Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By YHSCraig
Hey everyone, I wasn't going to start a new thread for this but I thought the conversation that we had with Paul on Yes Have Some last night was something that every Ghostbusters fan would want to listen to. Paul joined myself, Abigail, Jake Walsh, and Dan Harshman to have an open discussion about GB 2016, the new toys, Harold Ramis, and the future of the franchise. Direct link below, interview starts at about the 27:00 minute mark.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/yeshavesomeca ... 4_2016.mp3
Alphagaia, Troy, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Since I can't fully understand the spoken English (Feig talks in a strange way) would it be too much of a hurdle to send me a pm with an extensive description of what he said about those topics? :)
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:He said it would be hard for them to retcon the reboot into a multiverse, since he didn't design it as such.
I'm trying to figure out how that would be hard. No, no mention in the movie of other timelines where there were Ghostbusters back in the 1980's, sure. But what, there's a line in the movie definitively saying Bell's Theorem is wrong in their continuity and other universes, even ones where, say, ghosts come from, absolutely positively don't exist?

I realize he's probably sick to death about hearing people slagging this movie, but that sounds like a really stupid answer at first blush.
SpaceBallz liked this
He's saying he's spent years planning story and franchise that doesn't affect the other timeline, so as not to disservice it. He's not taking theoretical physics into account, he's just tired of minimizing what he's done in hopes that it will placate some nerds. A stupid answer would be "No, I don't care about how two timelines reconcile with each other." He's being extremely diplomatic and careful not to exclude someone else's ideas that might come into play later on.

Also, it's incredibly cool of him to call into your podcast, Craig. I can think of zero other Hollywood directors who would've done such a thing.
YHSCraig liked this
Yeah, it was really awesome. He was super open and honest and genuinely seems like one of the nicest people you could speak with. The Harold Ramis bit was especially touching and just knowing how much care and effort has gone into the film is enough for me at this point.

Thanks for checking this out guys!
I had goose bumps and almost shed a tear hearing that the Ramis family is involved!!!! The fact that the Ramis family will be doing cameos in this is just incredible and great!
YHSCraig liked this
Thanks for sharing the link, Craig. That was a fun listen. The stories of trying to find toys. Oi.

Fantastic to hear some of the Ramis family will appear.

On the "barrage of multiverse" questions ;) -- I hope Feig doesn't get asked this a lot. It sounds like he made a brief off hand comment during the set visits in September and didn't really think too much about the topic. Y'know, like asking him right now, what's his plan for the sequel. He's just doing a movie. If anything, it's Mr. Reitman and Aykroyd who should be asked about it since they're the face of Ghostcorps and are overseeing the franchise.
devilmanozzy wrote:Craig, this was a amazing interview you and your friends did with Paul. Very glad to hear that in a little way Harold Ramis is being remembered/honored in the film. :cool:
Thanks a lot! It was a ton of fun getting to chat with him.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]