Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Alphagaia wrote:
pyhasanon wrote: He did...
When did he say that?
Y'know, for somebody who digs deep into details to validate his arguments, you don't pay much attention to Feig's Twitter account, where he makes most of his announcements... You can even ask him direct questions, and he will answer it from time to time... However, he never talks much about the trailer (except for his recent announcement), probably because he didn't release it at the end of 2015 like he initially told us he would, and he feels bad and/or ashamed about it...
The poll is pointless this early on. The only way it be relevant is if they asked folks that went to theaters to see Bridesmaids, The Heat, and Spy. Sony picked Paul Feig and allowed his choice actresses because the average sales of over 250 million each movie (based on three previously noted).

The budget being 154 Million + estimate promotion costs of half budget comes to 227 million. So the film would have to pretty much zero non-Feig fans to kill it and even then it is paid for. A blockbuster I assume is aiming for 381 million. That may not happen, if that makes the haters any better.

The film will make back its budget and merchandise sales will reinforce promoting the film. The "fans" can ignore it, and keep bashing the film, but it has a strong setup. That is why Sony isn't worried. TMNT was pretty much the same deal years ago. Fans go ahead and shovel all you want now, but Sony has won. Point blank, so have fans of the brand going forward.
pyhasanon wrote:
Alphagaia wrote: When did he say that?
Y'know, for somebody who digs deep into details to validate his arguments, you don't pay much attention to Feig's Twitter account, where he makes most of his announcements... You can even ask him direct questions, and he will answer it from time to time... However, he never talks much about the trailer (except for his recent announcement), probably because he didn't release it at the end of 2015 like he initially told us he would, and he feels bad and/or ashamed about it...
I don't use Twitter, it never really catched on for me. So maybe that's why. I can only see his response, but what was the question exactly? Did he mean teaser-trailer or poster? Cause we did have those in December.

(Edit: I just scrolled up to see the question. I feel old all of a sudden.)

Ashamed or not, it's indeed weird not to adress it if he said a (teaser) trailer would be out there. Could he mean the posters?
gold333 wrote:This is brilliant :)

http://toyriffic.blogspot.nl/2015/02/wh ... sters.html

"What if the all female Ghostbusters universe was formed when the original Ghostbusters crossed the streams?"

No. That is the laziest idea ever. Besides, an event like that would not create a parallel universe. If anything it could open a rift or door between universes, but spontaneously create? No. The idea feels more like grasping at straws to find any way to connect the two films (the author pretty much admits this). I gave this a lot of thought (my favourite book series of all time deals with a lot of jumping between parallel worlds) and couldn't find a way to make it work as presented.

Now if you wanted to get into making a parallel universe concept work you would need a villain/entity that was able to see or be aware of multiple worlds running in parallel. It would be able to travel to or manipulate agents/ghosts within the various worlds thus threatening the all the worlds as a whole. Then you could have the two groups working from their own worlds to thwart the baddy in tandem or open up possibilities for the teams to travel between the worlds to save them all. Now you could tie that to the Gozer event by having the stream cross tear a hole between the worlds thus allowing the big entity to become aware of the parallel worlds and setting the whole story into motion. That is if you really wanted to tie it to the first film. But wouldn't be necessary for the story to work on it's own.
Anybody see that ninja turtles episode where the different ninja turtles crossed over with one another? The 80s cartoon with the new cartoon and then eventually the comic book version. I remember the end where we got to see different turtle alternate realities.
The Ghostbusters did that in the "Get Real!" IDW story arc in the comics... as well as the crossover with the Turtles...
Just watched Pixels and it's alright, just a tad mediocre. The setup is nice,the effects are great but during the second centipede attack things got a bit messy. The flow is of, and this feels the same for the pacman fight. He should have been built up more, and his win condition was vague. Did he need to kill the ghosts or eat enough cars or fruit? If it was ghosts why was he already on a rampage? It was an entertaining fight though, the last fight had a bit of a forced build up to it,but it looked great. It didn't feel very tense though. Overall, it had some funny jokes, looked great,but the story could have had some better build ups to the action scenes, while the second centepe level almost added nothing and the final fight felt lacking. A solid 6.5 for me.
Alphagaia wrote:Just watched Pixels and it's alright, just a tad mediocre. The setup is nice,the effects are great but during the second centipede attack things got a bit messy. The flow is of, and this feels the same for the pacman fight. He should have been built up more, and his win condition was vague. Did he need to kill the ghosts or eat enough cars or fruit? If it was ghosts why was he already on a rampage? It was an entertaining fight though, the last fight had a bit of a forced build up to it,but it looked great. It didn't feel very tense though. Overall, it had some funny jokes, looked great,but the story could have had some better build ups to the action scenes, while the second centepe level almost added nothing and the final fight felt lacking. A solid 6.5 for me.
A good assessment. Honestly, I think my wife and I had such low expectations that the fact that it wasn't terrible helped us to enjoy it more. It was also disappointing that they used the Donkey Kong finale in the trailers. That would've been more fun to discover for the first time in the film. One thing I really liked was the use of music. Made the finale even better.
timeware wrote:The ending was a tad messed up with what happened to a certain hopping video game character.Sandler's films do alright until the weird freaking endings.
Adam Sandler's commentary on it during the scene cracked me up, though.

You know what hurt the film for me? Anyone whose played these classic games knows the importance of patter recognition and twitch reflexes. So much is happening that you need to pay attention. How did our heroes have so much time to think and spout plucky phrases during the final fight? Took some of the tension out of it.

I agree, it's a decent film. It won't win any awards, but it's far from the worst thing that came out last year.
Alphagaia liked this
They are considered so good at the games and recognizing the patterns they shot behind their backs to hit centipedes dead smack in the kissers. Without looking. I think they can talk shit as well.

Besides, it would make a boring comedy if they were silent during the actions scenes.
I stopped finding Adam Sandler funny after "The Waterboy/Wedding Singer" period plus I can't stand Josh Gad. That's my main reasons for staying clear of Pixels. It's a shame too. I love video games and I liked the GB vibe it had too.
DarkSpectre wrote:I stopped finding Adam Sandler funny after "The Waterboy/Wedding Singer" period plus I can't stand Josh Gad. That's my main reasons for staying clear of Pixels. It's a shame too. I love video games and I liked the GB vibe it had too.
I'm actually a Gad fan so it was a plus for me. Have you seen The Comedians? I think that's the name of it. Stars him and Billy Crystal and it's a show on FX. He picks on himself a lot in that show.
One thing I'm wondering about are the ghost designs. Are they gonna look cartoonish like the creatures from the movies or more humanoid?
This Post Contains Spoilers
Jangonate wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:I stopped finding Adam Sandler funny after "The Waterboy/Wedding Singer" period plus I can't stand Josh Gad. That's my main reasons for staying clear of Pixels. It's a shame too. I love video games and I liked the GB vibe it had too.
I'm actually a Gad fan so it was a plus for me. Have you seen The Comedians? I think that's the name of it. Stars him and Billy Crystal and it's a show on FX. He picks on himself a lot in that show.
Gad to me is like McCarthy. We either like them or cant stand them. Plus he voices that insufferable snowman in Frozen.
Alphagaia wrote:
gold333 wrote:

Whats HLP?
I clicked on it: High Land Park.

Will Jay Leno have the scoop on the new trailer?
Leno's a car nut and Dan thought of the Ecto1. It's probably filmed for the BR extra's.
gold333 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:
I clicked on it: High Land Park.

Will Jay Leno have the scoop on the new trailer?
Leno's a car nut and Dan thought of the Ecto1. It's probably filmed for the BR extra's.
Leno has a car series on Youtube. He did a similar video cruising around LA in the Tumbler Batmobile.
I've seen some preliminary sketches of the ghosts, the ones I saw were definitely humanoid... but, there could be a mix, especially if Slimer does show up...
pyhasanon wrote:I've seen some preliminary sketches of the ghosts, the ones I saw were definitely humanoid... but, there could be a mix, especially if Slimer does show up...
Don't you mean:
This Post Contains Spoilers
:wink:

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]