Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Well, crap. My store (where I've got my subscription) didn't get Number 4 this week. I started calling around. No luck - they either didn't get it or were already sold out. Erik did confirm over in the Kickstarter comments that there was a distribution hiccup though.

MrMichaelT touched on some of these, but I thought I would post Erik's preview of what's to come that he posted on Kickstarter:
This Post Contains Spoilers
^^Yeah, he's using that pack because it's lighter since he's still on the cane. Not much time is passing between #4-6.

For #7, it would be rather entertaining if things got so bad that Peck had to throw on a pack.

I looked back at the #4 solicit and it mentioned Egon and Kylie working on the Poveglian discovery. Must have been discarded when Erik rewrote the last 10 pages.
And they'll probably blame the Ghostbusters for the slime somehow, too. ;)

In Issue #3, the page 7 cameo people thought was Idris Elba or Denzel Washington were wrong. He's Pumpkin Escobar, portrayed by Tracy Morgan, in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 0953243648

In Issue #4
Erik said the current story is "basically a yearlong arc."
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 0737809409
HauntedWallflower wrote:Iceland makes sense, since Egon gets his answers while the knuckleheads are in Ireland, so when they go to Iceland, they'll probably dig some dirt on Vinter while working.
Agreed. Since I think it was Winston who couldn't find much about him in #1.

I'm guessing we might get Germany and Krampus for the December issue. I'd dig that.

I'm hoping they get to Japan at some point. Be a nice way to tie back to Get Real #4 when Janine promised to send a team if something got riled up, plus the last vision which seems tied to Japan, and potentially so much lore to explore but for me, fingers crossed for a Kappa - be a neat way to revisit the bogeyman lore.
Krampus is gonna be sooooo gooood....

I remember Dan saying that the Yurei (I think) in the reflection at the end of Get Real and the woman in Proteus' visions are the same (Or did he say they're connected?). So, they are definitely gonna deal with that.

I hope it's an Onryou (revenge seeker), cos they [and many other ghosts] in Japanese mythology are mostly women, especially Oiwa, who is one of the best-known Onryou.
Plus, like New Orleans, if they go to Japan -- they'll meet some opposition from people who don't like them. They better bring some positively charged mood slime with them.
HauntedWallflower wrote:I remember Dan saying that the Yurei (I think) in the reflection at the end of Get Real and the woman in Proteus' visions are the same (Or did he say they're connected?). So, they are definitely gonna deal with that.
Erik said the Yurei (my assumption) in the mirror was just a one off gag and didn't plan to revisit it in the near future.
mrmichaelt wrote:Erik said the Yurei (my assumption) in the mirror was just a one off gag and didn't plan to revisit it in the near future.
Even so, the woman Proteus showed is relevant in some way and she looks Japanese to me. Or does she? I'm gonna re-read.
Last edited by HauntedWallflower on May 3rd, 2016, 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HauntedWallflower wrote:Even so, the woman Proteus showed is relevant in some way and she looks Japanese to me.
Correct. You're thinking of two interviews as one. In one with the wiki, Erik said the Yurei itself was a one off gag. On a Crossrip podcast, Dan hinted the woman has to do with where Janine and Kylie get sent to, which we now now was Tokyo, Japan.
mrmichaelt wrote:Correct. You're thinking of two interviews as one. In one with the wiki, Erik said the Yurei itself was a one off gag. On a Crossrip podcast, Dan hinted the woman has to do with where Janine and Kylie get sent to, which we now now was Tokyo, Japan.
Yeah, I realized I mashed both interviews in my mind only just now.
Finally got my hands on Number 4 today. Again - great job to the team. It's really hard getting to the end on a cliffhanger knowing I've got another month's wait to continue the story (of course I guess it's not that long for me this time since I'm a week behind).
And some how, Erik and Dan have gotten even better on the "timing" of the dialogue, if you can call it that. Kylie's quip in the diner was very well played and the guys banter in Paris at the beginning. The way it is written and set out on the page, you can feel the "beats" of the dialogue and it works so well.
While I was brooding on a cathedral's gargoyle statue, my thoughts turned to Erland Vinter. So we know he set off Egon's P.K.E. Meter, he wanted to buy out the Ghostbusters and supposedly clear haunted land for his own profit, he wanted the rune on Poveglia, Egon's search for Johansen's Argument is in vain - all the copies are gone and in #4 Egon mentions a Scandinavian spell book.

We know Egon studied in Sweden as an undergrad and thanks to Vol 2 #6, we know part of his research was Gjenganger. Those were basically corporeal undead. Ghosts with no ghostly qualities. Looks virtually like a human being. Almost like vampires of eastern Europe. Used to be violent creatures. Known as disease-spreaders.

This Scandinavian spell book. If it's not this Argument book Egon is looking for. There's a couple well known ones like the Cyprianus or the Galdrabok. Now the latter caught my eye because supposedly the Galdrabok a book of 47 spells compiled by four people in the 16th-17th century. Some of the spells had runic material like magical staves - like the one we saw on Poveglia no doubt. Others were invocations for demons and gods or instructions for a magical item. Some of the spells are protective, like to protect against...pestilence.

Could Erland be a Gjenganger? Could his big plan be taking a page from Achira? Hmm.
Finally picked up issue #4 yesterday, had a great time reading it. Got a big kick out of the reference to Saturday Night Live famous Olympia Diner skit. Also nice to see Egon back in action again. I am very excited to see what happens next with the ghosts that were freed by Vinter's assistant. The Haunted America prose story was pretty funny too, the ghostly pirate ship reminded me a lot of the Real Ghostbusters episode Sea Fright.
mrmichaelt wrote:While I was brooding on a cathedral's gargoyle statue, my thoughts turned to Erland Vinter. So we know he set off Egon's P.K.E. Meter, he wanted to buy out the Ghostbusters and supposedly clear haunted land for his own profit, he wanted the rune on Poveglia, Egon's search for Johansen's Argument is in vain - all the copies are gone and in #4 Egon mentions a Scandinavian spell book.

We know Egon studied in Sweden as an undergrad and thanks to Vol 2 #6, we know part of his research was Gjenganger. Those were basically corporeal undead. Ghosts with no ghostly qualities. Looks virtually like a human being. Almost like vampires of eastern Europe. Used to be violent creatures. Known as disease-spreaders.

This Scandinavian spell book. If it's not this Argument book Egon is looking for. There's a couple well known ones like the Cyprianus or the Galdrabok. Now the latter caught my eye because supposedly the Galdrabok a book of 47 spells compiled by four people in the 16th-17th century. Some of the spells had runic material like magical staves - like the one we saw on Poveglia no doubt. Others were invocations for demons and gods or instructions for a magical item. Some of the spells are protective, like to protect against...pestilence.

Could Erland be a Gjenganger? Could his big plan be taking a page from Achira? Hmm.
He could even be descended from or possessed by one. Maybe he's gonna make an army to cause his own version of Ragnarok and it could be ugly. He could even be the puppet for some Idulnas-like figure from Scandinavian lore that's seeking to release the Draugar and Grendel.

All the same, I'm sure that he is definitely connected to Egon from the past, because he doesn't want Egon actively Busting along with the others. If Egon wasn't injured, he would've solved the mystery in Issue 1 with just one look at Vinter's face. Also, he could've "borrowed" the Johansen Argument beforehand, knowing that Egon would come looking for it. Whatever Vinter's doing, he doesn't want Egon ruining it.
I find the cover COMPLETELY unrealistic. I mean, I suffered a heat stroke in my jumpsuit in June in New Jersey and I'm supposed to believe that these three are running just fine in no less than THREE layers of clothing on a tropical beach?! I think not, my friends... I. Think. Not.

Seriously though, that cover is AWESOME :D
August solicits are in
http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN160474
Issue #8
Thanks to the diligence of Egon Spengler, the Ghostbusters are now finally aware of who and what they've been up against... but that information has come at a cost! The boys and girls in grey will need help to deal with this new threat, and they'll go to the ends of the earth (and beyond) to find it!
Order Code is JUN160474 and tentative date that will surely be changed is 8/3/2016. Only regular cover revealed.
HauntedWallflower wrote:Oh my gosh....The last time someone thought on their feet with a cost was Winston. Maybe Egon is the cost this time?!
Oh man I sure hope that is not the case. If something bad does happen to Egon, I sure hope it's not perminant. One thing that I have really loved about this comic is that Egon and all the guys can live forever in these pages. Still very intriguing and looking forward to the journey. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote:Oh man I sure hope that is not the case. If something bad does happen to Egon, I sure hope it's not perminant. One thing that I have really loved about this comic is that Egon and all the guys can live forever in these pages. Still very intriguing and looking forward to the journey. :):):)
I love that about the comics too. But the cover only shows Ray, Peter and Winston so I'm worried. Then again, the cost could even be the guy Janine hired. Or Janine herself.
HauntedWallflower wrote:I love that about the comics too. But the cover only shows Ray, Peter and Winston so I'm worried. Then again, the cost could even be the guy Janine hired. Or Janine herself.
Ray, Peter, and Winston are probably just returning home for the first time since leaving in #2. Hence the Wizard of Oz reference.

EDIT: Dan Schoening posted a sneak peek for Issue #5. Looks like Ray repurposed some tech left behind...
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 0129440769
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]