Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
SpaceBallz wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:I've seen some preliminary sketches of the ghosts, the ones I saw were definitely humanoid... but, there could be a mix, especially if Slimer does show up...
Don't you mean:
This Post Contains Spoilers
:wink:
Well, I dunno about that, and I'd seriously hate for that to be the reboot's origin of Slimer, but whatevs...

...but, I mean, I have seen sketches of other ghosts... whether or not they will make it into the film, who knows...
pyhasanon wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:
Don't you mean:
:wink:
Well, I dunno about that, and I'd seriously hate for that to be the reboot's origin of Slimer, but whatevs...

...but, I mean, I have seen sketches of other ghosts... whether or not they will make it into the film, who knows...
I've read that before, but that could have changed... it may have not... who knows...
SpaceBallz wrote:
Might as well mo-cap while we're at it!
Why not just come out and say that they used the cartoon as a base? Lol Pretty sure they would've saved some headaches if they just came out and said that "Since we have so much respect for the original film, we're using the highly successful cartoon as model instead of tampering with the originals" :D
Why does everybody seem like this is the first time they've seen the Ecto-2? It was one of the first things they unveiled...
DarkSpectre wrote:Why not just come out and say that they used the cartoon as a base? Lol Pretty sure they would've saved some headaches if they just came out and said that "Since we have so much respect for the original film, we're using the highly successful cartoon as model instead of tampering with the originals" :D
Wasn't something to that effect said last year, that aspects from across the franchise would have an influence on the final product?
pyhasanon wrote:Why does everybody seem like this is the first time they've seen the Ecto-2? It was one of the first things they unveiled...
True, but some people may have missed it. I think this may be the first clear shot of it -- it was on the front page of superherohype.

What I am definitely curious about is those sketches you saw.
Kingpin wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:Why not just come out and say that they used the cartoon as a base? Lol Pretty sure they would've saved some headaches if they just came out and said that "Since we have so much respect for the original film, we're using the highly successful cartoon as model instead of tampering with the originals" :D
Wasn't something to that effect said last year, that aspects from across the franchise would have an influence on the final product?
So Feig is like Tempus from XGB, mucking with the timelines :D
Threadender wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:Why does everybody seem like this is the first time they've seen the Ecto-2? It was one of the first things they unveiled...
True, but some people may have missed it. I think this may be the first clear shot of it -- it was on the front page of superherohype.

What I am definitely curious about is those sketches you saw.
It's actually from the official Ghostbusters Snapchat profile that they just announced... I didn't initially have Snapchat, but I figured I would humor them just to see what's up...

Sorry, can't share the sketches with you...
I want to see the motorcycle in action. A couple of things that bug me about the design is the junk on the back of the bike. It would have been a great idea if they were to have commissioned Orange County Choppers to make the bike for the movie. Generate hype from the special show then have the trailer follow the episode.
Aside from my nit picking I like the concept.
I would have gone with a much larger motorcycle for the design or had cables running into the gas tank turning it into a temporary containment unit. Example: motorcycle runs on ecto plasm. The guns seem like they would be to big to drive with. Maybe make them smaller? It would be interesting to see them fire in the movie. As a gag around Mc Carthy the bike could offer recoil after being fired.
I don't believe anything made by OCC would've fit in with the aesthetic that they were going for with this film (or at least the first half of it). If the bike was truly assembled by Kevin, along with his uniform, then this feels more "real", rather than something professionally painted and customised.
Alphagaia liked this
Kingpin wrote:I don't believe anything made by OCC would've fit in with the aesthetic that they were going for with this film (or at least the first half of it). If the bike was truly assembled by Kevin, along with his uniform, then this feels more "real", rather than something professionally painted and customised.
Yup. Plus you can see that the logos are hand drawn and painted.
pezfueled wrote:Just got back from seeing deadpool at my local cinemark... The entire staff was wearing ghostbusters shirts.
(Is anyone else having trouble with the Youtube forum code?)
It hasn't quite hit me that we're about to be bombarded with marketing for a new Ghostbusters movie. I can't wait! Let's get this party started! :love:
Last edited by Fritz on February 13th, 2016, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed Youtube code
groschopf liked this
pezfueled wrote:Just got back from seeing deadpool at my local cinemark... The entire staff was wearing ghostbusters shirts.

Took some will power not to steal one.
I gotta see a pic. I. GOTS. TO.
Raystantz Italy wrote:So, SNL with Melissa and Feig has come and gone and no trailer.
If they gonna release something this weekend it would be on Valentine.

I found the best solution in these type of 'waiting' games (waiting for an update, game/movie/trailer/etc release.) To avoid disappointment: assume the trailer will be released on the last possible hour of the last possible day of this month. That way it will always be a pleasant surprise if it's even a day sooner.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]