Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By henz
AJ Quick wrote:I might be able to give pricing soon.

I've already got all these items ordered through our distributor... but unfortunately Sony won't let us release any details until May.
Does this mean the original guys are getting regular distribution too? I ask because I saw someone elsewhere claiming these rereleases with be Matty Collector exclusives.
By devilmanozzy
Well I went ahead and did a zoom/edit for the fab four...
I see that they will come with a buildable ghost. I am guessing Slimer with Peter getting a red base for him. Thoughts?

Also, Stay Puft is the same as the one noted in the 2016 version line it appears.
By gold333
devilmanozzy wrote:Well I went ahead and did a zoom/edit for the fab four...
I see that they will come with a buildable ghost. I am guessing Slimer with Peter getting a red base for him. Thoughts?

Also, Stay Puft is the same as the one noted in the 2016 version line it appears.
Those look so cool! When can we buy those?
By Jangonate
Getting pretty hard to wait for this stuff. My kids are dying for the pack and the trap and I want those figures. Heard May is the month and wonder if stockrooms will be getting this in this week. Going to be pricey!
By henz
I guess it would be too optimistic to hope Ray's head looks better this time around. Did Matty ever explain why RTBY Ray had a better head than the other releases?
By Jangonate
henz wrote:I guess it would be too optimistic to hope Ray's head looks better this time around. Did Matty ever explain why RTBY Ray had a better head than the other releases?
Probably. These are most likely the recently released removable pack Busters. Never picked them up and so don't know about the head.
By 910dohead
The new figures are starting to hit eBay and there's no surprise that the sellers are price gouging them. I can't imagine an Abby Yates figure selling for $40 retail? You can buy all 4 of them now for the low price of $200. Haha, no thanks! $20 is too much for those and I imagine they are going to be peg warmers.

One thing that I noticed is there are 2 versions of Stay Puft. One of which appears to be missing from the display case at Ghost Corps. The one that's packaged on the black backing with the 4 main guys seems to be Stay Puft without the balloon wrinkles. Then there's the parade balloon version on the green backing which utilizes the "light up" feature and has the wrinkles. Which is also being price gouged on eBay along with Mayhem and Rowan for the low price of $100. What a deal! :walterpeck:

My guess is that the new line will hit store shelves after the weekend is over and it's looking like the 4 'busters and Stay Puft just might be Matty Collector exclusives.
By henz
I sincerely hope the OG 'Busters are easy enough to get hold of. I just spent the evening doing this:

... cause lets face it, the Ray head will still suck.
Croker liked this
By Jangonate
It seems the New Busters figures are being found at Walmart and are hitting the East Coast, at least. On the verge of snagging a UPC photo to scan.

Also, I know the Ecto 1 and Ecto 2 pack from Hot Wheels has been mentioned, but they are also releasing a classice Ecto 1 and Ecto 1a 2 pack. Great news for anyone who missed the singles.
zeta otaku liked this
By Jangonate
I think the boxes are marked for May so if they're out it's because of an employee not paying attention. Should be everywhere by next week, I hope.

I'm stopping, too.
By Jangonate
Well...no dice in my area :walterpeck:

I'm wondering if I should visit later tonight when the pallets are put out. It'd be nice, too, if we had more information regarding release dates and what to expect. I'd like to have those classic busters, too.
By JoeLuna33
I picked up Erin and Holtzmann today at a Walmart in San Diego Ca. At the $20 price tag I say they are way over priced. The figures are well sculpted and painted but the proton packs are unpainted and have had some parts omitted, for ease of molding I'm sure. They ring up as "GB 6 Elite". I take it 6 is 6". To call them Elite is tough when they are seriously lacking in detail on the pack accessories. I would say wait till summer when they hit the clearance shelves. That's what I'm going to do with the other 2.
By Jangonate
JoeLuna33 wrote:I picked up Erin and Holtzmann today at a Walmart in San Diego Ca. At the $20 price tag I say they are way over priced. The figures are well sculpted and painted but the proton packs are unpainted and have had some parts omitted, for ease of molding I'm sure. They ring up as "GB 6 Elite". I take it 6 is 6". To call them Elite is tough when they are seriously lacking in detail on the pack accessories. I would say wait till summer when they hit the clearance shelves. That's what I'm going to do with the other 2.
I was worried about the packs. I mean, couldn't they ar least cast them in gray or something. No paint stinks, but I'll still pick them up same as I did with the imperfect DC Multiverse stuff from Mattel, too. Are you able to put up a UPC?
By DarkSpectre
I'm assuming no classic figures yet, Joe? That's what i'm after. I saw the pics on Facebook last night and I really can't believe that they're 20 a piece. No wonder Mattel lost the Disney license.

Also a review of the dress up pack. It's a projector. Anyone else have the RGB projector gun? It was like what your grandma got you for christmas instead of the Kenner Pack lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gb-4zOXfOI
By Jangonate
Always wanted the projector gun, but parents never picked it up. Cool that the pack is both. My kids are hoping I find it soon.

There's so much that hasn't been found. Haven't hit the street date yet. When we do, I hope we see the classic Busters, too. Even though I have the Diamond Select team in front of me.
By Jangonate
The Stay Puft from the Classic line in the bottom case of the above pic was found down the road from me. Anyone wanting a sign that the classic guys will be in stores may have just gotten one. Stay Puft is on eBay if you search 'ghostbusters 2016'.
By DarkSpectre
Jangonate wrote:Always wanted the projector gun, but parents never picked it up. Cool that the pack is both. My kids are hoping I find it soon.

There's so much that hasn't been found. Haven't hit the street date yet. When we do, I hope we see the classic Busters, too. Even though I have the Diamond Select team in front of me.
I can see some of the talented folks on here replacing the thrower. the pack itself isn't bad but the gun is just absurd.
By 910dohead
I see that Stay Puft on eBay and it does have the black packaging. He's got an angry face too. I went to one of my Wal-Mart's on my way home from work last night. I was able to take a photo from eBay of Rowan's barcode and came up $9.99 when scanned. I also had an employee check stock. They didn't have anything yet but they were putting out shipment. I am guessing the shipping boxes they come in say to not sell prior to May 1st. All of the Batman vs. Superman toys they had laying around to shelve said the same thing only a different date.

Also, did the Mattel boards really get archived in 2014??
By Kingpin
DarkSpectre wrote:I can see some of the talented folks on here replacing the thrower. the pack itself isn't bad but the gun is just absurd.
The sad result of a distortion concession so that it can accommodate the electronics and projection functionality. :(
By DarkSpectre
Kingpin wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:I can see some of the talented folks on here replacing the thrower. the pack itself isn't bad but the gun is just absurd.
The sad result of a distortion concession so that it can accommodate the electronics and projection functionality. :(
Well I'd think that lights and sound would've been more of a selling point. The pack doesn't seem to light up either. I can see a lot of these being gutted for electronics, well depending on price point
By slaysghosts
I officially do not understand Mattel.

No streams, no accessories, and a personal peeve: angry face stay puft.

WTF are the next generation of GB fans supposed to be excited over? (toy wise)
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]