Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Sinje
I usually microwave a mug of water for under 2 min and submerge the part just enough for the plastic to be a bit pliable since it's usually able to heat a piece uniformly. Have never had any problems over the years and really any amount of molecular change done to the plastic is relatively minuscule unless you're actually boiling the part with the water or maybe leaving in for an extended period of time.
By Doctor Venkman
I took a bunch of comparison pics for each of the guys (front and back) with the Mattel figures, so I'll post those tomorrow.

I didn't get any extra clips (but had no problem getting them from DST before). Also, in regards to the loose Venkman leg... I have been able to get replacements from DST for a broken trap (with Winston), and I have a replacement Venkman on the way for a damaged leg hose. So I've had nothing but positive experiences thus far with DST Customer Service.
By Sinje
Doctor Venkman wrote:I took a bunch of comparison pics for each of the guys (front and back) with the Mattel figures, so I'll post those tomorrow.

I didn't get any extra clips (but had no problem getting them from DST before). Also, in regards to the loose Venkman leg... I have been able to get replacements from DST for a broken trap (with Winston), and I have a replacement Venkman on the way for a damaged leg hose. So I've had nothing but positive experiences thus far with DST Customer Service.
Looking forward to those pics. Looks like the Mattel ones are gonna get a retail release with the reboot toys so might pick those up or the 2 packs off MattyCollector since for sure those come with the proton streams.
By mpulse24
I got my series 2 order delivered yesterday. So far, I am really happy with the Diamond Select line. The only issues I really have with them are that the neutrino wand doesn't hook onto the packs very well at all and also that the figures are tough to stand. But, I fixed the latter issue with some tac putty. I also loved the magnet idea earlier in this thread for the proton pack hooks, but I really don't want to modify the figures, personally. So, I ran out today and picked up some Velcro strips, cut a pair into little squares and have been using those as my hooks. They are holding really well so far! I also noticed on my Pete Venkman, that the hose going into the neutrino wand looks like its broken or breaking, but there is something in the hose itself, like a piece of thread or something that holds it all together, its just exposed, but on my other figures, its not.

I tried my best to get a good pic of the Velcro in that last pic, even brightened it up a ton, but its still tough to make out. But they are there and working very well.
By henz
I'm a little disappointed by the wave 2 pics to be honest. The detail is much sharper overall, but the likenesses aren't much of an improvement over the Matty figures. Going further, I think Winston and Egon look worse (the glasses urk me more and more), and Peter hasn't been nailed by either company.
By 910dohead
I just received wave 2 and there's no additional clips for the wave 1 proton streams. Am I missing something because I thought these figures had the extra clips with them?
By Doctor Venkman
910dohead wrote:I just received wave 2 and there's no additional clips for the wave 1 proton streams. Am I missing something because I thought these figures had the extra clips with them?
I honestly don't know where that rumor got started. Zach said "you can see the clips in Wave 2" and I think maybe people just took that and ran with it thinking he meant extra ones, but he was only talking about the fact that Wave 2 included the ones for the Wave 2 figures, and that you could see those. He was simply saying that we don't have to contact Customer Service for future clips for future waves after Wave 1. He pretty clearly always told people to contact DST Customer Service for the clips for Wave 1.
By 910dohead
If that's the case then their customer service sucks because i've contacted them via email (from their website) 3 times now and not received a single reply.
By ShiftyHenry
Doctor Venkman wrote:
910dohead wrote:I just received wave 2 and there's no additional clips for the wave 1 proton streams. Am I missing something because I thought these figures had the extra clips with them?
I honestly don't know where that rumor got started. Zach said "you can see the clips in Wave 2" and I think maybe people just took that and ran with it thinking he meant extra ones, but he was only talking about the fact that Wave 2 included the ones for the Wave 2 figures, and that you could see those. He was simply saying that we don't have to contact Customer Service for future clips for future waves after Wave 1. He pretty clearly always told people to contact DST Customer Service for the clips for Wave 1.
Sorry, but it wasn't a rumor. It was from Zach himself over at thefwoosh forum:

"Series 2 figures will come with extra proton clips for Series 1 figures.

And I have seen people arrange the Series 1 parts together to make a mini-rooftop."

It's on page 29. Maybe he was referring to the TRU versions?
By 910dohead
I also read that on the fwoosh forums, plus it was mentioned here so I stopped contacting their CS after the fact. Zach contacted me and I believe he's going to look into it for me.
By 910dohead
Zach got in touch with me and was able to resolve my issue with the clips. Something must have happened on either end to where communication just didn't connect. I retract my statement about the poor customer service remark. Zach handled my issue properly, prompt and professionally which he didn't need to do on a public forum. Going way above and beyond in my opinion and I greatly appreciate and thank him for that.
By DSTZach
I'm sorry the initial e-mail was missed, and that subsequent ones did not get through. We've had a couple of changes in CS reps in the past year, and I have filled in as needed, but as e-mails were re-routed to new accounts, it's possible yours got missed. All apologies, and to anyone with a similar issue.
darthsmozers wrote:My Peter's right leg is very loose from the knee down. What a pain. I emailed Diamond Select to inquire about a replacement, as I don't think my local comic shop has any more. Has anyone ever asked Diamond for a replacement based on loose joints, and if so, how did it work out?
I'm having the same issue with mine. It's so strange because the other three ghostbusters' joints are totally fine. I was going to try to find another one to replace it, but not if this is an issue with every Venkman figure.
By 910dohead
This is the result of taking the new Zuul figure, popping off her head, taking NECA's Ripley from Aliens, popping her head off and switching them.

Same skin tone, same ball joint (though a little loose) and just a little hot water.
Croker liked this
By spydir
DSTZach wrote:I'm sorry the initial e-mail was missed, and that subsequent ones did not get through. We've had a couple of changes in CS reps in the past year, and I have filled in as needed, but as e-mails were re-routed to new accounts, it's possible yours got missed. All apologies, and to anyone with a similar issue.
Is there a way we can check on the status of our emails or replacement parts that were promised?
By DSTZach
If it's been more than a week, you can send a follow-up. If you were told that something was going out, give it some time to get there. If you're not in the US, allow more time.
spydir liked this

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]