Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By grantofkings
JayTigran wrote:Do we get to see the new Minimates soon?
NY Toy Fair is this weekend. With the announcement dropping today, I'd expect to see whatever Sony will let them show, minus anything that Sony may deem a spoiler.
By ShiftyHenry
Well, for those that don't like what DST is offering the Matty figures still exist. So, have fun with those. For me, I was happy with the Matty ones because that's all we had at the time. Given a choice between DST and Matty? It's no contest. Matty couldn't touch the DST figures with a 10 meter cattle prod.

Thanks to Zach for being available and answering all of our crazy questions. Thanks as well to DST for getting right on it with the proton stream clips. I had mine 2 business days later and they work great! Can series 2 be here yet!?
Zach,
Any hints on the OTHER variants in the line? Are they just paint variants ( marshmallow for example) or are their potential sculpt variants too (like the blue labcoat versions of Pete, Egon and Ray)? When will the first of these other variants be available?
By DSTZach
Not sure Minimates will be approved to show by NYTF, I just saw them recently. But maybe C2E2?

And the in-series variants have new sculpting -- End of Shift Ray and a Peter TBA. But you may see a paint variant by this summer.
Matt Campbell liked this
By Matt Campbell
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:I've been a toy collector my entire life and the one thing that I still don't understand are you collectors. This happened with the Mattel line and now we're seeing it with DST. Yes, you can take a figure and nit-pick, complain, etc. but why? What's the point? We're getting a minimum of 15 new Ghostbusters figures that build a temple diorama. That's insane.

These are $25 figures. (Actually the TRU versions were $12) This is not a premium format figure and the reality is that if you want an extremely detailed and 100% accurate movie figure, you're going to be spending a lot more money. I know someone is going to come eback and give me a bunch of examples about where I'm wrong but for me, I'll just stay over here being ecstatic about my new Ghostbusters toys. Thanks DST!
What Craig said, I'm with him all the way on this one.
YHSCraig liked this
By BradRedfield
These guys go great with what NECA is offering for their seven-inch stuff.

Looking forward to picking up the deluxe wave 1 figures and wave 2 when it comes out!
By 910dohead
Zach, I contacted customer service via e-mail a week ago regarding the series 1 wand clips and haven't received a reply. With others on here stating they have received theirs already, I am inquiring about a better way of contacting customer service so I can get my hands on a pair. Is there a customer service phone number I can call? I wasn't able to find one on your site.

I will be receiving my figures in the mail tomorrow and have yet to see these in person (besides the prototypes that were at SDCC). I can understand where christphern is coming from. Some of his points are valid like some of the paint applications and the spot on Winston's neck from the injection molding. It would be best if it was hidden. However, I would say that he is overly nitpicking about inane details. Per the price point, I don't think anyone has expected this line to be the end-all Ghostbusters action figure line. The figures have their flaws, but for me they have stronger selling points versus the Mattel line. He's comparing apples and oranges at this point.

What sells me on the figures is the scale, the use of extra details (not referring to paint application, but in regards to the belts, the pack straps, etc.), the sculpting (not the same body sculpt being reused) and the fact that these are packed with a collect-and-connect temple diorama at the same selling price point as the Mattel figures. I am also thrilled with finally getting a Janine figure and a new Gozer. I am sure that I will have my own gripes with these after I open them tomorrow. Though I am personally satisfied with what I have seen so far, my only worry is breakage since so much of it has been reported. I just hope I don't have any issues.
Last edited by 910dohead on February 11th, 2016, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 910dohead
DSTZach wrote:We actually designed some Extreme sets at one point. New GB media is always good, might help more product happen, from all eras.
I know that this might be asking much, but is there anyway you could share a picture of said prototypes with us? Maybe it could drum up some interest that you could show the guy in charge of green lighting such wares. This community is known for our abilities to throw excessive amounts of money at such items. All we need is to be teased and then its hook line and sinker. You guys can all laugh together on the way to the bank. I imagine that would be fun?
By BradRedfield
joeghostbuster wrote:is Ray supposed to be taller than Winston?
Ray is a little taller than Winston thanks to his hair but the angle of the picture and position of Ray (he's out farther than Winston on my shelf) makes him look much taller than he actually is.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Wow, I am really impressed with these figures. These are leagues ahead of the Mattel figures and the diorama parts are awesome. For anyone on the fence about the Louis figure, the sculpt is much better in person. I think that they got his likeness down pretty good (the red eyes are a nice touch). Totally worth getting in my opinion.

By Doctor Venkman
Got my replacement for my broken trap along with my stream connectors today.

Although one stream already broke when I tried to use the stream connector... the peg snapped right off. I recommend putting the stream connector onto the wand first, then plug the stream in. If you put it in first, and then try to push the connector on, you might end up snapping it off like I did.

Still... I think I prefer the Mattel streams anyway, so it's not a huge deal.
By zeta otaku
Got Ray yesterday... and managed to snap the hand that he came packaged with while trying to swap it out. Ended up drilling out the hole. I kinda wish they went with a twin ball joint system where you just swapped out the hands and not the post they're connected to. Also, is there supposed to be a part on the pack the thrower can clip onto or something? Mine just has a slot and I can't figure out if I'm missing a piece or only half of the V-hook is supposed to lock into it. Also, the ALICE frame on Ray's pack is horribly warped and part of the cross frame was snapped before I even took it out of the box, not to mention ZERO way to attach the stream effect (making due with the left over Mattel version since that works).

I'm grabbing Winston today, so, hopefully these issues are a one off. Also, why the hell did they paint the entire post on the hand? I'm convinced that's the cause of the snapping. It was inserted wet, it dried in the socket and just got stuck there.
By PssdffJay
Doctor Venkman wrote:Got my replacement for my broken trap along with my stream connectors today.

Although one stream already broke when I tried to use the stream connector... the peg snapped right off. I recommend putting the stream connector onto the wand first, then plug the stream in. If you put it in first, and then try to push the connector on, you might end up snapping it off like I did.

Who did you contact for the steam connectors?
By Doctor Venkman
PssdffJay wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:Got my replacement for my broken trap along with my stream connectors today.

Who did you contact for the steam connectors?
https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/contactus
By 910dohead
zeta otaku wrote:Okay, time out... we're getting two Ray figures?
Yeah, one where he's got the flight suit unzipped and much dirtier like he's just come back from a job. That and another version of one of the other characters which I don't think they've revealed yet. From what I have gathered, these 2 alternate versions are not apart of the diorama setup.

What I would like to know is why are the Terror Dogs missing from the display? I wonder if they're out for additional tooling?
By zeta otaku
Oh, okay good. I want to complete the display, but I really don't need duplicate figures. I'm also guessing the other alternate figure will be Winston.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?