Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Matt Campbell
From the pictures of the figures that we've been shown my only gripe with the whole lot would be Dana/Zuul's hair, it looks to pulled back and doesn't look right to me, otherwise I think they're all good. I missed out on the Mattel 6" line, and this is definitely better than the movie toys we got when I was a kid which was none at all, so I'm not going to complain too much at all. Today I picked my Series 1 figures up from my local comic shop and I love these things, but I just need to know if theres a trick to hooking the wand/thrower onto the pack? Because I can't get them to stay on.
By DSTZach
"Contact us" should get to customer service, yes. Ask for connectors for your proton streams, as well. We could not make the holes work, but we have connectors.
By Demon Vice Commander
DSTZach wrote: The hole is an oversight, that will be corrected going forward, but it's probably the easiest fix, if you use a pushpin.
Both Ray and Winston in the "Select" line still lack the holes for the proton streams; hopefully this will actually be corrected for the next wave.

After playing with the three figures for a bit, I'm having mixed feelings about this line. They're not terrible by any means, but they don't feel like the definitive Ghostbusters figures in this scale.

A few notes...

+ The pack, trap and goggles have surprisingly good sculpts.
+ The trap looks particularly nice on either Ray or Winston.
+ The packs ARE removable, and it's easy to pull the little plug out that connects one side of the straps/waist strap.
+ While Ray and Winston have similar bodies, there are actually differences in the sculpts to make them stand apart. The belts also have different gear arrangements.
+ The joints are solid, and I had no trouble at all swapping hands.
+ Louis' glasses look good and in-scale, which is notoriously difficult to do with figures in this scale.
+ The adjustable belts are really nice and have a great amount of detail.
+ The diorama pieces are impressive in scale and have some nice texturing.

- The figures have a lot of difficulty standing up. The lack of any bases makes this even more of a problem.
- Overall paint apps are pretty rough, and the uniforms have a really dirty wash that is a bit much.
- Louis' lack of accessories and sloppy paint job make him a pretty weak figure.
- There are some odd colors on the proton pack and trap (i.e. red ion rod, green trap knobs, etc.).
- Most of the extra hands are a bit pointless (the gloves even have sculpted fingernails).
- The streams are still useless, as they can't be inserted into the thrower tips.
- That black box on the back of the belt (which the hose connects to), is not only inaccurate, but pushes the bottom of the pack out from the figure.
- The throwers barely attach to the pack with an odd attempt at recreating the V-hook.
By gold333
If it's true that these figures feature no transparent/translucent parts (i.e. the leg hose or streams, etc.) I have no desire in buying them.

A lack of the bare essentials of accuracy like translucent parts which were in the movie (and on the Matty collector figures), relegates this line directly into the fisherprice / playmobil kids category.

It's not even as if the figures look very accurate or very iconic.
By DSTZach
Demon Vice, the wand peg holes are not going to happen. Contact customer service for clear connectors, which will connect the wands to the streams.

Gloves were a last-minute addition, largely based on feedback from this forum, so they re-use the hand tooling. Hence fingernails. The other option was no gloves. But I believe the various hand positions all have specific uses, even if two appear similar.

Gold, sorry there are no translucent parts, and that the figures are not accurate or iconic to your eyes. The wand/stream connectors are translucent, hopefully that floats your boat.
By AJ Quick
We got the Select figures in with the temple pieces today.

I have to say, and I absolutely thrilled by these. The accessories and temple pieces look great, the packaging is very nice (not a huge fan of the plastic view boxes, because they are harder to ship)... and the figures themselves are way ahead of anything MattyCollector was doing. Well worth the price.

I just wished I hadn't sold all of them!

For anyone wondering, it looks like they made about 6800 of each figure with the temple pieces.
Matt Campbell liked this
By MacDougses
Picked up my set yesterday. Overall I like what DST has done. Yes, they have flaws, but there are enough pleasant surprises to outweigh them I feel. Things like being able to holster (and strap!) the trap to not only Winston's but Ray's belts and even being able to "clip" the wand to the loop on the belt. I think Louis' likeness is a little better in person and the glasses definitely help.

I decided to try removing the pack as mentioned earlier and the peg holding the strap in snapped clean off. I can glue it so it's not a big deal, but just be warned that they definitely seem glued in. I'm also concerned with the hoses. My trap hose came with a considerable kink and the hose on Winston's thrower looks like it might break near the connection point.
By Judhudson
I picked up a set from my local comic book shop yesterday. I just hope that sales are good enough for these figures that we will get the remaining ones to finish the diorama. Hate to be stuck with half of a temple...
By DSTZach
Judhudson wrote:I picked up a set from my local comic book shop yesterday. I just hope that sales are good enough for these figures that we will get the remaining ones to finish the diorama. Hate to be stuck with half of a temple...
Most of the pieces have value on their own as diorama bases, but I believe they're all tooled at this point, which is half the battle. Still need to tool a few of the final ghosts, but I think we're in for long haul.
Matt Campbell liked this
By Doctor Venkman
Well, I'll definitely be adding the stream connectors to my request once I receive a response, so that's good to know.

But, in the meantime, for anyone who has the Mattel figures already, and has some lying around, or plans to store them away to display these instead... The streams that came with those figures work exceptionally well with the new Diamond ones. I actually think they look fantastic:

I have a bunch of these, because I wasn't anticipating ever getting another line of Ghostbusters figures... So I bought the 2-packs, and I had a Marshmallow Mess Ray, and then when the regular Venkman figures were on deep discount for like $8, I bought a bunch just for the streams and resold the loose figures... so I'm all set. I'll get the clear connectors from Diamond, and can even use some of these for variety.

Just to clarify, will the clear connectors be included in future releases, or will we have to go through Customer Service to get them each time, Zach?
Kingpin liked this
By midmanc82
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Is there any UK retailers that sell these Zach?
Ive got both waves pre ordered off forbidden planet, they had a shipping date of 29th jan (expected in their warehouse ) but now it just says stock on way soon, I emailed them just to see if they had an actual date but they couldn't give me one. I do believe that they hit U.S stores yesterday though so I've got my fingers crossed they will be arriving soon :)
midmanc82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Is there any UK retailers that sell these Zach?
Ive got both waves pre ordered off forbidden planet, they had a shipping date of 29th jan (expected in their warehouse ) but now it just says stock on way soon, I emailed them just to see if they had an actual date but they couldn't give me one. I do believe that they hit U.S stores yesterday though so I've got my fingers crossed they will be arriving soon :)
Thanks man
By 910dohead
I pre-ordered the set from Big Bad Toy Store when they first went up and haven't heard anything yet from them regarding shipping, stock, etc. If there are only 6,800 pieces of each, I just hope they didn't oversell these. This is the first time I have ever ordered from BBTS so I don't know what to expect. One site I normally order from had them in stock since yesterday. Considering cancelling my pre-orders through BBTS and going with the site. Anyone else hear back from BBTS yet on these?
By ShiftyHenry
Zach, do Egon and Peter come with unique accessories like Ray and Winston did? I can't see anything in the packaged pics...but I can't imagine Egon lacking a PKE meter if Ray has goggles...
midmanc82 liked this
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
DV, it's the weekend, there probably isn't anyone there to look at emails until tomorrow.

I got my figures yesterday. These figures are gorgeous. I will open them up shortly and take some pics.
By ShiftyHenry
Doctor Venkman wrote:Has anyone gotten a response from Diamond Select about the stream connectors, or any other issues? I've sent two emails now about the broken trap and stream connectors, and no response.
Yes, I did. Only took a couple hours. I emailed them...Thursday? They asked for my address and are sending the connectors. This info was posted else where so maybe they're inundated with requests?
By JCRJr3
I also sent a message about the connectors and got a response within a couple hours. They asked for my address and are sending them along.
By DSTZach
Yeah, we don't work Saturday or Sunday, but if you haven't heard from us in a few business days, maybe try again.

Not sure about PKE meter, but I'll check.
By Doctor Venkman
Well I obviously knew they didn't work on the weekends guys, lol. I didn't mean that I sent an email and didn't get a response that day.

I sent emails last week that have gone unreturned. Sent another one this weekend, so maybe that will get answered early this week.

EDIT: And I have a response!
By elsoldao7
ShiftyHenry wrote:Zach, do Egon and Peter come with unique accessories like Ray and Winston did? I can't see anything in the packaged pics...but I can't imagine Egon lacking a PKE meter if Ray has goggles...
I second this question.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]