Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I see the haters still feel the need to vent over every little thing without having seen how the particular scene in question is executed.
Hey, all I'm saying is the way the scene was described in the article, sounded very similar to the IM scene. Not venting, just comparing.
Sorry mate, it was not pointed at you. I understand the comparison, though we still have to wait and see. I should have quoted pompadour to make it more clear.
Alphagaia wrote:
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:
Hey, all I'm saying is the way the scene was described in the article, sounded very similar to the IM scene. Not venting, just comparing.
Sorry mate, it was not pointed at you. I understand the comparison, though we still have to wait and see. I should have quoted pompadour to make it more clear.
It doesn't matter how the scene is executed. If a proton stream is being used to elevate a person into the air, it's an automatic fail. As if the director and screenwriter set out to make this as much like a Marvel superhero movie as possible while still retaining Feig's flat sense of humor.

I don't know what this is, mate, but it's not Ghostbusters.

seekandannoy liked this
All opinion, I personally think it's cool, along with all the rest of the new props (except for the car, it's horrendous looking, in MY OPINION)... Also, the RGB cartoon and IDW series had all kinds of neat equipment too, so YOU may not think it's Ghostbusters, but if the equipment is being used to defeat ghosts, sure sounds like something that goes well in the universe... Plus, there were fan props made similar to this that were applauded as well, so if anything, it may even have been inspired by the fandom, which I think is a cool homage to the fans... So there...
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
Hey guys, I host a podcast called 'Yes Have Some' and we had Paul Feig on last night for about 30 minutes. He was super open and we talked GB2016, the future of the franchise, toys, and more. Also, some amazing words about Harold Ramis' family and their involvement with the new movie.

Direct link below

http://traffic.libsyn.com/yeshavesomeca ... 4_2016.mp3

http://www.yeshavesomecast.com
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:I wonder if one would say the same if the GB2 trailer introduced the slime gun with 2 seconds of Janosz getting slimed.
God forbid they introduce new tech.
Anticipation for a movie was a lot easier before the Internet.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I wonder if one would say the same if the GB2 trailer introduced the slime gun with 2 seconds of Janosz getting slimed.
God forbid they introduce new tech.
Just imagine if GB2 was made today with the pictures leaking out with the guys dripping in slime from head to toe, janines and slimers do overs, and the big bad is leaked as Janozs in nanny uniform.

They are doing the slime gag again!
That's not how Slimer or Janine looks!
That's not a scary villain!
Last edited by Alphagaia on May 5th, 2016, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Just imagine if GB2 was made today with the pictures leaking out with the guys dripping in slime from head to toe, janines and slimers do overs, and the big bad is leaked as Janozs in nanny uniform.
You know how the GBII trailer it's all dramatic and creepy at first, and then the first time we see the Ghostbusters it's the, "Suck in the guts, guys" line? I can imagine complaints about how that's "far below the wit of the original." :wink:
LOL! Alright, I love you guys... ^_^ :love:
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:And you can hate him if you want. Just make sure you hate him for the right reasons.

Feigs desire to use his own political agenda, e.a. casting women has nothing to do with it being a reboot. In the article stated above he said he could have made them daughters of the original GB, but he wanted the tech and ghosts to be unknown things as well. In short, his political agenda had nothing to do with it being a reboot or being at the expense of this movie.

Cassidy was trolling Feig every day on his twitter and who Feig told to f*** off in that famous tweet of his. Cassidy was banned here for shunning anyone who would don the new GB16 packs and uniforms during conventions, even if they were kids, and various hate filled remarks regarding Feig. The guy was an extreme tool.
Cassidy sounds like a swell guy. I'm sure we would have gotten along swimmingly. I wouldn't shun kids, but trolling Feig to the point of lashing out is kinda awesome. If I used twitter, I likely would've done the same thing. Well done, Cassidy. Well done.
...and we wonder why the world is falling apart...
Egon's Pompadour wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:...and we wonder why the world is falling apart...
Because Hollywood keeps making shitty reboots?
Because everybody wants to be an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole... and they enjoy it, for no particular reason...
Kingpin liked this
Im not a fan of Feig. I do give him credit for joining the "Yes have some" pod cast. I still have to watch/listen to it and would like to expect some good, tough questions. Not a soft ball interview. It's apparent that Pompadour isn't going to contribute any constructive criticism or debate here. It's obvious he has to have the last word. Striving to be Cassidy's replacement isn't a good thing. You can be critical, it's not necessary to insult people.
Alphagaia liked this
timeware wrote:Im not a fan of Feig. I do give him credit for joining the "Yes have some" pod cast. I still have to watch/listen to it and would like to expect some good, tough questions. Not a soft ball interview. It's apparent that Pompadour isn't going to contribute any constructive criticism or debate here. It's obvious he has to have the last word. Striving to be Cassidy's replacement isn't a good thing. You can be critical, it's not necessary to insult people.
Constructive criticism? Criticism is only constructive if it can have a positive effect on an outcome. As pertaining to this atrocity known as "Ghostbusters 2016," no amount of criticism is going to alter its course at this point. SONY made sure that all of its decisions were made in a vacuum which disregarded any input from fans, or even Ivan Reitman.

Let me get this straight, when someone called me an asshole, you had nothing to say about that; but when I called Paul Feig an asshole, then suddenly it became a problem?
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]