By Rodimus
So back in the summer of 2015, Sacramento Ghostbusters truck started to become a huge money pit ( it already way but with age comes more problems) She was a might truck, took us down to Wondercon and back. But with her getting older and requiring more and more money to just keep her running, I decided it was time for retirement. With that in mind I decided that we need more of a wagon time vehicle. One that was going to be good on gas mileage and one that would get as many stares atour Ecto Truck ( seriously our truck was known around Sac Town). I had it down to three vehicles

1. Rav 4
2. Scion XB
3 Subaru Forester

In the end I got a good deal on a used 08 Scion Xb.

Space will be limited but I should be able to do a lot with the roof, lots of space for goodies up there. Probably be going with an all aluminum rack for light weight. In the mean time Ive been gathering parts:

My Prc-41 Vietnam area Radio

Two Mx7000 Light bars

My Sb-329/ ARs and 2x 13 inch long x 5 inch wide 2.5 inch high stereo aluminum heat sinks

An old security camera bubble I plan to turn into my Directional Antenna.

I know I have more pictures but I'm not on my phone at the moment.
Ecto-1 fan, wkbarkov liked this
By Rodimus
More parts:

The hand mic that belongs to the PRC-41, a H-33 Hand mic

Couple of Scott Air tanks, couldnt find actual WW2 oxygen tanks, people wanted crazy prices for em so Ive seen a few Ectos with these and they look fantastic. Also a Unity H1 Spotlight.

Plant to use one of these on my future roof rack. It's a federal signal model 851.

venkman30 wrote:Looks like your off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing more progress.
thank you sirs.
By Rodimus
Found this at a Surplus Electronics Store, its a security camera dome. I fgured it could become my directional antenna.Image

And heres what it looks like after I had a friend saw offthe backend.

By Rodimus
here some more in progress pictures of my roof rack

yes, ya eyes do not deceive you, it started out as a plastic shipping pallet. I found it on the side of the road. With some repairs she was ready for my vision. My whole theme and my mantra in life is taking shit or junk and turning it into shit. I then wrapped it in my old b usted bed frame that I chopped up.

The completed yellow takes that go on the roof rack.

My propello Ray and federal ray were custom made by JRSreplications at reasonable prices.

More In progress pictures

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]