Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Kingpin wrote:
skankerzero wrote:I know it's a typo, but can you imagine when you can actually say 'Ghosbusters 9 is about to come out'?
I suspect it wasn't a typo. :)
It wasn't a typo.
skankerzero wrote:
timeware wrote:We'll all be sad 60 year old's running around in jumpsuits using our proton rifles as canes or walkers.
If Disney had the license, that would only be about 4 years from now.
And a theme park built in 1.5 years.
DarkSpectre wrote:
Jangonate wrote:Yeah, after hearing about it here I googled it, but everything I've seen, which is little, looked like generic action movie with ghosts. I love the paranormal, but it's packs and traps and ghost wrangling that got me into Ghostbusters. Seeing soldiers with a machine gun doesn't hit the mark.

That's just it, like the reboot, we don't know exactly the type of weaponry used. One of the screen caps I saw has a character holding a PKE like meter. I mean most of what we've heard always drops the "ghostbusters meets black hawk down" or "Ghostbusters go to war" or something along those lines. Maybe their guns have special ammo or are laser based, who knows. It could very well be a generic action movie with ghosts, but Feig's film could also be a Paul Feig movie that happens to have ghostbusters in it. Again we wont know anything until trailers for both happen
I'll likely see that film on home release, but it doesn't appear to be much of a "Ghostbusters" vibe to it. Likely would be a bit like the 2007 Zootfly idea for a Ghostbusters Video Game turned to a film. Feig's comedy aspect may not be 100% to my liking, but it appears that the Ghostbusters in that film will be more like the originals than those. I don't connect with the military look of it.

There is also last years "Ghosthunters: on icy trails" that was Ghostbusters in concept. Anyways, it ended up being a very kidish film that was more like Casper meets Men In Black. It had one reference of sorts in it to ghostbusters in dialog, but it wasn't aimed at Ghostbusters fans at all.
Posted by Total Film on Twitter, but removed soon thereafter... Hmmmm...
SpaceBallz wrote:If there's a superbowl spot I will karaoke "whats up" by 4 non blondes tonight after work at the bar and record it.
Do it anyways... ^_^ =D
pyhasanon wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:If there's a superbowl spot I will karaoke "whats up" by 4 non blondes tonight after work at the bar and record it.
Do it anyways... ^_^ =D
Super Bowl is over, no trailer, you're safe, dude!
The marketing (or lack there of it seems) for this film is baffling. Here you had one of the largest, most watched events of the year, and nothing. But by god here's 900 posts about the new Lego set. You'd think they'd want to use the opportunity to reach out to that vast of an audience but instead they seem to be more concerned about merchandise. I'd think that putting at least a teaser to start buzz and potentially start to win over naysayers would be the more sensible route
I understand it was a pricey buy in (5 million for 30 seconds) but the reach the Superbowl has in terms of audience, not to mention the Facebook saturation that they could've had during the game makes it a no brainer. Even if Feig has no say on when things get released, You'd think with all the mixed press that this whole film has had, that Sony would want to really start the push to get people excited. It's seriously reeks less about the movie itself but more to merchandise sales which still doesn't make sense if you have no footage to generate peoples interest.
I've not seen that link, but whatculture.com had it at number 2 in a similarly themed list as well. So that perception seems to be growing and Sony's not doing much it seems to rectify it. Feig said that there would be a trailer by the end of last year, didn't he? No trailer then. And now he says by the end of the month. Right up against the release media blitz for Batman vs Superman.
DarkSpectre wrote:I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that they couldn't even cobble together 30 seconds of action shots? Out of a 2 hour film?
Depends on how you want to market the film. It never was an action movie before, and the action might show to much gear or ghosts. We just don't know.

Did Feig really say there would be a trailer out before the end of 2015?

But instead of throwing doubts around every corner when we believe a trailer should be out, let's wait until a trailer is actually out. That's also why I don't take any poll serious yet. They don't know enough to consider it a flop.
Alphagaia wrote:Did Feig really say there would be a trailer out before the end of 2015?
He did...
And alpha, every still of the ladies in uniform is pushing the "look how bad ass we are" theme. I'm a video editor by trade. 30 seconds of good bits isn't that hard to cobble together, man. even if you did 2 second shots you're only talking about 15 shots. That's what I'm having a hard time with. In a 2 hour movie, they couldn't even find a few zingers and cool shots to make a quick sizzle reel? It really feels to me that they're trying the "brand recognition" card when they have an almost entirely different beast here and with the mixed reactions thus far, they should be doing what they can to push this movie to every venue they can.
Last edited by DarkSpectre on February 8th, 2016, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSpectre wrote:The marketing (or lack there of it seems) for this film is baffling. Here you had one of the largest, most watched events of the year, and nothing. But by god here's 900 posts about the new Lego set. You'd think they'd want to use the opportunity to reach out to that vast of an audience but instead they seem to be more concerned about merchandise. I'd think that putting at least a teaser to start buzz and potentially start to win over naysayers would be the more sensible route
This also baffles me. I work in retail. I should be starting or over stocking at least food items with the gb logo on them. six months before Starwars came out we weren't allowed to shelf or even talk about the force awakens stuff. I would be half expecting a cereal tie in, or seeing the ecto cooler back on shelves within the next month or so.

I'm still surprised that as popular as the new tmnt series is we just have your basic fruit snacks for them. Forth season in still no return of the cereal or mutagen filled fruit pies. (Now that's a no brainer!)
pyhasanon wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Did Feig really say there would be a trailer out before the end of 2015?
He did...
When did he say that? Curious then how he never explained why the trailer was delayed. Maybe that's also the reason why the Superbowl was not a possibility. If they wanted to release a trailer for the movie end of the year, something came up and they needed to change some things around or wait for a screening, the Superbowl spots where already taken. Pure conjecture, but it could make sense.

Also, I run a small company filming and editting wedding/company/funeral video's so I know with some music and fast cuts you can make almost anything epic, yes even a funeral (it was a thing they wanted), but if they want to keep story beats a secret, which does look like it's the case so far, maybe they don't want to show too much yet.
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?