By Riggs45
So this past weekend we went to Motor City Comic Con and my wife donned the Kenner pack. I thought I would post a few pictures of it in action. It will help give you the sense of scale of it on an adult. My wife is 5"8 and it actually looked pretty great on her! I thought it would look kinda silly next to the regular packs, but it held its own nicely I think!

I think the pack gave her an inflated level of confidence.... After we busted a Xenomorph, she made out with it.

The pack was a huge hit! And only weighing a few pounds, she was fine with wearing it all day.
hey hey... wow.. iam proud that my pack is a model for yours and i had to look two times if you only copy my pictures :lol::lol:

it looks really cool and i love it :-)

But... i thing about to sell my kenner pack.. without lights and gun and Aliceframe... only the pack,
Its to heavy for my little son.
I have a second one, similar, kenner too but build it lighter. This one i will keep :-)
Riggs45 liked this
By Riggs45
Thanks Maverick! You're Kenner builds definitely set the bar! Thanks for the inspiration!

Grim, LOL I'm sure once her pack starts coming together she'll forget all about the little Kenner pack! If not, it'll be a damn fun little build!
By Riggs45
So just a quick update to the little pack. My Amigo GrimmyGB had an extra light kit hanging around so in his infinite goodness, he suggested I throw it into the little Kenner pack.

To fit a standard powercell light kit, you have to build onto these packs because they wont fit into where I had the light already. I was looking to do what others have done in the past which is to find a little box thats about the same size and put it on the side, but I couldnt find one that fit right. I also thought the pack could benefit from having ribs on the side of the powercell, so I built one out of...... mini blinds! (of course)

Filled in the old hole.

Lining it up.

For the battery, I used what I had originally had on my Studio Creations build, a 9V battery box cut into the mobo. I think it just seals it up nicely and give the 9V a home.

I also covered over the slot at the top that the PKE meter handle originally fit into. (mini blinds and epoxy)

I had to cut a new motherboard to fit the new addition. I absolutely love the way the scratch built powercell turned out. It really turned this it into a real looking pack.

Its alive! The cyclotron lights werent hooked up yet.

I used a left over toggle from my Thrower build for the on/off switch.

So thats it! It definitely gave the pack a more realistic look having the powercell ribs on the side now. It always looked a little bare on that side. I also ran the injector lines into the bottom of it. Having cycling lights really woke the pack up.
Were planning on adding a kidney pad onto it too. Itll probably be a custom one so it fits, but its necessary. Now that I've built the Throwing Chicken gun for my pack, I may put the Matty wand onto this one as well... or the next one I end up building. There will be another eventually.
Libtechinit liked this
By Riggs45
Grimmy GB wrote:Man...I just love how this little guy turned out. I'll be building one for the wife in the future.
Thanks Dood. It wouldn't have happened without ya! And yeah.. sorry about that... tee hee
Grimmy GB liked this
By Lewis Tully
So very cool, man! I have just replaced the straps on my Kenner pack to fit my 2 year old, but this is just incredible! I have seen several Kenner conversions go awry, but this is great! Well done, sir!
By Riggs45
TK5759 wrote:I just won a Kenner pack off the 'bay. Definitely some good ideas in here! :)
Nice purchase! They are definitely getting expensive! Enjoy the build, its so fun!
Lewis Tully wrote:So very cool, man! I have just replaced the straps on my Kenner pack to fit my 2 year old, but this is just incredible! I have seen several Kenner conversions go awry, but this is great! Well done, sir!
As always, you're too kind Lewis! Isnt it great that our kids are taking over the mantle? I love it! Thanks!
Lewis Tully liked this
By TK5759
Riggs45 wrote:
TK5759 wrote:I just won a Kenner pack off the 'bay. Definitely some good ideas in here! :)
Nice purchase! They are definitely getting expensive! Enjoy the build, its so fun!
You're not kidding, mine cost around $75 with wand, straps, and crusty looking yellow hose. No stickers to be found on it anywhere.
By Riggs45
TK5759 wrote:
Riggs45 wrote:
You're not kidding, mine cost around $75 with wand, straps, and crusty looking yellow hose. No stickers to be found on it anywhere.
Wow.. That Sounds like a perfect candidate for a rebuild though! but If you want to take a stab at adding just the decals.. Here's this. You will probably have to up res it though.

Ecto-1 fan, TK5759 liked this
By Riggs45
slimer01 wrote:I have 2 two packs. I was looking to trade some pack parks for them or a gun kit..
Say wha? Did you accidentally post here while trying to post on another thread perhaps?
slimer01 wrote:No I said I have two complete Kenner packs and if anyone was interested I would trade them for pack parts or a gun kit...
Why would you even do that in someone's build thread though? Not cool
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]