Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Travis Burrell
DarkSpectre wrote:Wonder how long it'll take someone to photoshop the guys in the background blasting them?

This was just a quick thing I created as a joke.
By Raystantz Italy
Holy Mother of Jeebuz!!!!! A lot of cinematic Gb goodies! "Another live action movie that is coming along very well" ? Could it be the multiverse movie?
SpaceBallz liked this
By pyhasanon
Following that, however, it does mention that the success of the reboot is critical... so, there's that...

On a side note, Aykroyd mentions Hellbent (the original GB3), is under consideration again... Take that as you will, we all know how Dan can tend to be...
By mrmichaelt
pyhasanon wrote:From Ivan Reitman in the Empire Magazine article...
Can't wait to get a copy of the issue!

A TV show with a premise that sounds like the current IDW comic. Fascinating.

Interesting, first time that Pearce one was described as futuristic and involving different teams of Ghostbusters.
By DarkSpectre
I see it like this. Obviously the desire for the original characters and timeline is there, And If we can get a nearly 75 year old Han Solo that works and we're getting an Indy 5 that will star a nearly 80 year old Harrison Ford in the lead not to mention the Expendable films, I'm pretty sure the public would totally buy into a Hellbent movie. If Murray doesn't want to do it, fine. People will totally go crazy for Ray and Winston working with a new crew. But I really don't care for the light threat of "support the reboot or nothing else will happen" Because you're more or less trying to force people to see a movie they don't want to on the vague promise of returning to the original world.
By Kingpin
DarkSpectre wrote:I see it like this. Obviously the desire for the original characters and timeline is there, And If we can get a nearly 75 year old Han Solo that works and we're getting an Indy 5 that will star a nearly 80 year old Harrison Ford in the lead not to mention the Expendable films, I'm pretty sure the public would totally buy into a Hellbent movie.
Murray and Hudson I can see being reasonably able to strap on the suits and Proton Packs again. I think with Dan and Harold however, it would've been much more difficult. Ford's kept himself in reasonable shape in the years since Return of the Jedi and The Last Crusade, the primary Ghostbusters actors aren't as trim in comparison.
DarkSpectre wrote:But I really don't care for the light threat of "support the reboot or nothing else will happen"
It may seem like a threat, but the reboot is the tester for whether Sony decides to pour more money into the franchise or not.

It's not the desirable tester for a potential franchise expansion, but it'll probably be the only one we'll get. :( I don't like it either.
By Raystantz Italy
Aren't the pack belts adjustable? :) When Aykroyd came in Italy to promote his vodka he weared one of our packs. I think the guy who owns it has put the pack in ibernation in the fear anyone else would touch it :)
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
Kingpin wrote:Murray and Hudson I can being reasonably able to strap on the suits and Proton Packs again. I think with Dan and Harold however, it would've been much more difficult. Ford's kept himself in reasonable shape in the years since Return of the Jedi and The Last Crusade, the primary Ghostbusters actors aren't as trim in comparison.
Hey, if Disney can get Mark Hamill to drop some weight for Star Wars, I'm sure Sony could do the same for Dan. I'm sure Dan would put in an effort to lose a few if his GB were a lock.
By JurorNo.2
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Murray and Hudson I can being reasonably able to strap on the suits and Proton Packs again. I think with Dan and Harold however, it would've been much more difficult. Ford's kept himself in reasonable shape in the years since Return of the Jedi and The Last Crusade, the primary Ghostbusters actors aren't as trim in comparison.
Hey, if Disney can get Mark Hamill to drop some weight for Star Wars, I'm sure Sony could do the same for Dan. I'm sure Dan would put in an effort to lose a few if his GB were a lock.
It was a joke in both films that the Ghostbusters weren't exactly gym rats. That was part of the charm, they're regular guys. Why would that have changed for these characters years into the future?

Heck, it really shouldn't matter how Luke looks in Star Wars. He should be an expert at moving things with the Force by now!

The only reason Hollywood asks actors to drop weight is because audiences don't realize how much time has past, and because critics are notoriously catty about such things. It has nothing to do with movie accuracy.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on April 29th, 2016, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mrmichaelt
Eh, not fazed by the 'watch the movie' comment. Typical Hollywood stuff.
Hudson just did strap in for that Cryptozoic video.
By Demon Vice Commander
mrmichaelt wrote:Hudson just did strap in for that Cryptozoic video.
The pack Ernie was wearing was pretty bad - it didn't even have the trigger tip assembly on the thrower. I'm not sure why he didn't bring his own fan-made pack, or used his GB2 semi-hero pack that Sony still has.

It was still nice to see him back in action.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Kingpin
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Hudson just did strap in for that Cryptozoic video.
The pack Ernie was wearing was pretty bad - it didn't even have the trigger tip assembly on the thrower.
Maybe cut the Pack he was wearing a little slack, it may've fallen off or was yet to be installed by the person who owned/built it.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I'm not sure why he didn't bring his own fan-made pack, or used his GB2 semi-hero pack that Sony still has.
Were I Ernie, I wouldn't risk transporting a really nice looking Pack that was lovingly built and presented by fans. While I have no doubt Sean and co built it so that it had plenty of strength to it, it was still largely intended as a display piece.

It was still nice to see him back in action.[/quote]
By 910dohead
Kingpin wrote:
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
The pack Ernie was wearing was pretty bad - it didn't even have the trigger tip assembly on the thrower.
Maybe cut the Pack he was wearing a little slack, it may've fallen off or was yet to be installed by the person who owned/built it.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:I'm not sure why he didn't bring his own fan-made pack, or used his GB2 semi-hero pack that Sony still has.
Were I Ernie, I wouldn't risk transporting a really nice looking Pack that was lovingly built and presented by fans. While I have no doubt Sean and co built it so that it had plenty of strength to it, it was still largely intended as a display piece.

It was still nice to see him back in action.
The packs used in the video were supplied from our group. Ernie had 4 different packs to choose from for filming. One being a GB1 super hero (which is very heavy), 2 GB2 semi-hero's and 1 vacuum formed pack. He requested to use the lightest pack and was outfitted with one of the semi hero's. Sometime during the shoot, Ernie got a little too excited and ended up breaking the semi hero thrower right in half (it was a beautiful vintage Throwing Chicken kit too). It was a pack that was built last minute and finished the night before. For the rest of the shoot Ernie ended up using the vacuum formed pack.

My guess was that the Sony packs were off limits or that Cryptozoic never asked to use them? It was very last minute and Ernie had everything supplied to him by either us or Cryptozoic. We supplied the gear and they outfitted him with the flightsuit (his Zeddemore patch is a printed piece of paper).
By 910dohead
No need for apologies as nobody was offended. Was just chiming in with a little more info about the packs and what went on for the shoot.

I should mention that I wasn't there for the shoot (but my pack was). Half of our team was in Las Vegas including myself. I'm just relaying some general info I know in regards to the production.
By Kingpin
910dohead wrote:We supplied the gear and they outfitted him with the flightsuit (his Zeddemore patch is a printed piece of paper).
Movie magic. :) Something seemed "off", but I thought it was just that the patch wasn't sewn to the suit.

Great to hear he was enthusiastic (even a little over-enthusiastic, given the Proton Gun), it's always good to see an actor enthusiastic for it than showing a lack of enthusiasm, and his love for Ghostbusters still shines through even now. :)
910dohead liked this
By pferreira1983
DarkSpectre wrote:You know they're out there. Curious to see what Dan's article is about though. Though not enough to pick up the issue (Empire is a pretty pricey mag)
I stay away from Empire Magazine. They basically say about movies whatever everyone else thinks. They're the Hello Magazine of the film world.
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:Actually, it's called Gremlins 2.
Gremlins 2 was terrific. I liked it better than the first one and thought it was a stronger movie.
By mrmichaelt
Got my copy today and some new things (at least I think they are - it's muddled at this point)

GHOST SMASHERS

In the "The Ghost Writer" retrospective article written by Mr. Akyroyd, he did mention a few things - some new, some reiterated

*Dan Aykroyd mentioned reading about quantum physics and parapsychology before as an inspiration for the first movie, but confirmed he read it in 1979 after he left SNL. (we know he started writing in late 1981)

*He wrote Ghost Smashers for Eddie Murphy, himself, Belushi, and Murray. (This had me more confused -- who was he intending Murray to be if Eddie was Ramsey, Belushi was Peter, Aykroyd was Ray. There must have been another character cause I don't think he was writing Murray for Egon...)

*The tone was darker and Slimer was not so cute.

*One of the concepts he had was for the Ghostbusters to have an inter-dimensional interceptor, so they could go back and forth between dimensions. He hints it's an idea currently in a working draft.

HELLBENT

For the main villain (Luke Sifler), Dan wanted Alec Baldwin to play him.

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016

*Started writing in October 2014. Dippold kept Halloween decorations up in her house until December to enhance the mood.

*The Norwood builing housed the NY subway tunnel, interior of Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food, and the Mercado Hotel

*Ecto-1 is a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse

*There's six effects houses working on the movie

*The Sony Pictures Imageworks and MPC effects houses got to work on Slimer

*They added random bits of hair in random places, like he's an old person, and added a bunch of goopy slime to him, just pouring off his arms

*A fully articulated Slimer was built and operated by Ghostbusters veteran Rick Lazzarini

*There's about 1600 visual effects shots
By d_osborn
Thanks for posting the breakdown! Interesting about Alec Baldwin.
mrmichaelt wrote: *He wrote Ghost Smashers for Eddie Murphy, himself, Belushi, and Murray. (This had me more confused -- who was he intending Murray to be if Eddie was Ramsey, Belushi was Peter, Aykroyd was Ray. There must have been another character cause I don't think he was writing Murray for Egon...)
It seems like I read that he started writing with Murray in mind after Belushi passed away. The script wasn't finished at that point.
mrmichaelt wrote:*One of the concepts he had was for the Ghostbusters to have an inter-dimensional interceptor, so they could go back and forth between dimensions. He hints it's an idea currently in a working draft.
Is this for HELLBENT? It was under SMASHERS. It's interesting if he's still working on HELLBENT, as that's not the first time he's mentioned still wanting to do it. I always assumed he shelved the idea. I'm curious how many drafts of HELLBENT he's written! He mentioned on Stern having written, what... 9 drafts total for GB3? I'm guessing that included multiple passes of the Eisenberg/Stupnitsky and Cohen versions.
By mrmichaelt
Yeah, inter-dimensional interceptor was in Ghost Smashers. But he hinted at reusing the idea in a 'working script' that might get made, which I assume was one of the GB3 drafts. But it also could be the unannounced live action movie Reitman hinted at.
By d_osborn
mrmichaelt wrote:Yeah, inter-dimensional interceptor was in Ghost Smashers. But he hinted at reusing the idea in a 'working script' that might get made, which I assume was one of the GB3 drafts. But it also could be the unannounced live action movie Reitman hinted at.
Cool! I don't see it happening, but holy hell an animated Ghost Smashers movie would be awesome.
mrmichaelt liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]