Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By gold333
All I want out of this is that giant GB'84 logo and an affordable winston figure.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Like the new movie, I can safely say (with much pleasure) that Mattel will not be getting any of my money from the new and greatly disappointing line of figures and props.
By 910dohead
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Any UPC's yet?
Jillian Holtzman - 887961344394
Erin Gilbert - 887961344363
Abby Yates - 887961344356
Patty Tolan - 887961344370
Rowan - 887961343960
Stay Puft (Green Carded) - 887961343977
Stay Puft (Black Carded) - 887961343984
Mayhem - 887961343991
Ecto Mini's (Yates) - 887961343588
Ecto Mini's (Gilbert) - ???
Ecto Mini's (Tolan) - ???
Ecto Mini's (Holtzman) - 887961343595
Ecto Mini's Ecto-1 - ???
Proton Pack - ???
Hot Wheels '84 Ecto-1/'89 Ecto-1A - 887961368406
Hot Wheels '16 Ecto-1/Ecto-2 - 887961346510

No sign of the classic characters yet or any of the other merchandise not listed above. If anyone can fill in the missing UPC's would be great.
By YHSCraig
Thanks! Talked with the stock guy at Target today. They are in-house and going up tomorrow!

Also, according to Action Figure Insider, the original Ghostbusters and Stay Puft will be Wal-Mart exclsuives
By DarkSpectre
I went out this morning to find the ecto 2 pack and nothing had been set. There wasn't even a section empty at Walmart. But I'm not in any hurry. Pretty sure that at 20 bucks a figure, there won't be a rush.
By B-Rad
yea it seemed I was the first to even touch the section since it was put out. There was nothing at walmart or target when I checked. Still looking out for the ecto 1 and 2 original movies hotwheels 2 pack. Even what toys r us had wasn't a whole lot, they had 1 of each of the ladies except abbey and patty.
By 910dohead
I went to 12 stores (6 Wal-Mart's, 4 Targets, Toys R Us and K-Mart) and not a single one had them out for purchase. The guy at Toys R Us gave me a snooty response saying they didn't come out until the 3rd (the date they are apparently supposed to put up the planogram). He tried telling me new toys didn't come out except Tuesdays while he was ushering a line of people there to buy the new Shopkins that also came out today. Really? Idiot. I ended up buying the 4 girls, the 3 ghosts and the new Hot Wheels 2 pk. I found the Proton Pack, the mini's, the mini's Ecto-1 and that's it. I couldn't find a single classic figure and everyone at Wal-Mart had thumbs up their ass (no help at all). The only reason I found them was I made an employee dig for them in the back.
By below_radar_00
petesapie wrote:most are on the target website but states you can only purchase in store and not buy online.
The Target website isn't right. I checked this morning and everything was listed but all the items said not sold in stores or online only except for the new Ecto 1. It said there were five on those at my local store. Went there and they had the pack (which specifically said online only), the Ecto 1, Rowan, Mayhem, and Stay Puft. Then went to Walmart and they had the four girls. One of each and a duplicate of Abby and Erin. I'm contemplating whether or not I should ride over to TRU to see what they have. I haven't spotted the minis, the trap, or the Hot Wheels.
By 910dohead
The figure assortment for the girls are 6 to a case with Yates and Holtzmann coming 2 per box. So if you see Gilbert or Tolan grab them because they will be the harder to find once these starts going. Also, with the $10 baddies, 4 come to a case with Stay Puft being 2 per case.
By YHSCraig
This is all very exciting. I also want to about 10 total stores today. No luck with any Wal-Mart's but did find the ecto mini with Slimer at Target along with a proton pack.

Toys r us was my best score and I was able to pick up the 4 busters, Rowan, mayhem, stay puft, ecto 1/2 got wheels set and all of the squishy ghosts (Slimer and an orange guy and a blue guy. Will post pics when I get home!
By petesapie
i found several of the hotwheels classic ghostbusters ecto 2 pack today at walmart. toys r us had almost everything but that and the ecto minis.
By pyhasanon
And didn't quite a few people say that these weren't going to sell... Where they at now?
By below_radar_00
Awesome haul today!

Found Rowan, Stay Puft, Mayhem, proton pack, Ecto 1, and a no ghost plush that plays the song when you push it at Target.

Found the four ladies at Walmart.

Went to Toysrus and they had 3 of the girls, two packs, two Ecto 1s. Went to another Target, nothing. Went to another Walmart, nothing.

I've yet to see any minis or Hot Wheels and it sounds like no one has seen the trap or the guys.

By pyhasanon
DarkSpectre wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:And didn't quite a few people say that these weren't going to sell... Where they at now?
The people buying them are ghostbuster fans, Phil. Like the type that populate this site. Get a clue.
Aaaaannnd your reply shows you didn't read what I said correctly... There were people on THIS SITE that were saying these would never sell, but they are, and they're emptying shelves faster than all the Batman and TMNT stuff...
By below_radar_00
pyhasanon wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:
The people buying them are ghostbuster fans, Phil. Like the type that populate this site. Get a clue.
Aaaaannnd your reply shows you didn't read what I said correctly... There were people on THIS SITE that were saying these would never sell, but they are, and they're emptying shelves faster than all the Batman and TMNT stuff...
To be fair, I don't think many places are getting a lot of stock either. My local TRU said they got one box of the ladies (six figures total), one box of Ectos (I'm assuming they come two to a box) and one box of packs (I'm assuming they come two to a box). Everything was still sitting there when I got there at almost closing time with the exception of two of the ladies. Target was a similar story but I pretty much bought them out. Two of the stores I went to didn't get any shipments in or the stuff was still in the back.

BUT, I get your point. Not trying to argue with you or anything. Just wanted to toss in what I've observed after hitting several stores.

Also, I just looked at eBay and the prices there are double or triple what I paid for some items and people are buying them. Scarcity and the ability to not buy this stuff on Target, Walmart, and TRU sites is driving the prices up. I just hope I can find the Hot Wheels stuff. I have the worst luck finding GB Hot Wheels stuff!
goldenhawk liked this
By DarkSpectre
Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Phil, I'm saying that Joe Q Public isn't buy this stuff (yet). And most pics of in store product have very small sections of product and alot of stuff isn't fully stocked yet. I realize that you're desperate for this stuff, but you're trying to make this out to be bigger than it actually is. Every thing ive seen with people buy it, are either from ghostbuster related sites or people in the hobby. I highly doubt that Joe and Jane Q public are going to plop down nearly 100 dollar for figures of movie that hasn't even come out yet. So yeah the people who know about it are going to go after it and buy everything, that's the way this hobby is. I marvel at the folks who bought every single product. I wish I had a spare 300 + dollars to just blow on crap.
goldenhawk, deadderek liked this
By below_radar_00
DarkSpectre wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Phil, I'm saying that Joe Q Public isn't buy this stuff (yet). And most pics of in store product have very small sections of product and alot of stuff isn't fully stocked yet. I realize that you're desperate for this stuff, but you're trying to make this out to be bigger than it actually is. Every thing ive seen with people buy it, are either from ghostbuster related sites or people in the hobby. I highly doubt that Joe and Jane Q public are going to plop down nearly 100 dollar for figures of movie that hasn't even come out yet. So yeah the people who know about it are going to go after it and buy everything, that's the way this hobby is. I marvel at the folks who bought every single product. I wish I had a spare 300 + dollars to just blow on crap.
Yea, I have to say that $20 a figure seems CRAZY. Especially since the pack was $30. If the figures are $20, seems like the pack should be $50. Or if the pack has to be $30 then figures should be like $8. But alas, I bought them anyways because I can't help myself. Freaking Matty...

I will say this, the boxes look neat. Right now I have a shelf lined with the Matty Classics and the dark colors all next to each other are really boring. It'll be nice to put some of these boxes in the mix for a splash of color.
goldenhawk liked this
By DarkSpectre
I'll be that way with the Classics if they look better than the original matty releases. I have no use for any of the reboot stuff. Maybe that squeezy Slimer for my kid lol. Guess i'll end up saving some money this summer.
Last edited by DarkSpectre on May 2nd, 2016, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
goldenhawk liked this
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:And didn't quite a few people say that these weren't going to sell... Where they at now?
Phil, it is all relative. There are so few of these GB toys in stock when you compare it to Star Wars, DC/Marvel and all the other toys filling up the toy aisle.

From what I can see, the GB stuff fills up two to three columns in a toy aisle. TRU has two to three whole toy aisles filled with SW stuff that sells out of certain items quicker than the GB stuff. (Even at over $200, the Kylo Ren Black Series Lightsaber sells pretty quick.) There are empty pegs in the DC/Marvel aisle, so these toys are selling, in larger numbers that the GB stuff. There are lots of empty pegs in the SW aisle. Again, a lot more of SW toys selling than GB Stuff. (And good luck trying to find a Black Series Rey, Starkiller Base Rey or the coveted Resistance Rey action figures.) With such little shelf space, a local Walmart or TRU may have only enough GB toys for two to three people to buy them. So your analysis is completely wrong.

Like everything new, they are over priced. (Although the SW Black Series Lightsabers have metal hilts.) Like Joe Luna says, if you want them, pick them up on clearance later in the summer.
DarkSpectre liked this
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:
Again Phil, it is all relative. And relative to the amount of toys available and the shelf space given to a particular line. The amount of TMNT and Batman toys that sold over the weekend is probably ten fold more than the amount of GB toys that will sell the whole month of May. And with May the Fourth sales coming up for Star Wars Stuff, it won't be even close.

From what I can see in the pictures over the weekend, it seems that GB collectors are the ones buying up the one to two runs of figures that are available in each of the stores.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
DarkSpectre wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Phil, I'm saying that Joe Q Public isn't buy this stuff (yet).
You can't really make that claim with any certainty. True, I can't make a counter-claim with any certainty either, but for all either of us know, Joe Q. Public has been buying up some of the new Ghostbusters merchandise.
DarkSpectre wrote:I realize that you're desperate for this stuff
And here we go with the "desperate to buy anything with the Ghostbusters logo" allusion. In all seriousness, you're not doing yourself and your argument any favours by inferring that about folks who might or are planning to buy stuff tied into the reboot.

I'm planning to buy the Hotwheels diecast of the reboot Ecto-1, are you going to suggest I'll be buying that stuff because I'll buy anything with a Ghostbusters logo slapped on it?
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?