Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By below_radar_00
Doctor Venkman wrote:I'm done looking. I'm sick of it. I've looked at Target, TRU, and Walmart (been to 6 different Walmarts) each of the past 4 days and nothing. Not wasting my time anymore.
You can get the four ladies and the three ghosts on Amazon right now for about same price that you would at your local retail store. I had to resort to buying another set of the three ghosts on there and another Holtzman so I could have my duplicates.

Unfortunately I can't find the Hot Wheels two packs, the classic GB's, or the Ecto Minis anywhere outside of eBay for double or triple price. I'll just wait until Amazon gets those or Target.com decides to put them up. We only have one TRU within 100 miles of me and I've already been to that one. There's only two Walmarts left that I haven't visited and I don't plan on making the long trip to those or the last Target I haven't visited.

I think it's just too early still. These are mostly toys for kids and I bet most kids don't know about this movie yet. Once the TV spots start airing and the movie comes out, I bet this stuff will be easier to find. By then the collectors will have what they want too so I'm sure that will help. People like me went into Walmart and cleaned out their entire stock in an instant. LOL
By Travis Burrell
I just got off the phone with one of the toys R us stores by me and they said they aren't to be released to the public until May 10 another store that I spoke to said they had some stuff available now it could be one of two things they either did not see the public release date where they are old items. I am going to that one as soon as I get out of work
By below_radar_00
Travis Burrell wrote:I just got off the phone with one of the toys R us stores by me and they said they aren't to be released to the public until May 10 another store that I spoke to said they had some stuff available now it could be one of two things they either did not see the public release date where they are old items. I am going to that one as soon as I get out of work
Interesting to hear the May 10th date. I didn't hear that at my local TRU (who did have stuff out) but the May 10 makes some sense since none of this is listed on the website yet.
By below_radar_00
DarkSpectre wrote:Wonder if some Walmarts are going by that date as well.
That makes sense too. Maybe the May 1st date we heard was just for Target because they are the only ones with everything on their website. I guess we'll find out next week.
By Travis Burrell
I am pretty sure the release date is standard for everywhere. When I used to work my second job in the evenings at CVS there would be DVDs that were shipped in and none of the stores in my area were allowed to set that stuff out until the release date printed on the top of the package. What is probably happening is much like what happened at our store...

People who are receiving product from their distribution center or from their vendors via UPS or FedEx are signing for these items and then immediately transferring the product in and opening the box without looking at that release date. Therefore product you are seeing that is currently out... should NOT be out. lol. Also, it is why you are seeing stuff for sale online like ebay. Some store employees are probably either stealing the product and selling it online now or they have purchased it as soon as they get it in the store and selling it online.

Im going to check out the one store that said they had some product out now and see whats out. If there is 2016 stuff, im grabbing it now. lol.
By below_radar_00
Travis Burrell wrote:I am pretty sure the release date is standard for everywhere. When I used to work my second job in the evenings at CVS there would be DVDs that were shipped in and none of the stores in my area were allowed to set that stuff out until the release date printed on the top of the package. What is probably happening is much like what happened at our store...

People who are receiving product from their distribution center or from their vendors via UPS or FedEx are signing for these items and then immediately transferring the product in and opening the box without looking at that release date. Therefore product you are seeing that is currently out... should NOT be out. lol. Also, it is why you are seeing stuff for sale online like ebay. Some store employees are probably either stealing the product and selling it online now or they have purchased it as soon as they get it in the store and selling it online.

Im going to check out the one store that said they had some product out now and see whats out. If there is 2016 stuff, im grabbing it now. lol.
So you're thinking that the street date is May 10th for everyone? The only problem with that theory is that we heard last week (or the week before) that May 1st was the release date and May 1st seems to be the date the three places I found stuff at put things out. I was at the Target two days prior, TRU two days prior, and Walmart the day before and none of them had any GB stuff out. I also checked all the websites the on April 30th and nothing was up but at 8am on May 1st all the items were on Target.com all of the sudden.

I guess we may never know what's going on but my best guess is that Target had first dibs with May 1st and that's why that date was leaked and why it all went live on their website that day. And the rest have a May 10th date and some just put the stuff out right away while others have it sitting in the back or haven't received their shipment yet. That's just what I'm gathering from putting some of the pieces together.
By Travis Burrell
below_radar_00 wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:I am pretty sure the release date is standard for everywhere. When I used to work my second job in the evenings at CVS there would be DVDs that were shipped in and none of the stores in my area were allowed to set that stuff out until the release date printed on the top of the package. What is probably happening is much like what happened at our store...

So you're thinking that the street date is May 10th for everyone? The only problem with that theory is that we heard last week (or the week before) that May 1st was the release date and May 1st seems to be the date the three places I found stuff at put things out. I was at the Target two days prior, TRU two days prior, and Walmart the day before and none of them had any GB stuff out. I also checked all the websites the on April 30th and nothing was up but at 8am on May 1st all the items were on Target.com all of the sudden.

I guess we may never know what's going on but my best guess is that Target had first dibs with May 1st and that's why that date was leaked and why it all went live on their website that day. And the rest have a May 10th date and some just put the stuff out right away while others have it sitting in the back or haven't received their shipment yet. That's just what I'm gathering from putting some of the pieces together.
Who the hell knows. lol. it could be a State to State kinda thing? Not sure. Im just mentioning from my experience working in retail.
By below_radar_00
Travis Burrell wrote:
Who the hell knows. lol. it could be a State to State kinda thing? Not sure. Im just mentioning from my experience working in retail.
LOL. See...if these places would just have this stuff on the shelves we wouldn't be bored and on the forums posting theories on where all this crap is. Instead, we'd be busy playing with all our toys. Oh...I mean...we'd be busy putting them on our shelves to just look at. None of us play with toys. Carry on.
By Travis Burrell
Im not against it. Also as I said, its not to be released until May 10th in my area... I found a Toys R Us in my area that didnt read directions very well. lmao...

DaveLister liked this
By Kingpin
Thanks for the photos, Travis. Would you be able to post a high res shot/scan of the full title logo? I'd like to take a crack at replicating it.
By SpaceBallz
Just out of curiosity I went through my wal-mart toy section, not a damn GB item.
By EJLambert
I've only found GB16 merchandise at Toys R Us and nowhere else.
By Travis Burrell
Kingpin wrote:Thanks for the photos, Travis. Would you be able to post a high res shot/scan of the full title logo? I'd like to take a crack at replicating it.
Yeah I can do that soon here.

Here were some versions I created a while back......

By DarkSpectre
joeghostbuster wrote:Ive never seen this phenomenon. a ton of merchandise produced for a film that everyone claims to be totally against, yet no one can find any of the merchandise in stores.
That's because half the retailers haven't put product to shelf yet, Joe. And I'm only out for the classic stuff. the reboot stuff can rot on a peg hook. And it's not like there are huge displays for this stuff, most of the pics I've seen its a very small section when compared to well just about everything else.
deadderek liked this
By Travis Burrell
Forgot to upload another image.

For the price I paid for this stupid thing. The yellow beacon on the top should light up also. Im actually thinking of returning this stuff because of the price. lol. Ridiculous.

The car was like 15.
each figure was 20
the mini figures are 10 each
the pack sells for 30
By EddieSpenser
Ghost Corps has posted pictures of the Ghostbusters X Nas clothing line. Like the new movie, they didn't have the fanbase in mind during the creation process.
By Kingpin
Travis Burrell wrote:For the price I paid for this stupid thing. The yellow beacon on the top should light up also.
What element of the car lights up? Is it Slimer?
By AJ Quick
Guys. You are all correct in that Target and a few physical retailers REALLY jumped the shark on this one. A lot of this stuff wasn't supposed to be sold until later in May.

Ghostbusters Fans is an official retailer of this merchandise, and those stores really set us back with our shipments. We will have basically all the merchandise available, and at the original retail price. Don't fret if you can't find it in stores, we'll have it here.

http://www.gbfans.com/shop/ghostbusters-2016/

I've already uploaded a few of the products, but I do have many more to add.

Note that we don't get our shipments until later, but note that I've had this stuff ordered for a few months.. so its all coming.
joeghostbuster liked this

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]