Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Jangonate
Anyone have links to the ghosts? Can't seem to find them, but maybe because they're sold out.

UPCs for the classic busters would be a huge thumbs up.
By pyhasanon
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:In the words of the great Dr. Peter Venkman, " I think these people are completely nuts." We're all arguing over the supply and demand of Ghostbusters toys that have been on shelves for 24 hours. My real question is, who cares? I feel like a lot of people on this board are trying to make arguments that support their assessment of whether or not the movie will be successful. The real answer is that none of us know. None of us have a clue.

That being said, I am very excited for the movie as I have been for the entire production. I love the toys and will buy them all, twice. Will the movie flop? Probably not. Will it be the biggest movie this summer? Probably not. Could it be either of those? Possibly. Do I spend too much money on toys? Definitely.
You're right, bud, I apologize I started it... I blame myself...

Carry on, my friends, not the place to argue... Let's enjoy all the cool merchandise!
By below_radar_00
Checked out another Walmart tonight...nothing. Crazy! I've checked four Walmart's now and only one had stuff. Glad to see that some things are hitting Amazon. Bout to grab a few things now!
By pyhasanon
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Phil!, Wasn't directed at you haha. I'm just excited about the toys and don't want to get caught up in all the craziness that comes with it.
I did start it, though, so I was apologizing...
By 910dohead
Here are the 4 classic Ghostbusters UPC's and sorry that I can't place who goes to which character.

The figure assortment # is DRT90.
887961344424 (DRT91)
887961344448 (DRT92)
887961344455 (DRT93)
887961344417 (DRT94)

Angry, Burnt Stay Puft is from assortment # DTK09 and is DRT52. His UPC is listed with the others I posted before but I will post it again. 887961343984. His walmart code is 550018638. I got lucky and found one of them about 2 hours ago.

There are also cool logo stickers also in the new packaging and those UPC's are 819871015934. Look around your toy aisle because these were randomly placed on clipstrips hanging nowhere near the actual toys.

I hope these numbers help everyone locate stock at your local walmart.

By Kingpin
featofstrength wrote:*REALLY? Someone forced a spoiler tag on me? Over an official product on shelves now? :boogieman:
Yes, because some folks may not want to know about that particular ghost before they see the film. Folks got annoyed when the LEGO set for the reboot revealed a story detail, so I figured I'd reduce the risk of a repeat.
deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
below_radar_00 wrote:
joeghostbuster wrote:my local Walmart had ZERO merchandise from the new movie. yet they still have a huge TMNT display for the new movie figures. I was considering getting a Jillian Holtz figure but no dice. the next closest toy store is a Toys R Us over an hour away :P
I wonder if some of these stores stock the toy shelves on a certain day or days or the week and the figures are just sitting in the back. I found it odd that one Target had all kinds of stuff while another one had zero. And same with Walmart. One had a few things, the other had zilch. I've never worked retail so I don't know how big box stores handle stuff like that but it just seemed plausible to me that it's all in the back waiting to be put out.
From my experience with hunting down Star Wars stuff: TRU usually stocks shelves on Saturday mornings and on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings. It depends if they are an A Store or a B Store. A Stores stock on Wednesdays because they get bigger shipments. Target likes to stock on Saturday night right before the weekly sales change over. Target also stocks the toy aisles on Tuesdays, or as the merchandise comes in. Walmart stocks whenever they feel like. But most Walmarts around me are open 24 hours. If you go into the store around 9:00/10:00 pm, you can see and catch all the new merchandise sitting on their trolley carts right before they put them on the shelves. Most Walmart employees don't mind if you open up the cardboard shipping boxes to take a peek. It saves them some work.
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:I'll just leave this here... ^_^ :love:

Phil, nice to see the girls are enjoying their proton packs. I hope they keep on busting.

So what plans do you have to improve the proton pack? Lights for the circular colander/mesh seems to be the easiest modification. You should get the LED lights I got for the Feig Pack build and put it in the mesh. The lights are $4.99 at Target and run of four AA batteries that should easily fit in the pack.
By pyhasanon
I've been thinking about it... They love the little projector light on it, they were playing with it for like a good 3 hours before they had to go to bed... I think for their entertainment, Sound Effects are priority, as they love playing with the sounds on my pack... For aesthetics sake, I think a more realistic paint job would come next... Adding lights to the cage is going to take some work, and a lot of drilling... Overall, it's actually a really well made toy, I was actually quite impressed by the build quality...
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:I've been thinking about it... They love the little projector light on it, they were playing with it for like a good 3 hours before they had to go to bed... I think for their entertainment, Sound Effects are priority, as they love playing with the sounds on my pack... For aesthetics sake, I think a more realistic paint job would come next... Adding lights to the cage is going to take some work, and a lot of drilling... Overall, it's actually a really well made toy, I was actually quite impressed by the build quality...
Well, the red hose has to go. Pick up the plastic hose with the wire reinforcing I used from Home Depot. It was like a $1.00 a foot.

For sound, I found an AR-15 toy gun at Walmart for $9.97. It had a light strip down the barrel, which would be useful in the toy Feig Pack. The toy gun had sound and a rumble motor too. So it shakes when the trigger is pulled. Look for a green or bright orange AR-15 at Walmart. The green version sells in a set for $14.97, but it also comes with a grenade that has a countdown sound, explosion sound and lights. The toy grenade can easily double as a proton grenade.
By featofstrength
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Jangonate wrote:Anyone have links to the ghosts? Can't seem to find them, but maybe because they're sold out.

UPCs for the classic busters would be a huge thumbs up.
Rowan
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Busters-6-R ... ters+rowan

Stay Puft Balloon
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Busters-Sta ... ft+balloon

Theater Ghost (Mayhem)
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Busters-The ... +6+theater

Kingpin wrote:
featofstrength wrote:*REALLY? Someone forced a spoiler tag on me? Over an official product on shelves now? :boogieman:
Yes, because some folks may not want to know about that particular ghost before they see the film. Folks got annoyed when the LEGO set for the reboot revealed a story detail, so I figured I'd reduce the risk of a repeat.
Gave up on the Rowan pics, huh?
By Kingpin
featofstrength wrote:Gave up on the Rowan pics, huh?
I dropped the ball regarding Rowan, though at the time that the photos of him started appearing we didn't know he'd end up being the big bad.
By below_radar_00
Went to three more stores today. Two Walmarts and a Target. Nothing. Not even a placeholder for any of the merchandise. We asked a guy in the toy department at Walmart and he said they hadn't received anything Ghostbusters related.
By DarkSpectre
I'm starting to wonder about my local Waltucky too. I've stopped in the past couple of days and nothing. No peg hooks, no center aisle display , nothing. Can stores pick what they choose to carry? I'd really like that Ecto Classic 2 pack
By below_radar_00
DarkSpectre wrote:I'm starting to wonder about my local Waltucky too. I've stopped in the past couple of days and nothing. No peg hooks, no center aisle display , nothing. Can stores pick what they choose to carry? I'd really like that Ecto Classic 2 pack
I really want both of the New Hotwheels sets but I haven't seen those anywhere and that's after 1 TRU, 5 Walmarts, and 3 Targets. I haven't seen any Ecto Minis either and only one Holtzman figure. It's slim pickens for sure!
By Jangonate
Just need that classic Ecto pack, too. Found the 6" figs at Walmart. I was looking and almost missed them. They were stashed on the bottom shelf with the black bottom of the box facing out.

Ordered the ghosts from Amazon. Thanks Featofstrength.
By DarkSpectre
I'm wondering if some stores won't be carrying any of it. I've checked my Walmart every day this week and nothing. There not even a place that they could possibly even go. Gotta love Walmart
By goldenhawk
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:My Walmart had boxes in the back but told me they were not out on shelves yet because they didn't have room. Pretty lame.
Why don't you ask to buy some of it to help resolve their situation with shelf space. From my search for SW stuff, the managers have been pretty cool about bringing out boxes from the back. But when they open them, I kindly help them put the stuff I don't want on the shelves. If it has been a slow day for their department, they are more willing to help make the sales to meet their daily targets too.
By 910dohead
Persistence pays off! I finally found the 4 classic Ghostbusters and I found the mini trap! I picked it up for a friend and was totally surprised I found it. It's pretty cool as it folds into a mini playset
This Post Contains Spoilers

These are basically the removable pack Ghostbusters minus the streams. Other than the collect-and-connect No-Ghost Logo, there are no accessories with these. Also, the easiest way to tell these apart from any of the other Matty figures is there are no black patches on the elbow pads. Apparently, Mattel couldn't spring for the extra penny per figure to paint them on. So if you haven't been able to pick up the removable pack sets you can now and save a little money.

Here is a shot of my setup and how good they all look together. Plus showing off that awesome glow in the dark no-ghost logo. Makes for a great centerpiece!

By B-Rad
hmm now to figure out if I should keep an eye out for those or just bite the bullet and get them direct from matty so I can get the streams. Ended up selling all my matty stuff with the exception of the Rookie in anticipation of the DST's. After seeing the quality of the DST's I'd like to just get the 4 guys in uniform from matty again.

Been stopping at different targets and my local walmart on my way home from work these past 2 days and still nothin. Only thing I'm really looking for left that I want was the 2 pack hotwheel ecto 1 & 1a.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]