Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
Was that in the version that never got outside of Japan?
I didn't knew that Americans pretty much remade all of the Episodes, until a few years back.
Maybe they thought it wouldn't be a big hit if they keep the asian cast and only make a dub.
CPU64 wrote:Makes me appreciate the 80s originals even more!
90s, not 80s.
Skyknight wrote:Was that in the version that never got outside of Japan?
No, that was the version that Mighty Morphin was based on. Pink has a dress because the original ranger in Japan was a girl while yellow was a guy which is why the costume didn't have a dress.
I'm pretty sure the yellow in Mighty Morphin also had a skirt, only the japanese didn't because it was a guy there. And MM was also the first Power Rangers that was released outside of Japan, so most ppl don't know anything that came before that!
so when are they gonna do an 'american Kamen Rider' movie and yes i already know about Saban's Masked Rider (which was adapted from Kamen Rider Black RX) and Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (adapted from Kamen Rider Ryuuki) or a Metal Hero movie
Skyknight wrote:I'm pretty sure the yellow in Mighty Morphin also had a skirt, only the japanese didn't because it was a guy there.
Nope, she didn't. Mighty Morphin used stock footage from Zyuranger, so to keep the continuity with the footage, they didn't give her a skirt. This is done with ALL Power Rangers series. If the Japanese costume didn't have it, the american one wouldn't have it because it would be a major continuity problem.

Yeah, I know. But the majority of the ranger fights were complied from Zyuranger, and the footage Toei shot that was specifically only used for Power Rangers using the Zyuranger costumes. When they used Dairanger footage it was mainly the zords and Kiba Ranger footage, and sometimes the strangely mixed fight footage with Daijujin and Dairanger monsters, which looked choppy. Kakuranger was pretty brief.
i'm more of a Kamen Rider fan but i wish they would've done more of the team up episodes and i wonder if Dino Charge will adapt the movie Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters: The Great Dinosaur Battle! Farewell Our Eternal Friends, and from what i've heard the next one to be adapted will be Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
80sguy wrote:
CPU64 wrote:Makes me appreciate the 80s originals even more!
90s, not 80s.
Dengeki Sentai Changeman 1985 to 1986

Choushinsei flashman 1986 to 1987

Sure MMPR was a straight adaptation of Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger in he 90s, but the takosatsu genre stated out decades earlier.
Since you said original, it sounded like you meant Zyuranger. You're technically wrong about the "80s original" because the series started in 1975, not the 80s, starting with Goranger so really it's the 70s that is the original while the 80s is the subsequent spin offs.
CPU64 liked this
80sguy wrote:
Skyknight wrote:I'm pretty sure the yellow in Mighty Morphin also had a skirt, only the japanese didn't because it was a guy there.
Nope, she didn't. Mighty Morphin used stock footage from Zyuranger, so to keep the continuity with the footage, they didn't give her a skirt. This is done with ALL Power Rangers series. If the Japanese costume didn't have it, the american one wouldn't have it because it would be a major continuity problem.
But what about this comparison shot between old and new?
You can clearly see the yellow ranger has a skirt in this one. And the the color patterns of the suits and the style of the helmets indicate that's clearly MMPR!
That's from Gokaiger/Super Megaforce, NOT Mighty Morphin. The rangers are able to use the past powers of the other rangers and the suit adds a dress whenever a girl uses the if the power belonged to a guy, like wise the dress is removed if a guy uses powers blonging to a girl. Zyuranger's yellow was a guy, hence in the sentai the dress was added because that sentai series yellow who used the power was a girl. Again, yellow NEVER wore a dress.
meleeguy liked this
a lot of people used to think Battle Fever J was the 'first' of the super sentai shows but it wasn't till 1995 when Himitsu Sentai Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai were officially added to the super sentai roster, if you want to watch a dark Tokusatsu series look up Garo
I'm interested in seeing the new costumes move. They look like a blend between the MMPR movie from the 90's and the psycho ranger's from the space series. I thought I had read that the movie will cross into the next season of Power Rangers? That might rule out Jason David Frank playing Zordon.

No one has been cast as the green ranger yet. They may be saving him for a sequel or an after credits scene leading up to the next film. I'm sure Frank will have some involvement in the film either as a trainer, or a cameo. If they are planning on crossing the movie into the series they could just have Dr.Oliver show up in the new green ranger costume to aid the rangers at some point. My only gripe so far is how they totally changed Rita Repulsa.
80sguy wrote:That's from Gokaiger/Super Megaforce, NOT Mighty Morphin. The rangers are able to use the past powers of the other rangers and the suit adds a dress whenever a girl uses the if the power belonged to a guy, like wise the dress is removed if a guy uses powers blonging to a girl. Zyuranger's yellow was a guy, hence in the sentai the dress was added because that sentai series yellow who used the power was a girl. Again, yellow NEVER wore a dress.
Oh? I didn't know. My memory betrayed me on this one! To be fair, it was 20 years ago and I grew out of Power Rangers after Mighty Morphin ended. Only occasionally watched an episode here and there of the follow up shows and I think the last one I had seen any episodes from was Dino Thunder. Lots of nostalgia in that one, going back to Dinosaurs and bring back the guy who was once the Green Ranger!
Don't really know if I should watch the new movie. I fear all the monsters would most likely be played by the same guy in a green suit and replaced by CGI!
She was in possession of the green ranger coin in the beginning. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to have Rita actually use it while battling the rangers. It would be a good set up for the sequel. Rangers defeat Rita, gain a new member enter Lord Zedd wearing the former Rita Madonna cones.
Skyknight wrote:Oh? I didn't know. My memory betrayed me on this one! To be fair, it was 20 years ago and I grew out of Power Rangers after Mighty Morphin ended.
Yep, yellow with a skirt is from this episode, the footage was reused from Gokaiger. Essentially, it's rangers changing into other rangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeZ2JvGsG6s
timeware wrote:I'm sure Frank will have some involvement in the film either as a trainer, or a cameo.
I kind of getting sick of seeing him actually. We already got to see him in the previous season for the Legendary Battle, and he's been pretty much the only ranger actor from MMPR other than Johnny Yong Bosche to make an appearance; and the last time we saw Austin St. John for was in Wildforce.
timeware wrote:She was in possession of the green ranger coin in the beginning. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to have Rita actually use it while battling the rangers. It would be a good set up for the sequel. Rangers defeat Rita, gain a new member enter Lord Zedd wearing the former Rita Madonna cones.
[/quote]

There are set photos of her in another costume, a brown tattered dress, so I think it's a safe assumption that she uses the Green Ranger coin. Also looking at her the first official photo of her where she's wearing a green outfit, you can see some similarities in it compared to the ranger suits.

DarkSpectre wrote:New Power Rangers suits have been revealed from the upcoming reboot

http://www.superherohype.com/news/37335 ... d#/slide/1

Was there really a need to give Kim and Trini heels?
Well, I guess if the redhead in Jurassic World can outrun a T-Rex while wearing high heels then anything is possible.

If I recall correctly, those silly putties never actually fought anyway. All they did was contort their bodies and make weird sounds. I'm kind of embarrassed for having liked Power Rangers as a kid.

This short unofficial video is way better. And look! It's James Vanderbeek from Dawson's Creek!

I definitely think they're too busy, too metallic, too much armor, don't represent the individual dinosaurs enough, and you can't even see the morphers that clearly.

All in all, it could be a lot worse, but I'm definitely not super impressed at this point.

The Rita theory at first didn't make sense to me, but I guess it wouldn't be the worst possible plot.

The one thing, I saw someone else point this out, and now I can't unsee it. The Red Ranger looks almost exactly like Lord Zedd. It's kinda weird.

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]