Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Egon's Pompadour wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:I present with no comment. Seriously. Take this "report" as you will

http://manslife.com/25752/ghostbusters- ... ions-leak/

Also for context, they loved the trailer on that site.

http://manslife.com/21908/ghostbusters- ... r-trailer/
Leslie Jones yells all of her lines? I never would've guessed that, given every single character she's played on SNL.
This part actually contradicts what I've heard from two others that have seen test screenings. One, who liked the movie, said what we see in the trailers of her is the majority of her yelling lines.

Both said Kevin was the highlight. Both said marketing is terrible and doesn't accurately convey the tone and humor of the film. And I think one of them wasn't pleased with the film. Can't remember.

Doesn't mean the above article is false. Could be, as has been mentioned before, that there are multiple cuts with different jokes and takes of jokes. Some are received bad and some received better. All part of Feig's tweaking process. We'll know in July.

Screen test viewers mentioned are on Superherohype forums.
gdonovan wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:Civil War.....
Maybe I'm all "Marvel universed out" at the moment but in no particular hurry to see Civil War.

The buzz however has been very, very good.
I was getting a little anxious until they finally started advertising Spidey. I am thrilled about the new costume. It's simple, old school, and the banter. It looks like they got Spidey's banter just right with the last trailer. You have a metal arm? Lets cross our fingers they don't ruin Spidey's debut with an overflow of villains in the movie coming out next year! Now if they are doing a gb2016 sequel they need to hire the right people or Spidey's going to take the top spot again
I kinda dig Slimer being
This Post Contains Spoilers
Egon's Pompadour wrote:Leslie Jones yells all of her lines? I never would've guessed that, given every single character she's played on SNL.
I think we should take that account with a pinch of salt, as the trailer proves she isn't yelling during all her lines (such as the scene of her at the restaurant before unveiling the Cadillac).
Raystantz Italy wrote:http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Could- ... 27597.html

This ease my fears a little bit. If Feig is really open to this I have hope.
In the movie there are portals being open so...who knows?
If they have been able to keep any details under wraps about another team and casting, I could see a post credits scene showing some equipment alarming due to the portal opening, then when you think it's the Feigbusters, the screen zooms out to reveal a different team. Nice little teaser for another film.
pferreira1983 liked this
DarkSpectre wrote:I present with no comment. Seriously. Take this "report" as you will

Also for context, they loved the trailer on that site.

http://manslife.com/21908/ghostbusters- ... r-trailer/
Oh lawd...if people didn't think that this movie was an "in-your-face gender thing" before, it sure in hell is pretty clear now with that line of dialogue.
If this line:

Plus it really mishandles the feminine message. At one point Leslie Jones’ character who no kidding shouts every single line in the movie, tells a little girl “Don’t let anybody ever tell you what kind of bitch you are! Honey you be the bitch you want to be!”

Is in the movie, then that's pretty lame. What a crappy message for little girls.
pferreira1983 liked this
If the line is in the movie...that bitch line Leslie saying to the little girl, I really hope they omit that from the movie. Im no saint when it comes to swearing but if your going to market this to a large audiance of kids it doesn't need to be in the movie. Some language is alright but it doesn't need to be that vulgar.
SpaceBallz liked this
:whatever: I'm an 80s kid. I miss the days when family movies had a bit of an edge to them. The MPAA is no friend to film.

I get what the line means, don't let anyone try and stifle you. I'm not going to be distracted by a naughty word. Censoring a child's viewing only makes them want to rebel more. My parents let me watch Coming to America when I was 5, but I certainly knew not to quote the barber scenes in school, lol. Kids are capable of common sense.

If kids can handle a movie that has dickless and blow job jokes, they can certainly handle bitches, lol.

That is assuming the line is even in the movie in the first place!
HauntedWallflower liked this
I find it disrespectful. I know kids can handle it hell I probably said worse on the school bus back in the 80's. Transformers had the f bomb but he wasn't swearing at a kid. When it comes to kids under the age of 5 like my niece and nephew they shouldn't be having that kind of stuff thrown at them yet.
timeware wrote:I find it disrespectful. I know kids can handle it hell I probably said worse on the school bus back in the 80's. Transformers had the f bomb but he wasn't swearing at a kid. When it comes to kids under the age of 5 like my niece and nephew they shouldn't be having that kind of stuff thrown at them yet.
Kids look to adults for how to react. And in my experience, if kids see that adults are shocked by naughty words, they are more likely to want to repeat them. Kids are always testing their limits, they enjoy freaking out Mom and Dad. If the parents don't freak out, the naughty word very often loses its power. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. :)

And it's not that she's swearing at a kid. She's not insulting the kid. She's telling the kid not to let anyone put her down. Again, assuming the line is even real!

And again, the original Ghostbusters isn't exactly Mary Poppins. We're just used to it now. Or we grew up with the sanitized TV version, I know I did.

Anyway, kids in this world have oppression, cruelty, and starvation thrown at them every day. That's more urgent than bad words.
JurorNo.2 wrote:::shrugs:: I'm an 80s kid. I miss the days when family movies had a bit of an edge to them. The MPAA is no friend to film.

I get what the line means, don't let anyone try and stifle you. I'm not going to be distracted by a naughty word. Censoring a child's viewing only makes them want to rebel more. My parents let me watch Coming to America when I was 5, but I certainly knew not to quote the barber scenes in school, lol. Kids are capable of common sense.

If kids can handle a movie that has dickless and blow job jokes, they can certainly handle bitches, lol.

That is assuming the line is even in the movie in the first place!
I'm not shocked by the word bitch. I've been swearing like a sailor since 2nd grade and I'm not all that proud about it, but that's besides the point. Obviously movies for kids and adults are going to have swearing. THe original ghostbusters, tmnt, and batman all had swearing. We grew up in the age when movies like back to the future, the goonies, and what ever else kind of blurred the line because everyone knows kids swear, they just usually try to hide it from adults. My problem is that if its real, it's a crappy message for woman empowerment. I wouldn't tell my daughter "just be whatever bitch you want to be". I'd think you'd want to teach a young girl to have some self respect.
weepel wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:My problem is that if its real, it's a crappy message for woman empowerment. I wouldn't tell my daughter "just be whatever bitch you want to be". I'd think you'd want to teach a young girl to have some self respect.
Well I mean I feel silly defending a line that may not even be real, but it's not saying "be a bitch." It's sounds more like one of those "take back the word" kind of sentiments. Like that "We're Here, We're Queer" slogan.
Kingpin liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:Feig just mentioned Sony`s trying to connect the originals to the reboot with a multiverse idea!!! :)
Terrible idea! In no way, shape or form should this movie be tied to the originals more than it already is. I might be one of the few fans who are glad this is allegedly set in another universe. When it bombs, Sony needs to distance it from the property as far as possible like a bad dream that never actually happened. Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.

That's just one screening. There may have been others with a different audience reaction.

Personally, even if the critics slam this movie I'm going to see this at the cinema. Even if I lose my 3D Glasses, I'll still happily pay extra and go to the 3D showing. From the trailers released so far, there has been a sense of respect for the franchise IMO and I'm glad they've kept the logo, theme, uniforms, Ecto-1, Slimer etc... the same - just modernised and with slightly different looks. The Ecto-1 may be a different car but it still has the same basic look.
Egon's Pompadour wrote: When it bombs, Sony needs to distance it from the property as far as possible like a bad dream that never actually happened. Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.
Are you from the future!?
EJLambert wrote:
Egon's Pompadour wrote: When it bombs, Sony needs to distance it from the property as far as possible like a bad dream that never actually happened. Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.
Are you from the future!?
Nah, he's from a parallel universe. :D
Egon's Pompadour wrote:Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I think the franchise is resilient enough to weather the reboot, success or fail. Regardless of whether it's a success or not, there'll still be (for the moment anyway) the on-going monthly comic by IDW, and there'll continue to be some representation of the Ghostbusters franchise, even if it's just the fans carrying the banner again, as we often had to in the years between 1993 and the 2010s.
WhoaFoogles liked this
Egon's Pompadour wrote: Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.
You mean the unprecedented amount of coverage and attention the Ghostbusters property has had in the past few months? The most amount of classic-themed merchandise we've seen in over 20 years? What a travesty.
zeta otaku, timeware, Alphagaia and 2 others liked this
WhoaFoogles wrote:
Egon's Pompadour wrote: Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.
You mean the unprecedented amount of coverage and attention the Ghostbusters property has had in the past few months? The most amount of classic-themed merchandise we've seen in over 20 years? What a travesty.
And all it took was one crappy-looking movie being made.

Thank god.
pferreira1983 liked this
Kingpin wrote:
Egon's Pompadour wrote:Maybe then they can begin to repair the damage to the Ghostbusters legacy this movie will have.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

I think the franchise is resilient enough to weather the reboot, success or fail. Regardless of whether it's a success or not, there'll still be (for the moment anyway) the on-going monthly comic by IDW, and there'll continue to be some representation of the Ghostbusters franchise, even if it's just the fans carrying the banner again, as we often had to in the years between 1993 and the 2010s.
It's obvious this film will be a success anyway. Ghostbusters is a name and the casual audience do not care that it's an all-female cast.
Slimered wrote:It's obvious this film will be a success anyway. Ghostbusters is a name and the casual audience do not care that it's an all-female cast.
Rational people don't care that it's an all-female cast.

People who do care should be openly mocked and then ignored.

This movie seems to have other, bigger problems.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]