This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
I decided to build a transport case for my proton pack. I've had these old camera cases sitting on a top shelf at my work for seven years, so I decided to take them home and make something more useful.

I simply spray painted it black, added some strategic caution tape (of course), a few warning labels, and a no ghost logo on each side.

I lucked out in that my proton pack fits inside the case perfectly.

Next week I plan on making another one, complete with foam that has cutouts for all the other gear (thrower, belt gizmo, ecto goggles, PKE meter, etc). That way when I go somewhere, I can just bring it all with me in two cases, rather than a random cardboard box.

Enjoy!

Spengs, ieatmousetraps liked this
PssdffJay wrote:Does it bounce around at all inside?
Not even a little bit. There is maybe a quarter inch space on either side of the pack when it's inside.

And yes Cadger, I should look into getting some lights on it because lights make everything better!
This is pretty awesome. Gonna have to look for something like this when I have my pack done.
Hoot wrote:What's the measurements on it height width and depth
Dimensions are about 27" x 16" and when the cased is closed it has 14" depth. Let us be known that my pack is a scratch build, and I only roughly measured it out to the official size.
monolith21 wrote:It looks like a tight fit, but maybe some foam to make sure it doesn't get bounced around?
It is a tight fit on the length of the pack. Zero room foam. I might be able to add some to the case at the top and bottom of the case.

And thanks for the kind words ieatmousetraps!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

monolith21 wrote:Am I correct in assuming a case like this costs a pretty penny new? lol
Im sure most hard cases of any larger size would be quite expensive new. I did a search for the exact case I have and actually found some for a decent price. The first case in the search is different than mine, but seems like it would work well, as it is slightly longer than mine. My case is the third one in the search.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... e&_sacat=0

You would have to measure your pack super carefully though to see if it would fit. And I would make sure the seller accepts returns in case it did not fit.
Oh wow! That's A LOT cheaper than I expected to find them used. I'll keep my eye on these for sure. Seems like a decent travel option. I'd be wary of it taking any hits since there really isn't anything to absorb the impact on the inside, but it is WAY better than just hauling it around out in the open. These could stack nicely too.

Now to find a case for the wand and PKE!
Hey robandliv...that's a great plan and you have a little more room for foam if that's in the works. Also, it might be cool to attach some sort of telescoping handle so you don't have to carry it, rather, pull it like roller luggage.

Great thread shootforit!
For good clearance to add foam and stuff, and have room to safely place your thrower, it seems 30"L x 25"W x 18"H seems optimal... For that Sterilite box, you may have to remove the thrower and maybe your Ion Arm and bellow...
shootforit liked this
Grimmy GB wrote:
Great thread shootforit!
Hey I just wanted to show off my stuff! But if this thread helps other people get a transportation solution, then great!

Here is the progress on my non-pack gear case. I looked into getting the black foam that comes in other equipment cases, but that stuff is expensive for what it is. So I opted to go with $5 camping pads from walmart. I got two of those, layed out the arrangement for my gear, and got to cutting. Hot glue them together and for 10 bucks it does the job well. I do have to add one layer of the foam on top of the gear when I go to close it up, just so things dont come loose.

I am about to paint the outside of the case now!

robandliv wrote:I was walking in Walmart tonight and saw this. Great Price and with a little paint you could make this really cool looking. It even has wheels. I thinking about picking up two but want to check its measurements against a pack first.

I thought the same thing when a I was looking at storage Containers at Walmart last week!

I wasn't quite sure if a pack would fit though?
shootforit wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:
Great thread shootforit!
Hey I just wanted to show off my stuff! But if this thread helps other people get a transportation solution, then great!

Here is the progress on my non-pack gear case. I looked into getting the black foam that comes in other equipment cases, but that stuff is expensive for what it is. So I opted to go with $5 camping pads from walmart. I got two of those, layed out the arrangement for my gear, and got to cutting. Hot glue them together and for 10 bucks it does the job well. I do have to add one layer of the foam on top of the gear when I go to close it up, just so things dont come loose.

SO MUCH THIS! I have a smaller case for my belt gear and PKE with that tear away foam keeping it all snug. This would be awesome. If you could get your uniform and boots in there and just have to load two cases that would rock!
monolith21 wrote:If you could get your uniform and boots in there and just have to load two cases that would rock!
I took that into consideration, and figured that I would already be wearing my boots and flight suit if I was taking the gear somewhere. Luckily the elbow pads for right next to my gizmo, so I don't have to pack those separately.

Here is the finished family picture. All my gear in two cases. I can't wait until I get to suit up next. This will make travel so much easier and convenient.

I had in easy in that I own a Matty wand. I simply did what many people here have done, and used a PVC coupler to attach the loom cable to the wand. ( something like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-3- ... /202820293

The rubber base of the Matty wand handle makes for great friction, so the coupler stays in place yet comes off easily.

Hope that helps!
shootforit wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:
Great thread shootforit!

Do you have a model number for the camera cases you're using?
Rowan J. Zweig wrote:
I do not have a number for the case itself. The camera is a Hitachi C1. If you seach ebay for 'hitachi camera case' there is a listing for one that looks very similar to my cases. They want $55 shipped for it though, which I don't think is a good deal.
shootforit wrote:
Rowan J. Zweig wrote:
I do not have a number for the case itself. The camera is a Hitachi C1. If you seach ebay for 'hitachi camera case' there is a listing for one that looks very similar to my cases. They want $55 shipped for it though, which I don't think is a good deal.
I wouldn't jump on that for that price, anyway, but thanks for the info! I'm gonna hunt around the local camera shops to see if they have anything I can use, otherwise, I think I'm going to build myself some custom crates to move them around in, similar to how Matty shipped their stuff in "crates". Thanks again for the quick response!
    New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]