Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I had a big Ziploc bag full of random red bricks so I decided to see what kind of structure I could build. I didn't have a plan, I was just free-building, tearing things apart when I didn't like them and starting over. After about two hours (during which I was also watching Groundhog Day), I had a three-walled building.

I thought maybe this is what the inside of the containment unit looks like if you're a ghost.

Here are just a few of its possible denizens. I have duplicates and variants of several of these ghoulies and ghosties, so these just represent one of each.

Alex
I wasn't fond of the high contrast of the darkroom's glaring white windows, so I replaced the panes with clear ones that had been 'blacked out' from the inside with electrical tape. (The brick is not available in black.)

And now that I have extra stickers, I put the ones of Vigo onto tiles that can be removed from the wall.

This meant replacing the vertical panels with a series of smaller bricks to incorporate the side-studs.

Here's how the newly blacked-out windows look from the outside. (Unintentional cameo by Slimer cracked me up when I reviewed the photo.)

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Spoilers in film-tied in sets aren't unique to Ghostbusters '16, a number of their Marvel ones have also had minor spoilers here and there. It's probably more deserving to blame Sony, for okaying that element of the set.

I'll be buying the '16 Ecto-1 set.
Soooo, Lego have announced they will be making a set based on the new Ecto-1.
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/02/0 ... -set-news/
I have to say, it looks even uglier in brick form. :(
Alex Newborn wrote:Still exploring the various features of the Lego Firehouse, I wondered about the curtainless, doorless shower design.
If you think about how these rooms look from the minifigs' size, when the Firehouse's hinged panels are closed, another problem is that whenever Janine has to go to the ONE potty in the building, she has to walk through the boys' bunkroom to get there.

Whoever sits on that toilet has no privacy. There's no wall between it and the beds.

Plus, whenever anyone takes a shower, without a curtain, the carpet beyond the tile AND someone's bedspread are getting soaked.

Alex
Found this last night while browsing the Flickr album of one "Paddy Bricksplitter".

It was built in December, one month before the official set came out, and was intentionally designed with a 16x16 footprint as a modular house.

I liked the use of the Skreemer as a ghost, natch.

Funny thing was, THIS was the pic on Facebook that someone posted:

I liked this MOC enough to browse through the rest of their album, delighted to find that mini-Firehouse among the creations.

Alex
I enjoyed the Super Secret Police Dropship (from the Lego Movie) in the GB level of Lego Dimensions...

...but never dreamed I'd walk into the local 'Bargain Hunt' and find one for $37.50.

They put all toys on 25% off for a one-day sale the day after Valentine's. I started not to get it, but it was just too much 'ticking clock/limited time offer' pressure for me to resist.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Have you guys unlocked the alternate 'skins' for the mini-Ecto?

I was wandering around Facebook and saw some videos that show them.

I'm really tempted to order some bricks and build that green/Slimer version for real.

Looks like you can likewise re-skin the Trap.

Alex
I was rearranging some things in the den the other day and decided to display several of my Lego creations. Since my sons' Lego Dimensions game is in there, it themed pretty nicely. Here's the stuff in front of the TV.

Believe it or not, I seldom have all this unboxed at the same time unless I am photographing them, so this is the first time all of these things have been out in the same room together. Here's a table over in the corner.

This one showed me I really need to purchase some road plates.

I finally took the black-and-gray 'skin' off my Ecto and returned it to white. One of my mods was a more domed piece on the radome... discovered this makes it too tall to fit under the Firehouse's arch.

These are atop a cabinet to the left of the TV.

That green door over the staircase is starting to bug me. It was originally supposed to be a temporary placeholder, but I still need to find one in a more complementary color.

The cabinet on the right has the least to do with Ghostbusters, though the GBs did explore these catacombs in a short video that I made.

I couldn't figure out a good place for Doc, Marty, and the Time Machine... then I thought, "It's a time machine! I can put it wherever/whenever I want!" Ancient Egypt worked nicely. (Okay, so the DeLorean would only have taken them back to ancient Hill Valley, but they could have hovered to Egypt from there, right?)

Seeing a quick sneak-preview Dimensions shot of Peter Venkman smashing an Anubis Guard inspired my collection of hieroglyphic-patterned bricks, though I already had some mummies and Anubis heads prior to that.

Antman-inspired giant Legos.

Alex
Kingpin liked this
Gamestop.com put their Lego Dimensions Level Packs and Team Packs back on sale, so we ordered a few things we'd been hoping to find for cheaper. They arrived yesterday.

Today I put my new Who wig on Peter Venkman. My son asked why. I said I just wanted to see what PV would look like with gray hair.

He said, "He does have gray hair. In the Zombieland Scream Awards video."

To the best of my recollection, I've never shown him that. Either I did it years ago and he still remembered it, or he found it on his own. Either way, I was so impressed, I knew I'd have to take this pic in tribute to the depth of my son's GB knowledge.

So I *finally* had a reason to dig out the custom LEFT arms with the GB logo on them. You couldn't order only the right ones, you had to get them in pairs, so I threw the lefts back in the baggie and never used them. Until now.

I didn't go so far as to add the smudge on his cheek (from signing autographs with a Sharpie, I heard) or the black elbow pads.

Alex
Kingpin, Tyrael liked this
I spent so much time setting up the Yellow Brick Road-- which ironically is formed entirely of plates and tiles, not bricks-- that I almost forgot the purpose of the vignette.

Neat, but not GB-specific enough...

"What a horribly bright-looking carriage... although I do like the spooky ghost on the side."

Alex
thats cool! needed an artsy thing to do to get something off my mind so I'm reverse engineering it in Lego Designer right now.

UPDATE:
So here's where I'm at, I pretty much have it, there is just the front and side entry doors that I wanna try and figure out a better way to do it. If there were other views of it it would really help figure that out. The other piece I can't figure out is the piece that sticks out just above the side entry with the rounded corners, am thinking of not doing that since the real one doesn't have that.

Haha, great minds think alike!

My theory on the piece above the side door is that it's the minifig backpack loop with a single stud. They use them in the proton packs.

I like your roof pattern better than mine. Definitely gonna update mine with those changes. What did you figure out for the door behind the front archway? I couldn't grasp how to do that or the yellow tile seen under the arch.

Alex
Ah I did not think of that piece, will have to look into that.

For that I'm doing a cheat since I couldn't think of any other way to do it:
After the first row of tile with middle stud I have a light grey 1x1 tile on either side and a 1x2 yellow in the middle. Same thing for the next row back just replace the yellow with another plate with stud. To get the look he does just doe a 1x2 plate brick and I placed the same as used for the windowson the first stud. Now place it on the 1x2 stuf brick so the little circle in the middle on the bottom goes into the stud.

Only thing with doing that is looing through the front there still some open spacing at the arch, and the side isn't compltly covered.

UPDATE: ok I found that piece and with what I've done the only what I see getting that to fit in there would be to cut off the back neck hole part of that piece. Also to help file in the side door area for what I did I place a 1x2 on the second peg of that plate I'm using for the door.

ok looking at it again this morning I'm pretty happy with how it is, still may modify it yet but not sure. I kicked out building instructions if anyone is interested, just open the html file in the folder.

Firehouse Mini Instructions v1.0

actually just had an idea on my way into work this morning for one little change I might make on the side entry . So there might be a change a little later today.
I tried one or 2 things and I was kinda iffy about it, one of which was just to remove the black modified brick above the side entry and just do a 1x2 grey like the others. But I looked at the actual firehouse and it has that feature. I ordered pieces at this point and some extras to play with my idea on actual bricks, Hopefully it should be here by the weekend. My whole brick lot was a little over $20 worth, I'll tell you though it was a pain to find a seller on bricklink that had all the pieces. Even Lego.com pick a brick were sold out of some of the pieces.
Cool, keep me posted. A local Lego pal of mine is also wanting to know what solutions we come up with.

Here's a fun shot I'd been postponing. I actually had a couple dozen different shapes of flame pieces I could have used, but in the end only put four in the scene.

I've already been asked on Facebook if the lack of an arm patch for Winston was intentional. So glad someone caught that little detail.

Alex
Kingpin liked this

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]