Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
It really shouldn't matter how successful or unsuccessful the reboot will be. I have love for movies that are widely considered failures and complete distaste for more popular films. It's all about how YOU feel about the reboot.
EJLambert wrote:It really shouldn't matter how successful or unsuccessful the reboot will be. I have love for movies that are widely considered failures and complete distaste for more popular films. It's all about how YOU feel about the reboot.
Which has no impact on whether the movie is good or not. You can like a good or bad movie if you want, that's up to you.

But whether a movie is good or bad can be and very often is completely objective.

Nobody would argue that Manos The Hands of Fate is a good movie.
timeware wrote:Bad or not TMNT earned enough money for a sequel and kept the new cartoon going.
The cartoon was a success long before they even started filming the movie. Just like the IDW comics were a success. Luckily Bay/Liebesman's garbage film had little impact on either.
This appears to tie into something else I remember reading from one of the recent articles, with one of the Ghostbusters using a Proton stream to sorta "fly" during the Times Square sequence.

Looks like this is how they'll be discovering that ability, probably as during the sequence when they're first testing out the Mark 2.0 Proton Packs.
Kingpin wrote:Given how circular the conversation has become, as Skanker warned, how about we hold off any further talk about whether the film will be a success or not until after June 15th, and we've been able to actually watch it?
I thought it was coming out in July?
Kingpin wrote:This appears to tie into something else I remember reading from one of the recent articles, with one of the Ghostbusters using a Proton stream to sorta "fly" during the Times Square sequence.

Looks like this is how they'll be discovering that ability, probably as during the sequence when they're first testing out the Mark 2.0 Proton Packs.
Soooo, using repulsor beam technology with the particle thrower? K.
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:
Kingpin wrote:This appears to tie into something else I remember reading from one of the recent articles, with one of the Ghostbusters using a Proton stream to sorta "fly" during the Times Square sequence.

Soooo, using repulsor beam technology with the particle thrower? K.
Wait, wait, wait, what?
Using the proton streams to fly is a big nod to the Real Ghostbusters. Remember in Captain Steel saves the day they used the streams to slow down their fall. In the episode with the doomsday door they use the packs to push themselves out of that area/ dimension that had been changing everything.
Alphagaia wrote:Link? ;-)
I though it more likely something big has picked her up, if the portal thing is bust.
"There are multiple weapon types being used throughout the scene, including Kristen Wiig using some apparent tennis skills with her proton wand to bat away some ghosts -- who are then yanked backward on a wire with force -- and then using her proton pack as a rocket pack, pointing the wand down, firing, and propelling herself into the air"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/28/ ... ers-reboot
A tennis racket? A rocket pack? A boxing glove? And a lollipop? I'm not even surprised anymore given the overall trajectory of this film. What's next? Using the proton stream as a hair dryer? A tampon?

Before anyone goes accusing this post of being sexist, consider the fact that if I had made a joke about slime getting everywhere, in EVERY crack of their body, you would likely be making the same accusation. But since the almighty Paul Feig, with his god-like sense of humor, (or his equally divine screenwriter) used it as a line in the film, it's all cool.
Raystantz Italy liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
I though it more likely something big has picked her up, if the portal thing is bust.
"There are multiple weapon types being used throughout the scene, including Kristen Wiig using some apparent tennis skills with her proton wand to bat away some ghosts -- who are then yanked backward on a wire with force -- and then using her proton pack as a rocket pack, pointing the wand down, firing, and propelling herself into the air"

Must say, awesome article. Very informative and drives home a few points I have seen addressed here. Didn't someone here compared it to a romantic comedy? I like how Feig condemns such kind of thinking.

I'm curious to see the new tech. The tennis racket thing is probably just a bat of some kind (they all seem to have a close quarter weapon as the packs seem long range)and I'm curious how much 'flying' there actually is. It's Wiig using it to probably escape an onslaught of ghosts. Maybe she shoots a boson dart like projectile by turning the pack to maximum power? That would propel her from her feet and it makes sense with the notion the wands are for long range as the power behind it is too great to use up close.
Egon's Pompadour wrote:A tennis racket? A rocket pack? A boxing glove? And a lollipop? I'm not even surprised anymore given the overall trajectory of this film. What's next? Using the proton stream as a hair dryer? A tampon?

Before anyone goes accusing this post of being sexist, consider the fact that if I had made a joke about slime getting everywhere, in EVERY crack of their body, you would likely be making the same accusation. But since the almighty Paul Feig, with his god-like sense of humor, (or his equally divine screenwriter) used it as a line in the film, it's all cool.
And yes, you are getting very close to being sexist here with dryers and tampons. A joke about slime getting everywhere could have been made by a man as well. It probably just focuses on a different crack. Relax, mate. You don't want to become the next Cassidy with such a hate on for Feig.
Alphagaia wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote: "There are multiple weapon types being used throughout the scene, including Kristen Wiig using some apparent tennis skills with her proton wand to bat away some ghosts -- who are then yanked backward on a wire with force -- and then using her proton pack as a rocket pack, pointing the wand down, firing, and propelling herself into the air"

Must say, awesome article. Very informative and drives home a few points I have seen addressed here. Didn't someone here compared it to a romantic comedy? I like how Feig condemns such kind of thinking.

I'm curious to see the new tech. The tennis racket thing is probably just a bat of some kind (they all seem to have a close quarter weapon as the packs seem long range)and I'm curious how much 'flying' there actually is. It's Wiig using it to probably escape an onslaught of ghosts. Maybe she shoots a boson dart like projectile by turning the pack to maximum power? That would propel her from her feet and it makes sense with the notion the wands are for long range as the power behind it is too great to use up close.
Egon's Pompadour wrote:A tennis racket? A rocket pack? A boxing glove? And a lollipop? I'm not even surprised anymore given the overall trajectory of this film. What's next? Using the proton stream as a hair dryer? A tampon?

And yes, you are getting very close to being sexist here with dryers and tampons. A joke about slime getting everywhere could have been made by a man as well. It probably just focuses on a different crack. Relax, mate. You don't want to become the next Cassidy with such a hate on for Feig.
Honestly, I couldn't give a bowel movement if people think I'm being sexist. Maybe it's because I've been exposed to too much hypocrisy among the PC crowd, embracing double-standards that favor their own prejudices, not to mention Paul Feig himself making sexist comments about men not being as funny as women, etc. I have every right to hate Paul Feig's work and his political agenda at the expense of something I cared about. I'm not going to jump on your optimistic bandwagon while something I cherished was carelessly bastardized by money grubbing executives and talentless hacks.

I have no idea who Cassidy is.
And you can hate him if you want. Just make sure you hate him for the right reasons.

Feigs desire to use his own political agenda, e.a. casting women has nothing to do with it being a reboot. In the article stated above he said he could have made them daughters of the original GB, but he wanted the tech and ghosts to be unknown things as well. In short, his political agenda had nothing to do with it being a reboot or being at the expense of this movie.

Cassidy was trolling Feig every day on his twitter and who Feig told to f*** off in that famous tweet of his. Cassidy was banned here for shunning anyone who would don the new GB16 packs and uniforms during conventions, even if they were kids, and various hate filled remarks regarding Feig. The guy was an extreme tool.
mrmichaelt wrote:

Thanks Mike, I honestly couldn't remember which article it was at the time.
Egon's Pompadour wrote:Using the proton stream as a hair dryer? A tampon?
If not verging on sexism, then at least some pretty poor taste stereotyping.
Egon's Pompadour wrote:not to mention Paul Feig himself making sexist comments about men not being as funny as women, etc.
Feig feeling that women are funnier than men is not sexist.

Saying, for example, that a woman can't be a Ghostbuster, is sexist.

In all honesty, I think some of us forget that the population of the forum here isn't 100% male.
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:The tennis racket thing is probably just a bat of some kind (they all seem to have a close quarter weapon as the packs seem long range)and I'm curious how much 'flying' there actually is. It's Wiig using it to probably escape an onslaught of ghosts. Maybe she shoots a boson dart like projectile by turning the pack to maximum power? That would propel her from her feet and it makes sense with the notion the wands are for long range as the power behind it is too great to use up close.
I cringed when I first read the passage. It could be cool, it could be cheesy. We'll see, what's entertaining in an episode of The Real Ghostbusters might not translate to live action.
Kingpin wrote:Thanks Mike, I honestly couldn't remember which article it was at the time.
You're welcome, Ben. I've sorta resigned myself to finding as much of them as I could just to pick useful info out for future reference and see what photos/still were included.
mrmichaelt wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:The tennis racket thing is probably just a bat of some kind (they all seem to have a close quarter weapon as the packs seem long range)and I'm curious how much 'flying' there actually is. It's Wiig using it to probably escape an onslaught of ghosts. Maybe she shoots a boson dart like projectile by turning the pack to maximum power? That would propel her from her feet and it makes sense with the notion the wands are for long range as the power behind it is too great to use up close.
I cringed when I first read the passage. It could be cool, it could be cheesy. We'll see, what's entertaining in an episode of The Real Ghostbusters might not translate to live action.
Meh, as long as the force is based on 'science' I will allow it. If they start jumping like mantispeople who have seen the matrix I'm gonna roll my eyes.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:There are lots of reasons why movies go in for reshoots. It could be something as simple as getting new takes on scenes that are already being filmed, extra bits of dialogue, a scene to smooth out transitions between other scenes, etc. Also, it could be something drastic, something that they got a lot of feedback on during test screenings and are modifying accordingly.

Let's not forget that the idea of a multiverse has been talked about openly this week by Feig and that's not something we have heard before. Could be foundations of a connected universe. Really, it could be anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're shooting to set up a multiverse. A post-credits scene maybe.
mrmichaelt wrote:
Slimered wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if they're shooting to set up a multiverse. A post-credits scene maybe.
Based on the Daily Mail and US Mag articles, looks like a reshoot of early scenes with prototype equipment. McCarthy was flying around on the rig with a Proton Pack but not in a jumpsuit.
The scene sounds similar to when Tony was testing the mk2 suit in the first Iron Man.

Last edited by Kingpin on May 5th, 2016, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added Youtube code
With all of this talk about proton packs being used as jet packs and whatnot, as if Melissa McCarthy using her thrower to punch a ghost wasn't absurd enough, I wonder if Chris Morgan was somehow secretly involved in this project. Maybe he was a "ghost writer" on the screenplay. It's hard to imagine how Sony managed to get so much Hollywood talent involved in one movie.

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?