Main focus today was placing the bezel and bargraph.

ImageImage
Marked the outer edges of the bezel on the gunbody.

Then I marked the outer edges of the bargraph.

Used the vise to keep it steady and drilled four small holes with my Dremel.
Drilled the holes so that I wouldn't cut to much.

Used the Dremel once more, used these cut off plates

Worked like I wanted and it cut nicely into the resin

Used the Dremel again and removed a little more at the top, before I removed the rest of the resin with a wedge and a mallet.

Then some more Dremel work to remove what was left...
...but used the straight file to level it out and make sure it would fit, without the hole being to big

Final result:

Prepped the last pieces for the gun (sanded, primed and painted)

And attached the screws for the banjos on the gun.
Drilled with 3,2mm and then used a 4mm tread to make the screws attach without glueing them (will attach with epoxy later, but knowing that everything fits properly before I glueing makes it feel more durable).
ImageImage

Attached the instrument panel Image
Attached it by drilling the readymade holes and used 4mm screws. It sits really firmly, but I'll add some epoxy to keep it in place all the same:
Had to make a little more room for the spacer and nut on one of the screws.
Also opened up the hole for the tube

Remember to use protection when sanding, kids.
Now you know. And knowing is half the battle, heh heh :)
rayp_Stantz, EctoRalph liked this
Venkman's Swagger wrote:You're really getting through this now man, awesome. Are you going to recess the bezel a bit more so it doesn't stick out as much or are you happy as it is?
Glad you asked. Last night I was happy with it as it was, but your question made me go back and look at the reference photos some more, and I would've been annoyed with it if I left it like it was.

So I took care of it.
Marked the outer edges of the bezel

Then I used the flat file and carefully grinded it down so that the bezel would have a tight fit.
Took my time so that it would be to large. First I only removed the sides so that it rested on the inner edge of the hole in the resin, but that left it a little to high
So I removed all on the inside as well and now I can place it where I want it :)
Level:

Or more accurate, a little raised:

Also used a couple of hours fitting the back tube. A lot of Dremel and file work to make it fit accuratly

I won't epoxy it until I have the triggerbox in place. Must make sure that I can use the fire trigger before I place everything.

Have decided to not have a rotating barrel and extending tip on this build, so the front tube might be done during the weekend.

Happy weekend everyone :)
rayp_Stantz liked this
rayp_Stantz wrote:Amazed again!

Where do u get the bar - display ( sry if i overread it ) ? Is it a real world part or from any GB resource related site?

Greets
Thanks [emoji2]
That is the awesome bargraph and bezel (outer cover) by Ghostlabs (Spongeface). The bargraph is included in the GBFans proton gun lightkit and the bezel you can by directly from Spongeface in his sale tread here:
viewtopic.php?t=34891

I also invested in his wand tip LEDs to make the firing have more light action :)

Spongeface's electronics is really awesome!
rayp_Stantz wrote:Thanks for the info.
Cant wait to see.

I found bargraph displays on "..bay" btw but i have no idea how to control them ^^
Happy to help :)

I can do some soldering and some minor electronics but nowhere near the amazing things that Spongeface makes :)
There's some videos around showing his work
Tiny update: Banjos is primed, painted and ready :)

And both handles filed and sanded down
ImageImage

Used the straight file and 320 sandpaper

Done:

Also prepped the housing for painting tomorrow by adding some epoxy putty to the holes I drilled to close to the edges

That's it for tonight :)
Been a hectic day today so this is all I'll be able to do today:

Epoxyed the instrumentpanel to the main body of the gun

Gave some more parts a coat of paint

Epoxyed the first part to the front tube

To be continued...
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Hey dude, Any progress on this bad boy?
Funny you should ask, was planning on posting today.
Had a crazy, buzy week (starting last Sunday) but got some work done. Mostly painting, so a little short on the pictures though...

The guntrack is finished with Ejgunth's Spengler mounting plate attached, three layers of paint etc

Attached with screws and epoxyed. The screws for the plate and S-ring(?) can be removed if need be.

Might need a bigger S-hook(?) later as it was a little on the small side (but fitted good on my fellow Norwegian Ghostbusters' pack) Helped him out with some soldering today, so got to try it out.

The main gunbody is near complete:

Made the fake welds with epoxy putty as before. Made it a little chaotic like the Sony Lobby pack. Also filled in the grooves around the bezel with that stuff.

Barrels is also moving forward

It is level with the triggertip. Used this method to make sure:
Image (A little hard to hold and take the picture, but it is level when using both hands to measure.

My dad might have found some materials for the motherboard, so hoping to get that done by next week.
A little hard to tell which size they are on the picture he got from his nabour, he reckoned about 10mm (that is my max on motherboard size. I'll know more once he has measured them).
Good to see you make progress man. Things are really taking shape now. I agree that the S Hook is a little small but it's only a minor detail. Coming along well man
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Good to see you make progress man. Things are really taking shape now. I agree that the S Hook is a little small but it's only a minor detail. Coming along well man
Thanks. Luckily it's easy to remove, so I'll fix that, just won't rush it.
Still waiting for some parts from Nick-a-tron to complete it (and pack) but glad to be making some progress all the same :)
Got all clear and white lights attached:

For the one in the front I first checked the placement using the LED

Marked it and got it on there

Got the triggertip onto the tube:

It almost fit so I decided to ease it on and avoid any glue messing up the clear acrylic

Used soap, hammer and a plastic tube to get it on.
First I covered both parts with soap

Then gently using the hammer and the plastic tube I got the trigger tip to where I wanted it
Image (reinactment, as I didn't have time to take pictures while getting it on there).

The paint chipped a little to much so I gave it a quick coat of chrome spray

Wanted to attach and glue the clippard 701, but it had gotten a chip in it
Used some repair putty to mend it

Since I had the putty at hand I used it to finish the wing on the gearbox also

Last thing I did was drilling and placing the screw for the last knob

Hopefully more gunsmithing tomorrow.

Good night [emoji42]
Last edited by Morfeusoneiros on April 9th, 2016, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started to paint the last parts (in hand) for the thrower, but ran out of paint before I could add any additional coats. Image It was enough for the clippard 701, but the rest need a little more. Will try to get some more paint tomorrow.

Attached the 701 and the last knob.
The clamp wouldn't hold it, on account of no level surfaces on the opposite side, so I ended up using my thumbs.

Wand is coming along nicely :)

Crossing my fingers for went lights and trigger box showing up in my mail next week.
Finished the work on the acrylic tube by placing in it the part that goes into the front barrel.

Noticed that it almost fit (like the trigger tip) so I decided to use the same method:

Small difference though, I sanded the inside a little bit first to avoid it getting stuck before it was where I wanted it

Like yesterday I covered it with soap and gently tapped it into place (used the broad side of the hammer of course :) )

Won't have an extending barrel, so happy with this:

A little bit corrateral damage happened though...
...but this will be on the inside of the aluminium barrel. Left a little room for the round wandtip LED from Spongeface.

And speaking of that part I also had to make the whole for the wires bigger to get them into the housing. Used a 12mm drillbit and slowly grinded a little bigger hole (old one 10mm):

Had to carefully split the two wiresets to get them inside (and a little more to get them out)

But want to make somekind of a holder for it so I had to take it out again.

Finishing the day with some layers of paint on some gun parts.

[emoji317]
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Progress!! You're going to have a badass pack when it all comes together man.

Excited?
Venkman's Swagger wrote:[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Progress!! You're going to have a badass pack when it all comes together man.

Excited?
Oh, yes. Like a virgin on prom night! [emoji1] Can't wait to finish the thrower and pack now [emoji4]
Mostly painting today, but I finally finished the work on the shell (atleast until the final parts arrive).

Used the plans and made some quick measurements and marked the outline of the left box for the tubing from the injector tubes. Went with a piece of wood since I need to drill into it later

Placed it in the vice and used a saw to cut it out.

Attached it with epoxy and let it set for a couple of hours...

...before I covered it in epoxy putty which I can smooth out later and avoid it looking like wood

Also removed and smoothed the wing on the gearbox. First I use sandpaper before I used a workers knife to make it all level

Then I used 45 minutes carefully sanding down until it was smooth and level

Now all that's left on the shell is sanding down the two boxes on the synchronous generator and then it's ready for painting. Will let the putty set for atleast 48 hours first, but I'll use that time to finish the thrower. (Have a good feeling that the went light and trigger box is in my mail tomorrow :) )

[emoji42] [emoji317] This ends our broadcast day, good night [emoji317] [emoji42]
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Getting closer!

Good luck with the sanding...... I hate it lol
Me too. The worst part of building, ehh, well anything!

Closer still:

No triggerbox or went light arrived today so I decided to go ahead with the soldering of the trigger tip light.

It didn't go all the way through and I needed to add a little wiring to it

Carefully removed the heat shrink and cut loose the wire.

Added the extra lenght of wire and use a what I had at hand as a make-shift holder

Not as good-looking as Spongeface's soldering, but it'll do the job

Tested it, added heat shrink and the soldered it onto the trigger

Now I can get the LED right where I want it

Nice light in the resin hatlight

Attached the first aluminium tube to the wand. Epoxyed it in and held it level with a clamp.

Made sure to leave a little room, so that I could fit the ribbon cable going into the pack

And added the last fake welds on the thrower

Finished today with adding some shading to the bezel. Measured it to match the inside window of the bezel
Happy with how it ended up, now you don't see the unlit bars on the bargraph.

Thanks for looking [emoji4] [emoji317]
Looking good dude! I can't wait to see my bargraph with the bezel! Such a simple kit but so awesome.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Sweet work man!! Your fake welds look way better than mine did.
Thanks :) I can live with them, even though I feel they could've been better. They're the last on this build, can't say I'm sorry about that though :)
Just applied the first coating with black. If time permits it today I'll make the groove under the handle for the wires to the trigger tip and assemble as much as possible tomorrow. Delays at customs is probably why I haven't gotten the last parts yet...
Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Sweet work man!! Your fake welds look way better than mine did.
Thanks :) I can live with them, even though I feel they could've been better. They're the last on this build, can't say I'm sorry about that though :)
Just applied the first coating with black. If time permits it today I'll make the groove under the handle for the wires to the trigger tip and assemble as much as possible tomorrow. Delays at customs is probably why I haven't gotten the last parts yet...
Sounds like a plan mate. We always think things can be improved even if we are "happy" with them haha. I know all about customs delays. I have 3 packages sat in customs waiting to be processed. It's killing me haha

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]