Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Alphagaia
DarkSpectre wrote:I like Janosz. He's a great character, but he wasn't written to appeal to women and so Paul Feig can fly his "women are superior to men, because I'm afraid of men" banner. Plus given Kevin's role in the proceedings it seems like hes more than a side character, wouldn't you say?
By GBfan77
DarkSpectre wrote:We all did, man. We'll maybe not some reboot fans, but most of us did too lol
EVERYBODY loved Janine, that includes reboot fans. You don't suddenly stop being a fan just because a reboot get's released.
DarkSpectre wrote:I like Janosz. He's a great character, but he wasn't written to appeal to women and so Paul Feig can fly his "women are superior to men, because I'm afraid of men" banner.
I don't see anything that tells me Feig thinks that or imply that in his films. It's funny how nobody gave a crap about women in lead roles until the reboot came out, now it's a big deal.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By montclaire
DarkSpectre wrote: Paul Feig can fly his "women are superior to men" banner.
Yeah, today's clip sealed it for me, I won't be seeing this movie. It's not written to entertain, it's written to belittle and divide. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid, and I'm not spending the $7 to be preached at.
By Jangonate
I am not drinking the Koolaid, either!

But I am seeing the film because I've laughed at what I see. Also, I've laughed at men being big dumb animals in other films, male dominated films, and still not felt preached to. The good looking, but dumb puppy dog character has been around forever and both male and female (dumb blonde...which he is, too).

If the movie doesn't appeal to you...cool beans. But I haven't seen anything preachy and I get paid to preach for a living. I should know.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By d_osborn
Jangonate wrote:I am not drinking the Koolaid, either!
No Kool-Aid here, either. I try to shy away from processed sugars. Except a brownie. I can't say no to a good brownie. I might even sneak a brownie into the theater on 7/15!
Troy liked this
By EJLambert
d_osborn wrote:
Jangonate wrote:I am not drinking the Koolaid, either!
No Kool-Aid here, either. I try to shy away from processed sugars. Except a brownie. I can't say no to a good brownie. I might even sneak a brownie into the theater on 7/15!
Depending on the kind of 'brownie' you have, you'll enjoy the movie that much more! :love:
By EJLambert
DarkSpectre wrote:You guys done? Can we get back on topic? I swear you pro booters are reaching Cassidy levels.
Right. Let's go back to discussing Star Trek movies. :sigh:
By featofstrength
I...I can't do this anymore...

*sigh*

Hey, I read that Ernie Hudson has a part in the Twin Peaks sequel. Good for him! David Duchovny is back as well... wonder if we'll get any timely bathroom jokes.
By YHSCraig
There are definitely some moments in the trailer that were not funny but to me, the Chris Hemsworth segment was great. I literally laughed really hard a few times, and I don't even love Hemsworth. In fact, I think his SNL episodes are garbage. But I really loved what I saw here. I think the dynamic of him being really dumb but good looking is hilarious and the way that Wiig looks past it because she thinks he's hot plays off great with the way McCarthy is calling him out for being a dummy.

I have seen a lot of people today being hard again on Feig for casting Hemsworth as the dumb guy while the girls get to be Ghostbusters. Why is that bad? Like why does anybody have a fundamental problem with that?

I get that Janine was smart, that's great. Why does this secretary have to be the same character type. More than anything, the people who are hating on the movie can't be swayed so it's a pointless argument but everyone I talked to today thought the Hemsworth stuff was super funny.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By d_osborn
Alphagaia wrote:...

CraigTHEOWL1 wrote: I have seen a lot of people today being hard again on Feig for casting Hemsworth as the dumb guy while the girls get to be Ghostbusters. Why is that bad? Like why does anybody have a fundamental problem with that?
Yeah, I really don't get it.
featofstrength wrote: Hey, I read that Ernie Hudson has a part in the Twin Peaks sequel. Good for him! David Duchovny is back as well...
AWESOME! On both accounts. I love Twin Peaks. Fingers crossed. Oh, Sherilyn Fenn. My heart goes pitter patter.

Of course, if the trailer doesn't appeal to me, I won't be taking to the Twin Peaks message boards to complain about it.
featofstrength wrote: ...wonder if we'll get any timely bathroom jokes.
Yeah, because Aykroyd/Ramis/Reitman would have never considered such a thing for GB.

WhoaFoogles liked this
By WhoaFoogles
I didn't care much for the jokes in the trailer, but I thought most of the Kevin bits were funny. :whatever:

When the hell are they going to release a full version of that new theme remix?

If we're shifting to talking about the Star Trek reboot, then let's talk about how the Ghostbusters reboot can't possibly be a worse film than Into Darkness.
Edit: totally didn't realize another thread actually got derailed with Star Trek talk.
By savintheday
Well, the humor in that video wasn't as cringe worthy as the trailers, but still not that funny. The delivery in this movie comes off as too self-aware and feels processed. I don't hate Kevin but he's too much like a caricature and not very believable. Looking more like a live action cartoon.
By Alphagaia
I always found Tully (and Janine and Janosh in GB2) to be caricatures as well. Even the naysayers seem to agree he is the best character in the movie, so I'm excited to see how this bumbling bafoon will turn out.
This Post Contains Spoilers
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Travis Burrell
DarkSpectre wrote:Ernie is a great actor. Very underrated, which is a shame.

This is so true man. I LOVED him in The Crow. He was also a great cop in the Heroes Series.
By Travis Burrell
WhoaFoogles wrote:
When the hell are they going to release a full version of that new theme remix?
Second this!!!! WHEN!?

Also, I LOVED JANOSZ. Favorite character of all of them.
By Kingpin
There was one snippet in the article where McCarthy raised here worries over the trailer, with the indication that here concerns ended up basically being ignored.

That feels really rather messed up.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]