Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Jangonate
Havoc0213 wrote:
Jangonate wrote:
Might have to wait for the Mattel panel.
I figured that would be the case with Mattel products, but what about others? No DST booth?

Really cool NECA Slimer though. Curious to see how much that will cost.
Things I've seen are GB Monopoly, Neca's Slimer and Stay Puft, Funko Pops of the new movie, classic GB and Stay Puft Mr. Potato Head, Lego GB 2016 Ecto, and some more shots of the DST GB figs. Minimates are announced for GB 2016, but DST Zach mentioned they might not be approved to show yet. Maybe we'll see the classic Ecto for Minimates.

I want Mattel to show toy Ecto and pack. We know there will be role play, but will they be able to show them and are they classic or new. I'd love to see a lot of what's in store for July in the way of action figures. Maybe tomorrow.
By Havoc0213
Jangonate wrote: Things I've seen are GB Monopoly, Neca's Slimer and Stay Puft, Funko Pops of the new movie, classic GB and Stay Puft Mr. Potato Head, Lego GB 2016 Ecto, and some more shots of the DST GB figs. Minimates are announced for GB 2016, but DST Zach mentioned they might not be approved to show yet. Maybe we'll see the classic Ecto for Minimates.

I want Mattel to show toy Ecto and pack. We know there will be role play, but will they be able to show them and are they classic or new. I'd love to see a lot of what's in store for July in the way of action figures. Maybe tomorrow.
Stay Puft Potato Head? XD

Yeah, I'm interested to see what Mattel has planned. Can't check their forum for updates because the Ghostbusters topic has been archived. Leaves GBfans my only GB go to site now. :(
By CaptCyan
Havoc0213 wrote: ... Can't check their forum for updates because the Ghostbusters topic has been archived. Leaves GBfans my only GB go to site now. :(
Hey Havoc!

I called that one, only missed the part about having other Props ... unless they announce something at Toyfair today. Here's my post from Matty:

CaptCyan
Matty Member
posted January 27, 2015 05:28 AM

Hey Gang!

The number of open Forums is dwindling fast. The list of Toy Lines is down to only 7 and "Ask Matty Ghostbusters" is already in the bucket. How long do you think they will keep the "Ghostbusters Thread" open?

Before you answer, yes there are RGB Figures that are to be announced at Toyfair, but they could be considered a line separate from the Ghostbusters Movie Figures and get their own Thread.

My guess is that they still have a Movie Prop or 2 on the back burner and will milk this for another year. What do you think?

If I'm wrong, see you on the other side!
By Havoc0213
CaptCyan wrote:
Havoc0213 wrote: ... Can't check their forum for updates because the Ghostbusters topic has been archived. Leaves GBfans my only GB go to site now. :(
Hey Havoc!

I called that one, only missed the part about having other Props ... unless they announce something at Toyfair today. Here's my post from Matty:

CaptCyan
Matty Member
posted January 27, 2015 05:28 AM

Hey Gang!

The number of open Forums is dwindling fast. The list of Toy Lines is down to only 7 and "Ask Matty Ghostbusters" is already in the bucket. How long do you think they will keep the "Ghostbusters Thread" open?

Before you answer, yes there are RGB Figures that are to be announced at Toyfair, but they could be considered a line separate from the Ghostbusters Movie Figures and get their own Thread.

My guess is that they still have a Movie Prop or 2 on the back burner and will milk this for another year. What do you think?

If I'm wrong, see you on the other side!
Hey!

Yeah, I suppose it was a bit obvious that it would happen lol. Still a little depressing though, I had some hope that the classics line would make a comeback since it is a movie year...

*EDIT* Mattel Update -
Last edited by Kingpin on February 14th, 2016, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
By Kingpin
Let's not forget the spoiler tags, guys. While there'll be a lot of stuff at Toy Fair based on the classic franchise, some people may not wish to see the ghosts that'll be appearing in the new film before it's released.
By d_osborn
joeghostbuster wrote:NECA is making a 1:1 scale foam Slimer statue, and also a foam Stay Puft statue that is approx 3 feet tall

That 1:1 Slimer sculpt has been around for ages. Funny to see if finally getting a licensed release! Raw fiberglass casts were sold on eBay a few years ago. There's not any lineage to the original film sculpts, but it looks super cool. Steve Johnson even picked one up for his new office and had Tom Spina finish it. Here are a few images of older casts of the same sculpt...

By weepel
I'm surprised at the lack of pictures here on the forum. Here's a link.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/14/toy-f ... 016-195228

I kind of get the feeling Maybe Mattel just doesn't know how to handle the gb license or maybe just doesn't care about it. That's a shame too, because besides the Ray head I thought their movie line was great. While I don't buy the new he man toys I'll admit I'm jealous of the quality they put into those toys. Even the new Thundercatstoys they're putting out look fantastic. These new Ghostbusters toys for the movie look cheap. Staypuft is such a great simple design, but I think something's off here. I don't know if it's through Mattels or the movies fault, but the demon here looks very generic. I think I've been spoiled. The ghosts in the original movies, toys and cartoons had such personality. I'd like to know if the bow tie ghost is in the movie. I think he looks alright, but I wish the teeth was a little different.
By Leolao
Kingpin wrote:
Leolao wrote:Some news about The Real Ghostbusters figures?
The what now?
Somebody posted above that Mattel is supposed to announce the RGB line at Toyfair.
AlTheRelic liked this
By AlTheRelic
Leolao wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
The what now?
Somebody posted above that Mattel is supposed to announce the RGB line at Toyfair.
Who did? As far as the community is concerned we've all been left in suspended animation. I honestly believe The Real Ghostbusters line was cancelled.
By Leolao
AlTheRelic wrote:
Leolao wrote:
Who did? As far as the community is concerned we've all been left in suspended animation. I honestly believe The Real Ghostbusters line was cancelled.
Never mind, I noticed the post I read was for last year Toy Fair, I thought it was for this one.
By d_osborn
DarkSpectre wrote:I have a suspicion that "Fatso/Rowan" is this movie's Slimer.
That actually popped in my head, as well. We've seen an very early mockup of a tie-in kid's book that has an image of the classic Slimer look, so there's no telling. I doubt it, but we'll see.
By Dr.D
Judging by the pics...Stay Puft is going to be in the movie as a balloon or other inflatable object. Look at the sculpting around the arms.

Gonna venture a huge guess here but... I'll bet the bowtie spook is the first ghost they catch. Probably in a very public manner too. This will be used as an explanation as to why withing the film the Ghostbusters logo looks the way it does. Because Hollywood thinking is if everything isn't explained to an audience they won't understand it.
By Kingpin
Idle Hands blog has posted a video of the Mattel booth at NYTF, where they get a closer look at the minis, the figures and the child-sized Proton Pack.

And in an update to an old idea, the child-sized Pack's Proton Gun projects the ghosts fitted into it, much like the old Ghost Zapper from the Kenner range. :)

(For the Pack, go to 0:57 into the video. There some possible spoilers about the villain before that point, so be warned.)
By venkman30
So rowan to me looks like the ghost from the logo or even better the one from the beginning of the real ghostbusters intro. My hopes still aren't very high for this movie.
By Havoc0213
venkman30 wrote:So rowan to me looks like the ghost from the logo or even better the one from the beginning of the real ghostbusters intro. My hopes still aren't very high for this movie.
My thoughts exactly! It's like the logo comes to life. Too bad Rowan has that stupid bow-tie and gap in his teeth, he'd actually make a great addition to RGB collections. Maybe if they make a basic, cheap, figure of him I'll pick it up and try making a custom. lol

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]