Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Travis Burrell
We all know the obvious cameos. Im sort of curious if even though Rick Moranis said he wouldn't be in it, if he does a surprise visit anyways. There are others im also curious if we would possibly see? I know with the passing of Wilhelm von Homburg and David Margulies, they could not be in this but what if William T. and Henry J. Deutschendorf II ?
What if Slavitza Jovan and William Atherton?? I would really like to see Peter MacNicol again. lol. I don't know. I guess just hopeful thinking.

R.I.P. Harold. We will never forget you.
By GBfan77
DarkSpectre wrote:I doubt it, simply because outside of Moranis, the general public doesn't remember or care about those characters and actors.
You have any proof to back that up? Because I don't have any.

As far as Cameos go they could always have a video of Ramis from his SCTV days on a TV somewhere.
By Travis Burrell
GBfan77 wrote:
As far as Cameos go they could always have a video of Ramis from his SCTV days on a TV somewhere.
I didn't even know about these. lol.
By JurorNo.2
GBfan77 wrote:As far as Cameos go they could always have a video of Ramis from his SCTV days on a TV somewhere.
I would love that actually, lol.
DaveLister liked this
By Kingpin
At the moment I'm thinking Harold's likeness might be used for the face of Kenneth P. Higgins, unless that role turns out to be Charles Dance.

We might see some loving nods to Margulies and Homburg, but I doubt we'll see the Deutschendorf twins, or Macnicol.

As for Moranis, I wouldn't say it's completely impossible, but I think unlikely given his dedication to his family after his wife died.
Kingpin wrote: As for Moranis, I wouldn't say it's completely impossible, but I think unlikely given his dedication to his family after his wife died.
Yeah Ive been reading that about him. Giving up all that for his kids. Its great to see a dedicated father. I think if he could spare just a few minutes for a quick video shot, even with him saying a one liner would be amazing to have him.
By GBfan77
Hairy Biker wrote:I thought Rick Moranis was offered a cameo in the film but turned it down because he thought it was terrible or the idea was terrible.
No, that's not it. He was offered the cameo but to him it didn't make sense to replay a role he'd already done. Or something like that.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Alphagaia
GBfan77 wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote:I thought Rick Moranis was offered a cameo in the film but turned it down because he thought it was terrible or the idea was terrible.
No, that's not it. He was offered the cameo but to him it didn't make sense to replay a role he'd already done. Or something like that.
Good to see that rectified, some people will jump to conclusions when the news is first releashed and when time passes, take their assumptions for truth.
By Slimered
pferreira1983 wrote:Do you guys think when the release the official music video for the movie it'll be filled with celebrity cameos like the original two films?
Will there even be an official music video?
Slimered wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Do you guys think when the release the official music video for the movie it'll be filled with celebrity cameos like the original two films?
Will there even be an official music video?
I don't doubt it. I will be surprised if there isn't however.
By Slimered
pferreira1983 wrote:
Slimered wrote: Will there even be an official music video?
I don't doubt it. I will be surprised if there isn't however.
I would. Music videos are rare for films currently.
By Kingpin
Probably not. The original was rather guerrilla in how they filmed the cameo portions, getting quick portions which weren't approved by the various film acting guilds, and had one or two appearing actors in a bit of hot water.
Kingpin wrote: [getting quick portions which weren't approved by the various film acting guilds, and had one or two appearing actors in a bit of hot water.
Good God, lol.
Kingpin wrote:
Probably not. The original was rather guerrilla in how they filmed the cameo portions, getting quick portions which weren't approved by the various film acting guilds, and had one or two appearing actors in a bit of hot water.
But they managed to get cameos for the sequel music video by Bobby Brown? How did they manage that? Same issues?
By Kingpin
With everyone knowing what Ghostbusters was in 1988/89, they may've had an easier time getting all the right permissions granted... but I don't think we've seen any of the behind-the-scenes developments with Bobby Brown's video like we have with Ray Parker Junior's.
Kingpin wrote:With everyone knowing what Ghostbusters was in 1988/89, they may've had an easier time getting all the right permissions granted... but I don't think we've seen any of the behind-the-scenes developments with Bobby Brown's video like we have with Ray Parker Junior's.
Ok that sort of half clears it up. Thanks. :)
By d_osborn
Kingpin wrote:but I don't think we've seen any of the behind-the-scenes developments with Bobby Brown's video like we have with Ray Parker Junior's.
There's not a lot here, but it's pretty cool!

The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]