Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By DarkSpectre
Kingpin wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Phil, I'm saying that Joe Q Public isn't buy this stuff (yet).
You can't really make that claim with any certainty. True, I can't make a counter-claim with any certainty either, but for all either of us know, Joe Q. Public has been buying up some of the new Ghostbusters merchandise.
DarkSpectre wrote:I realize that you're desperate for this stuff
I'm planning to buy the Hotwheels diecast of the reboot Ecto-1, are you going to suggest I'll be buying that stuff because I'll buy anything with a Ghostbusters logo slapped on it?
I don't know, Ben, depends, have you been that way in the past? ;)
By below_radar_00
DarkSpectre wrote:
Kingpin wrote:
You can't really make that claim with any certainty. True, I can't make a counter-claim with any certainty either, but for all either of us know, Joe Q. Public has been buying up some of the new Ghostbusters merchandise.

I'm planning to buy the Hotwheels diecast of the reboot Ecto-1, are you going to suggest I'll be buying that stuff because I'll buy anything with a Ghostbusters logo slapped on it?
I don't know, Ben, depends, have you been that way in the past? ;)
I know I am. It's an addiction. LOL.
DarkSpectre liked this
DarkSpectre wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:And didn't quite a few people say that these weren't going to sell... Where they at now?
The people buying them are ghostbuster fans, Phil. Like the type that populate this site. Get a clue.
Thank god this guy piped up again. I like how his policy is not to leave a single thread un-commented on.
By Jangonate
My TRU had two sets of the 6" figures, minis, Ecto's, and packs. No Hot Wheels or ghosts, which bummed me out. It's pretty much cleaned out now.

I'd compare these to other Mattel offerings to assess how they are selling. Here, at least, Multiverse sat on the pegs for a while after initially being released. GB didn't last at all. Then again, compare how much GB stuff has been on the pegs recently and how many DC Supehero figures we've had. GB is at least something most kids aren't used to seeing a lot of, if ever, on the pegs.

I hear the Classic Busters are a Wal-Mart exclusive. Yay!
By DarkSpectre
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:
The people buying them are ghostbuster fans, Phil. Like the type that populate this site. Get a clue.
Thank god this guy piped up again. I like how his policy is not to leave a single thread un-commented on.
Oh wait, we have to limit what we post on now? Thank you sooooooo much for the clarification Vapor.

And Nate, it's surprising that Target doesn't have anything exclusive. They usually do when Waltucky does
goldenhawk liked this
By Jangonate
Most Targets are behind on the GB merch, too. They're all online, including the pistol and trap, but not for sale. Kids need a trap for their packs. They adore the Minis and Ecto.
By Fritz
I'd have to say don't read too much either way out of a spate of initial good sales--I remember the Retro Action figures disappearing quick at first, and one local dealer saying he couldn't keep them in stock. (That's purely anecdotal for Central Indiana, of course) But once that initial wave of interest passed, they were peg warmers and eventually put on clearance. They seem to be roughly retail or a little bit more on Ebay now, on average.

If the movie does well, the chances of the figures being good sellers over a longer term increases...but is still no sure thing.
goldenhawk liked this
By goldenhawk
Jangonate wrote:My TRU had two sets of the 6" figures, minis, Ecto's, and packs. No Hot Wheels or ghosts, which bummed me out. It's pretty much cleaned out now.

I'd compare these to other Mattel offerings to assess how they are selling. Here, at least, Multiverse sat on the pegs for a while after initially being released. GB didn't last at all. Then again, compare how much GB stuff has been on the pegs recently and how many DC Supehero figures we've had. GB is at least something most kids aren't used to seeing a lot of, if ever, on the pegs.

I hear the Classic Busters are a Wal-Mart exclusive. Yay!
Two sets of GB figures means on guy buying one set to keep and one set to hock on eBay. If he doesn't get the price he is looking for on eBay, they return it to the store.

I do remember some GB stuff sitting at TRU for over a year. The GB2 four pack with the busters wearing Santa hats sat there forever.
By 910dohead
What I am curious to see is how this new figure line will affect the after market price of the previous Ghostbusters toy lines (Kenner, Mattel, Trendmasters, Diamond Select, etc.)? 10 years ago the Kenner stuff was fetching average prices but in the last few years the carded first wave and Ecto Glow are fetching insane prices. I wonder if prices will continue to climb once the film is out and people start seeing it? I guess as a collector that's already collected that would be great, but as one who hasn't completed theirs would terribly suck.
By SeikoVoiceNote29
Yes....I too was curious about that! I watched the ecto glow figures spike in price in recent years! Unbelievable prices are being asked for them and people are purchasing. So glad that I picked them up while there were plenty available for $35 and under!
By 910dohead
I got my Ecto-Glow figures MOC for $16 each. I was on eBay one night looking for them and someone had just started listing buy-it-now auctions one at a time. I bought them the second they were listed and lucked out at getting all 5. Now they're listed at $600+. OK, whatever...
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:And didn't quite a few people say that these weren't going to sell... Where they at now?
Phil, where the hell do you get your information from. The demand for these GB toys are not what you make it out to be. Plenty of GB stuff sitting on the shelves at the Bailey's Crossroads TRU. And they only got one case of each type of toy. So it doesn't look like TRU ordered that many per store to begin with. I didn't know where the GB stuff was, so I asked the manager where they put it. The GB stuff is located near the collectibles. And he told me that I am the first person to ask about the GB stuff since they put them on the shelves yesterday.
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]

BTW, with regards to the figures, the Angry Black Woman and the Egon Girl are packed one per case. MM and Wiig are packed two per case. Hence the 6-pack on the box.
Last edited by goldenhawk on May 2nd, 2016, 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
Lots of these to go around. Must not be a lot of people looking for them.
deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
One case of Reboot Figures arrived at the Fair Lakes TRU and they are still sitting there. Did they wrongly put these figures in the action figure aisle?
Phil, please note that the empty pegs in Batman DC stuff at the right side of the photo indicates some of those toys are selling.
By pyhasanon
However, also relative, there are a good amount of stores getting their shelves cleared... Depends on where you look... I went to one today, and the Proton Pack and Minis were selling, and they were out of the Stress-ball Ecto Ghosts (which were the ones I really wanted, so me sad)...

The fact of the matter stands - they're selling...
By Jangonate
goldenhawk wrote:
Phil, where the hell do you get your information from. The demand for these GB toys are not what you make it out to be. Plenty of GB stuff sitting on the shelves at the Bailey's Crossroads TRU. And they only got one case of each type of toy. So it doesn't look like TRU ordered that many per store to begin with. I didn't know where the GB stuff was, so I asked the manager where they put it. The GB stuff is located near the collectibles. And he told me that I am the first person to ask about the GB stuff since they put them on the shelves yesterday.
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]

BTW, with regards to the figures, the Angry Black Woman and the Egon Girl are packed one per case. MM and Wiig are packed two per case. Hence the 6-pack on the box.
Wish my TRU looked like this!
goldenhawk liked this
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:However, also relative, there are a good amount of stores getting their shelves cleared... Depends on where you look... I went to one today, and the Proton Pack and Minis were selling, and they were out of the Stress-ball Ecto Ghosts (which were the ones I really wanted, so me sad)...

The fact of the matter stands - they're selling...
That is all relative when it comes to demand and supply. When you only have a case or two at each store, they will sell in relation to the demand. I hit one of the biggest toy stores in the Northern VA area, and none of the GB stuff has sold since they were put on the shelves yesterday morning. Maybe there just isn't that many GB fans in my area. Maybe the regular toy customers aren't interested in them. Perhaps you should clarify your statement with selling to who. Because in my area, they have already become peg warmers.

Just look at the pictures I posted. They're just sitting there. Conventional thinking says that these toys should be all gone the day after release due to the FORECASTED demand. Perhaps Fritz is right, after the initial supply is sold, the remaining inventory just sit there as peg warmers.
deadderek liked this
By YHSCraig
In the words of the great Dr. Peter Venkman, " I think these people are completely nuts." We're all arguing over the supply and demand of Ghostbusters toys that have been on shelves for 24 hours. My real question is, who cares? I feel like a lot of people on this board are trying to make arguments that support their assessment of whether or not the movie will be successful. The real answer is that none of us know. None of us have a clue.

That being said, I am very excited for the movie as I have been for the entire production. I love the toys and will buy them all, twice. Will the movie flop? Probably not. Will it be the biggest movie this summer? Probably not. Could it be either of those? Possibly. Do I spend too much money on toys? Definitely.
DaveLister liked this
By below_radar_00
Man...I hope this thread doesn't turn into every other thread in the GB16 sub-forum. I stopped following almost all of the threads in that forum because of the constant back and forth.

To me, this isn't rocket science. Places I've been to either don't have any figures out because they never put them up/never got any to put out or they have a few out because they only got a few to begin with. And they JUST put them out yesterday so if something is still sitting there today I'd hardly consider that a peg warmer. If that stuff is still there in a couple of weeks then sure. Overall, I don't see many people buying this stuff right now unless they are GB fans. The general public probably won't want any of this until the movie is out and only if the movie is decent.

Both sides have a good argument though. Some places will have stock sitting right now because the public probably isn't buying this right now, only the fans are. If that area doesn't have many fans (or fans that are open to the new movie) then it might sit until July. Some places will be sold out day one though because people like me are buying up the whole stock of items because it's only a few items. I literally grabbed everything they had at my local Wal-Mart. But it was only six figures. They didn't have the pack, the Ecto, the minis, the ghosts, nothing else.

I wish I would have had a free hour today. I would have went to a couple more places because I really want to grab the last few things that I'm missing! It's very cool to see that goldenhawk's TRU had a little section. I just like seeing some GB stuff on the shelves. Hopefully we'll only get more and more as rumors continue to swirl about a new animated movie, another live action movie that might be in the same universe as the original, and a new tv show. Bring on the merch!
Kingpin liked this
By below_radar_00
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:In the words of the great Dr. Peter Venkman, " I think these people are completely nuts." We're all arguing over the supply and demand of Ghostbusters toys that have been on shelves for 24 hours. My real question is, who cares? I feel like a lot of people on this board are trying to make arguments that support their assessment of whether or not the movie will be successful. The real answer is that none of us know. None of us have a clue.

That being said, I am very excited for the movie as I have been for the entire production. I love the toys and will buy them all, twice. Will the movie flop? Probably not. Will it be the biggest movie this summer? Probably not. Could it be either of those? Possibly. Do I spend too much money on toys? Definitely.
Amen. We were writing our posts at the same time I guess.
YHSCraig liked this
By goldenhawk
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:In the words of the great Dr. Peter Venkman, " I think these people are completely nuts." We're all arguing over the supply and demand of Ghostbusters toys that have been on shelves for 24 hours. My real question is, who cares? I feel like a lot of people on this board are trying to make arguments that support their assessment of whether or not the movie will be successful. The real answer is that none of us know. None of us have a clue.

Maybe you're right. But I think Fritz is probably the most dead on with his assessment.

But in all seriousness, I compare this whole GB toy thing to Star Wars toys. When there are two to three aisles of SW stuff and half the pegs are empty. When the same store can sell three of four Kylo Ren Black Series Lightsabers at $230.00 a piece and all six of the remaining Black Series Lightsabers (Yoda, Luke, Vader) at $164.99 a piece in the same time period. That is demand exceeding supply. And it tends to put the whole GB thing in perspective. GB is totally minuscule compare to Star Wars.

Now on with my search for the SW Resistance Rey action figure.
By goldenhawk
below_radar_00 wrote:Man...I hope this thread doesn't turn into every other thread in the GB16 sub-forum. I stopped following almost all of the threads in that forum because of the constant back and forth.

To me, this isn't rocket science. Places I've been to either don't have any figures out because they never put them up/never got any to put out or they have a few out because they only got a few to begin with. And they JUST put them out yesterday so if something is still sitting there today I'd hardly consider that a peg warmer. If that stuff is still there in a couple of weeks then sure. Overall, I don't see many people buying this stuff right now unless they are GB fans. The general public probably won't want any of this until the movie is out and only if the movie is decent.

Both sides have a good argument though. Some places will have stock sitting right now because the public probably isn't buying this right now, only the fans are. If that area doesn't have many fans (or fans that are open to the new movie) then it might sit until July. Some places will be sold out day one though because people like me are buying up the whole stock of items because it's only a few items. I literally grabbed everything they had at my local Wal-Mart. But it was only six figures. They didn't have the pack, the Ecto, the minis, the ghosts, nothing else.

I wish I would have had a free hour today. I would have went to a couple more places because I really want to grab the last few things that I'm missing! It's very cool to see that goldenhawk's TRU had a little section. I just like seeing some GB stuff on the shelves. Hopefully we'll only get more and more as rumors continue to swirl about a new animated movie, another live action movie that might be in the same universe as the original, and a new tv show. Bring on the merch!
If you want the phone numbers to the stores where those pictures were taken, I will give them to you. Or look up TRU in Fair Lakes and Bailey's Crossraods through their website. Both stores are in Northern VA. Call them, they will package them up and mail it to you. Anything over $25 ships free. The four figures cost $80 alone. Hurry because Angry Black Woman and the Egon Wannabe are short packed in the case of six. BTW, you can get their 20% off coupon and put it to use towards this stuff.
By 910dohead
Arguing aside, I am buying these because I personally want them. For those who want them, I have one of the eBay sellers sending me pictures of the UPC's for the classic figures here shortly. I also have the wal-mart product number for the burnt Stay Puft. I'll be sharing all of this once they get back to me. Hopefully this will help any of you locate stock that's buried in walmart stock rooms.
I'm out and about today and I found more of the new product. I still haven't come across the trap or the blaster yet. A TRU a few cities over from me was the only place that actually had them on the sales floor.
By below_radar_00
joeghostbuster wrote:my local Walmart had ZERO merchandise from the new movie. yet they still have a huge TMNT display for the new movie figures. I was considering getting a Jillian Holtz figure but no dice. the next closest toy store is a Toys R Us over an hour away :P
I wonder if some of these stores stock the toy shelves on a certain day or days or the week and the figures are just sitting in the back. I found it odd that one Target had all kinds of stuff while another one had zero. And same with Walmart. One had a few things, the other had zilch. I've never worked retail so I don't know how big box stores handle stuff like that but it just seemed plausible to me that it's all in the back waiting to be put out.
So far nothing at Target or Wal-mart in St. Louis. The Toys 'R Us had a very meager display.

The 6" figures look a little underwhelming (weak paint apps, no real accessories, etc.). They seem like $10 figures that have been hiked up to $20 due to the BAF Rowan and collector-friendly packaging.

The talking Slimer is kind of cute, though; his slobbering and gibberish (very RGB) seems to vary based on how long you pull his tongue.
By featofstrength
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

spider8626 wrote:The 6 inch ghosts are on Amazon! Enjoy toy hunting for ghosts!!
Yes! Thanks for the heads up!

Also in stock...
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Busters-Min ... =ms+slimer
This Post Contains Spoilers
*REALLY? Someone forced a spoiler tag on me? Over an official product on shelves now? :boogieman:

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]