Another little update. Thanks to GohstTarp's incredibly detailed build thread, I've learnt a great deal about how certain smaller components can be mounted to the pack, and the type of washers/nuts/bolts that can be used. One of the areas that caught my attention were the Legris Straights, which were secured to the inside of the pack using brass 1/4 NTP nuts. I've decided to follow this method too and got hold of a couple:

Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
More little bits...finally have the red arcolectric indicators :) I also got the GBfans leg hose connector while I was at it, well worth getting as it is very accurate and really well made.

Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
OCP_Model-001 wrote:Nice! what other parts do you need now? You must be close to completing the list.. ;)
Hi! Thanks...I'm very near to completing the list (after nearly 1 year of preparation). I'm waiting for these
final parts:

Beam Line
Filler Tube
Vacuum Line
Injector Tubes w/brackets
Booster Tube (with adjustable plug)
(All coming from Freeky Geeky)

Correct brass/stainless steel washers, steel spacer for Bellows

The last item which I've had absolutely no luck with at all (after an order for them last year went missing) is the aluminium labels from Joe Luna. If I am unable to obtain these then I will have to settle with the metallic vinyl ones from the GBfans shop, which I already have as a back-up. I have put the word out there in case anyone has a spare set going!

The build will start in June (had to hold it back a month due to waiting for parts/room to save a bit more to cover everything)
Just thought I'd throw in this photo...my 'hobby' cupboard, which is pretty full lol. The Ghostbusters gear is taking over fast! When the Pack eventually arrives, I've assured my missus that it will fit neatly into the storage space under the bed...

Last edited by barison82 on June 30th, 2017, 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
OCP_Model-001 liked this
GohstTarp wrote:It's a wise and responsible builder that takes into account the Spouse Acceptance Factor (SAF) ;)
LOL...never heard that term before! Interesting...wikipedia never ceases to amaze...although I'm happy to say, the other half is very happy with my multiple hobbies, as long as they have a tidy home to go to - and I'm pretty confident that the Pack will fit neatly into storage, and will become another accepted member of the family :-P
lol @SAF, i love that! We all need that to get away with these hobbies ;) You will need to display that pack though! I had my old pack, hanging up in my old man cave (now my 4 year old daughters bedroom) anyway, I love getting parts in the mail, but i hate the waiting, checking tracking etc ;)
barison82 liked this
OCP_Model-001 wrote:lol @SAF, i love that! We all need that to get away with these hobbies ;) You will need to display that pack though! I had my old pack, hanging up in my old man cave (now my 4 year old daughters bedroom) anyway, I love getting parts in the mail, but i hate the waiting, checking tracking etc ;)
Lol...I'd love to display it, it really will be the most special thing I've ever had I think. Nearly a whole year spent getting the bits I need for it, all the research, all the questions...easily the most intense and painstaking of all my hobbies thus far.

A man cave...I just have a man cupboard lol. Where do you keep your pack now?

I love getting parts in the mail too. And yeah, I hate the waiting and all that as well, and I've never had so much of it! :wink:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I'll say what everyone else is thinking..............

YOU DARE put that pack into storage!!! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
LOL...I won't let you guys down. I've got a spare guitar stand ready to adapt for the purpose...
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I'll say what everyone else is thinking..............

YOU DARE put that pack into storage!!! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
LOL...I won't let you guys down. I've got a spare guitar stand ready to adapt for the purpose...
Good man!! This thing is going to be too beautiful to be put in storage
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Good man!! This thing is going to be too beautiful to be put in storage
Don't I know it! Been through too much just to have it put away out of sight - it needs to hang like a painting! :)
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Good man!! This thing is going to be too beautiful to be put in storage
Don't I know it! Been through too much just to have it put away out of sight - it needs to hang like a painting! :)
Yes, yes it does!! Not long now dude
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Yes, yes it does!! Not long now dude
I know!! :) Yay! I'm getting all the final little details tied up (washers etc), will post a few more mini-updates this week...Thanks for watching lol
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Yes, yes it does!! Not long now dude
I know!! :) Yay! I'm getting all the final little details tied up (washers etc), will post a few more mini-updates this week...Thanks for watching lol
My pleasure mate!! Looking forward to it
Venkman's Swagger wrote:My pleasure mate!! Looking forward to it

Cheers...looking forward to seeing more updates your end as well :)
Another mini update, pics to follow, but I've just got hold of some original, vintage 4mm yellow Nycoil tubing (second generation apparently), which has all the print on it, so this will be a great addition to the project...
Last edited by barison82 on May 11th, 2016, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi guys, I need some help!

I've just run into a bit of a hurdle regarding the Bargraph on the Thrower...I've just discovered that Benofkent Props use a Bargraph that is made up of: x15, 2mm LEDS

The GBFans one is apparently made up of x30, 1mm LEDS...

My Freeky Geeky Thrower has a bargraph cut to 'movie accurate' specification ( .3" x 1.44") - is this the compatible size for the GBFans bargraph?

It looks like the Benofkent Bargraph is not going to fit. I've looked at getting a GBFans kit instead (hoping it will fit) as a solution, but it is pre-order only, estimated shipping: 1 July 2016...My build starts in June :(

I did let Benarie know about the movie accurate cut-out some time back, but must have forgotten!

Looks like I'm stuffed!
These are the dimensions for the GBFans bargraph..........

Looks like the movie accurate length is a little longer but the width is about right. I would highly recommend getting Spongeface's bezel if you haven't already. Looks fantastic and will help with the extra length
barison82 liked this
Guys, thank you so much for responding so quickly with all this helpful information...

I'm going to look into getting the bezel from Spongeface right now...I need to see what I'm going to do about the light kit also!
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I would highly recommend getting Spongeface's bezel if you haven't already. Looks fantastic and will help with the extra length
Does Spongeface do light kits as well? I know I've seen his wand lights mentioned, but not sure if he does complete kits for the Thrower...

I've PM'd him just now anyway :)
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:I would highly recommend getting Spongeface's bezel if you haven't already. Looks fantastic and will help with the extra length
Does Spongeface do light kits as well? I know I've seen his wand lights mentioned, but not sure if he does complete kits for the Thrower...

I've PM'd him just now anyway :)
Hey man, he is the guy who makes the GBFans electronics kits. The bezel he makes just clips over the existing GBFans bargraph to make it look more screen accurate. I'll be going for one for my build
barison82 liked this
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Hey man, he is the guy who makes the GBFans electronics kits. The bezel he makes just clips over the existing GBFans bargraph to make it look more screen accurate. I'll be going for one for my build
LOL...my bad!

That's awesome. Thing is, I need to try and get an entire kit for the Thrower by the end of the month! Last minute panic. Thought I had this area covered until now!
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Hey man, he is the guy who makes the GBFans electronics kits. The bezel he makes just clips over the existing GBFans bargraph to make it look more screen accurate. I'll be going for one for my build
LOL...my bad!

That's awesome. Thing is, I need to try and get an entire kit for the Thrower by the end of the month! Last minute panic. Thought I had this area covered until now!
Ah I get ya!! He does commissions and has done 2 for me so he may be able to help you out within your timeframe
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Ah I get ya!! He does commissions and has done 2 for me so he may be able to help you out within your timeframe
This is very good news...fingers crossed!
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Ah I get ya!! He does commissions and has done 2 for me so he may be able to help you out within your timeframe
This is very good news...fingers crossed!
Let me know how things pan out dude
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Let me know how things pan out dude
I will do, thank you :) And thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
barison82 wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Let me know how things pan out dude
I will do, thank you :) And thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Nice one and you're welcome mate

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]