Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I was about 7 when I saw the first movie. My mom taped it off tv and I watched it so many times it wore out. Wish I still had it though, with all the 80s commercials that were on it.

I also loved the cartoon and had a good amount of the toy line and the disappointing Nintendo game. I got to see GB2 in the theaters and remember having some weird promotional electronic noise maker thing from a fast food place.

Nowadays the first movie is still my all-time favorite. I got to see it during the 30th anniversary theatrical run! I'm not too excited about this reboot though, but we'll see what happens.
I fell in love with GhostBusters when I was about 15 years old.. Think that it`s a great series which could be written.. Just after the StarTrek, IMO. Among all of entertainment series these are one of the best that will not bring any harm to the children psyche
I can't really give an exact answer because I've loved the Ghostbusters as far back as I can remember.

I know as a kid I was REALLY in to The Real Ghostbusters because I had a lot toys, including my beloved proton pack. I remember when Extreme Ghostbusters came on I became excited because I was still young enough to be in to cartoons. I remember being excited buying the Extreme GB Egon figure.

So I guess my answer is...as far as I can remember. :)
Probably age 4 or 5.I'm 34 now.My folks and my aunt rented a VCR(yes,RENTED),and a copy of the movie.I will not forget that night as long as I live.It was game changing.I remember it as vividly as watching the blu-ray a couple weeks ago.Sitting in front of the register with my dog and a blanket,screaming when Slimer flew at the screen to slime Venkman.....Fast forward 30 years,a cartoon,a sequel,a thousand toys,comics,games,shirts,a visit to NYC,a handshake from Winston Zeddemore himself,and here I am.If I could go back in time and let mini-Barkeff what was in store.......
gold333 liked this
I was 7 or 8, I think?

There was a neighborhood babysitter who watched all the kids. We watched the cartoon a bunch, played with the action figures.

As soon as GBII was on video, it was in the VCR frequently. I'd seen it at least a dozen or two times throughout my childhood.

I didn't even end up seeing GB1 until my mid-to-late-teens when I bought the DVD 2-pack, but I already knew the characters so well.

"Do, Ray, Egon!!"
I saw the first Ghostbusters in theater with my mom and my sister. I was probably only 4 or 5. lol. Im really surprised my mom took me at that age but I do remember one thing.. I was so scared when we got back to the car. The ending of Slimer coming at you and then going to credits scared me so badly that it was raining out and I was in a hurry to get back to the car at night. When I got in I was already scared and then Mom went to turn the wiper blades on and one broke. I freaked out and ducted down in the back seat saying it was a ghost and my sister laughed hysterically. That's about all I remember from that age. lol. Later as The Real Ghostbusters was playing more and more on Satellite, I started pretending I was a Ghostbuster with my brother. Him and I always played it over and over and played the VHS tape over and over that it wore out the tape and started jamming in the VCR. My brother and I would cut the feet out of our PJ zip up onezies. I was Egon because I wore glasses and my brother was Winston because he tanned very easily like my father. lol. Our neighbor always came over and was Ray because he was a little on the heavy side. lol. His sister was Janine. We played the movie every day and role played with it reciting word for word both I and II. When I heard there was a Ghostbuters II coming out I was SO excited. Mom said she was taking me and my brother to it that day and then we were acting up so badly that day that she told us we weren't allowed to go see it. (That was the worst day of my life at the time) I am still scarred a bit from that experience. lol.

I was 8 when GBII came out I believe. I had all the toys. My brother threw my Ecto 1 down a flight of stairs and broke it. door broke off and cracked the roof I think. All the toys ended up getting thrown away over time by my parents because they didn't think we were playing with them anymore. :(

Been a Ghostbuster all my life fellas. Just joined this forum not to long ago though. Ive been on another ghostbuster forum for a while though. Im glad to be on here and discuss my childhood with you guys. So, in a way.. you are all kind of like brothers/ sisters to me now. ;) lol
gold333, barison82 liked this
I was about 34, I believe. It was a Halloween costume. I mean, I had seen the film years before, but on a whim, me and some friends decided to be the Ghostbusters. That was 11 years ago...boy how time flies. Where did my life go? I can't escape from this insanity!
I was 6 when Dad took me to see Ghostbusters II in the theater. I think I'd only really seen the cartoon because I remember early on in the movie thinking, "Oh OK, this is 'real life' Egon, I get it!" Lol. It made me feel mature to be watching a "grown up" version of a cartoon I enjoyed. That sort of blending was a lot more common in the 80s, though I guess it's kind of coming back with super hero films and corresponding cartoons.
Four years old, I started very early. I had the proton pack, trap, PKE meter, and a baby doll I called Oscar so I could pretend to save him. I watched the show religiously and both movies more times than I can count. So you could call me a Ghostbuster born.
I got into Ghostbusters when I was four or five years old. That was ten years ago, since I'm fourteen now. It was the 2005 DVD release. It was probably the scariest film I had seen at the time, and also the funniest.

It has been my favorite film for years now, with Ghostbusters II (why do people ever spell it with Arabic numerals, instead of Roman?) ranking second.

I have never gotten into the cartoon (Real or Extreme,) and never finished the Video Game, not that I didn't like the game, it's just that I typically don't play Video Games in the first place. I don't own a mobile phone either, and couldn't send a text. Seems kind of silly to have mobile phones since we already have PCs which are so much more powerful.

I'm convinced Ghostbusters II has the best Special Effects of all time, and Ghostbuster has some of the most creative. I prefer the Ghostbusters effects to modern effects, including the effects presented in the reboot trailer (even though I am really looking forward to the film!) I even did a color comparison article: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IQ8g ... sp=sharing
I got into Ghostbusters young, probably around 5 years old. I remember liking them because unlike Superman who had all these powers or Batman who seemingly had everything figured out 20 minutes before the bad guys did, here were four (mostly) normal guys saving the world. Just... people, regular humans with a little know how taking care of monsters. They got scared, confused, didn't have a plan right away. That really stuck with me :)
I got into Ghostbusters at the time of the second film, which I saw in the cinema when I was 7 years old. I was into the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series big time and had many of the toys as well. I also had a GB2 pencilcase which I used for most of my school years
I was 11 when the original GB came out. I remember shortly afterwards, my brother and I went to our small downtown shopping area and got black t shirts with the no ghost transfer logo put on them. We went on vacation in Florida wearing these shirts and had a ton of people coming up to us asking where we got them.

That Halloween, my dad built me a proton pack and my mom put together a uniform. We basically had no reference pictures. I've asked multiple times about those pictures, but nobody can find them.
I was 3 when I got the Ecto 1 from Real Ghostbusters for Christmas. There are videos of me pushing it up and down the hallway. I know I was watching the cartoon since before I could remember. I was 6 when I got to see GB2 in theaters and remember the hype of seeing the first trailer in theaters. The internet changed that feeling as now we get advertisements for just the trailer. Back then I showed up to watch a movie and BAM out of nowhere Ghostbusters 2.

I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old. My 3 year old is obsessed with GB and is really excited for the new movie. He has a Patty figure that he adores. Seeing him wear my Venkman shirt (with a zipper installed) from when I was a kid and rocking out the new pack toy brings all the feels.
troy_225 liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]