For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By Rinji79
Ghostbusters is a marvel with both the movies being awesome and amazing, and also the movie tie-in from 2009, 20 years after the last movie, was a beautiful game! So, using that logic, I just hope that the magic hasn't run out for this new game that they are planning.
By Kingpin
Obviously it should be noted that like most movie tie-ins, this game will probably lack a lot of polish so they can get it out for the movie's release.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Buckynohair
I'm of the belief that what we will be getting is a remaster of the 09 game. Which is A Ok with me :cool:

Maybe be with expanded multiplayer modes and even the new cast playable online.
By zeta otaku
Heh, if that's true, Bucky, it'll get me to buy an X-box One. The original release was what got me to grab the 360 :D
By Rinji79
If it's coming out for PS4, it will give me a great chance to catch up on the Multiplayer mode. I've beaten the Career Mode like 3 times, and I've still loved it from the start. Like KingPin said, Movie Tie-in games that are actually GOOD are 1 in a million.
By JonXCTrack
Buckynohair wrote:I'm of the belief that what we will be getting is a remaster of the 09 game. Which is A Ok with me :cool:

Maybe be with expanded multiplayer modes and even the new cast playable online.
Wow. It didn't even occur to me that is what they might do until I read your comment. I was just at Atari's website and did not see GBTVG listed on it. And as far as I know both Terminal Reality and Threewave are now defunct. I'm not sure how licensing works when defunct studios are involved, but if anyone has the money to buy the GB IP licensing rights, it's Activision.

I have my doubts, just because GBTVG and GB2016 are supposedly set in different universes, and it may cause some confusion among any new fans that GB2016 is able to draw in, but it would be nice to get a repolished GBTVG, with the achievement glitches fixed, new multiplayer maps/modes, and maybe, just maybe, the ability to play through the storymode with a friend or two.
By Travis Burrell
Multiplayer would DEF be a must!!! and I can see Activision doing this. They ARE the ones who created the original video game YEARS!!!!! ago for Commodore 64 I played and owned that! GOD I miss that game!!!

By SpaceBallz
Well maybe you'll get your nostalgia fix since those graphics are most likely what we'll be getting with this rushed project.
By Rinji79
It's a little ridiculous how many corners they cut when they make a movie tie-in game. At the moment, the only video games that worked as Movie tie-ins that I can think of were Spider-man 2, Ghostbusters, 007: Golden Eye, X-men Origins: Wolverine (yeah I know, weird), The Lion King and.... uhhhh... well honestly those are the only ones I can really remember. I'm sure there are some glaringly obvious games I'm missing. Still, with how many corners they probably cut on this reboot already, I wouldn't be surprised if we get graphics on par with Atari 2600.
By Kingpin
Rinji79 wrote:It's a little ridiculous how many corners they cut when they make a movie tie-in game.
It's not really all that surprising, they just don't have the development/refinement time that most other games get to enjoy.
By Rinji79
Yes, and I understand that. What I don't understand is why studios keep making the same mistake with them. They should know to get a gaming company at the same time they greenlight a franchise movie. Those developers need all of the time they can get, and having someone make a game on such a tight timeframe is the same mistake they made with E.T. and look what happened to that game.

Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation's jingle is very true, indeed. "Let's all laugh at an industry that never learns anything, teeheehee."
By Kingpin
Unfortunately a game studio won't be able to come in right at the start because there'll be months where they can't do anything because there won't be anything from the film to work with, which'd end up being a massive waste of money.
By gold333
While a remaster of GBTVG would be a dream come true, I don't see it happening.

Kids are never gonna buy a videogame after having seen GB 2016, and be quenched walking around 1984 environments, watching 4 dudes they don't recognize

I so hope I'm wrong though...

Actually,... With all the backlash, it might just be a masterstroke by Sony to put the original in the limelight using this method.
By DocLathropBrown
Rinji79 wrote:My daughter is 6 months old. When she is 3 years old, she is going to be watching Ghostbusters, the original two. I will not show her the new Ghostbusters until she is old enough to hate it :cool:
How open-minded and adult. I marvel.
Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
Too late. You are shunned, misogynist.
By Kingpin
Rinji79 wrote:Just in case anyone didn't catch it, that was a joke. Just wanted to make that clear.
Due to posts by some other folks where they said something similar, and completely meant it, I'd suggest either adding a smiling smiley to underscore that it was meant as a joke, or maybe avoid posting something like that, as it'd be too easy to interpret it as completely serious.
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:Obviously it should be noted that like most movie tie-ins, this game will probably lack a lot of polish so they can get it out for the movie's release.
You'd think since it's a movie tie-in that it would have a bigger budget than the 2009 game.
By Rinji79
Kingpin wrote:
Rinji79 wrote:Just in case anyone didn't catch it, that was a joke. Just wanted to make that clear.
Due to posts by some other folks where they said something similar, and completely meant it, I'd suggest either adding a smiling smiley to underscore that it was meant as a joke, or maybe avoid posting something like that, as it'd be too easy to interpret it as completely serious.
So the Peter winking wasn't enough?
By zeta otaku
pferreira1983 wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Obviously it should be noted that like most movie tie-ins, this game will probably lack a lot of polish so they can get it out for the movie's release.
You'd think since it's a movie tie-in that it would have a bigger budget than the 2009 game.
Movie tie ins are, for the most part, rushed messes on tight budgets. The ONLY example of a movie tie-in game that was actually fantastic was the Wolverine: Origins tie-in game which was WORLDS better than the movie and was actually a fun game! (I don't count the 2009 Ghostbusters a tie-in. While it IS based on a movie property, it was a stand alone installment and not a retelling of the non-existent Ghostbusters 3)
By skankerzero
pferreira1983 wrote:
Sadly they're usually low budget and rush jobs.

Movie games usually don't start until principle shooting is completed. They never start before because all they do is copy what's being made for the film. Having them start before would be a waste of time and money for the publisher.
By SkyHighGam3r
Here are my thoughts:

1.) Ghostbusters 3 (I will forever call it this) Remastered would be incredible, but I think unlikely.
2.) A movie tie-in game on the new movie would also be incredible.
3.) Movie tie-in games are generally not as polished as AAA games. However, they are still playable.
4.) Most importantly... No matter what, as long as we get to strap on a Proton Pack, zap some ghosts, and use the trap... That is 100% all that I care about all the way.

No amount of cast changes, universe reboots, different (bad?) writing, shameless marketing, hipster pandering, 'PC pushing', All-female, 'ruined childhood', blah blah blah ANYTHING.... none of it will stop me from enjoying that simple thrill.

Because, as it always has... and always will.

Bustin' makes me feel good.
By DarkSpectre
Pros:
Mixed team, Dig the cartoon style
Cons
Looks an awfully lot like Sanctum of Slime, which wasn't a bad game, had an intriguing story it was just really hard to play if you didnt have 4 people lol

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]