By zeta otaku
Has anyone attempted to retrofit a Matty trap to do this? I know that cartridge is maxed out as far as electronics go, but the body housing is pretty hollow where the handle is. All it would have to do is (man, are THOSE famous last words) complete the same circuit the physical switch in the foot pedal completes. Thoughts?
By CPU64
You mean eliminate the cord completely like in the game?
I'm making to work with air, but still keeping the hose in between.
By zeta otaku
Yeah, very similar to the game, but have the remote trigger on the thrower or something, but yeah, no cable between the trap and the trigger to activate it.
By pyhasanon
Just a matter of finding them and making them common knowledge... Hmmm... If I get the time, I'll do some research...
zeta otaku liked this
By zeta otaku
Yeah, there's gotta be a cheaper solution. Maybe a simple R/F transmitter/receiver.

Ugh, it's depressing how far I've let my electronics expertise decay.
By pyhasanon
Dude, you're telling me, I had an Electronics Degree, but until I worked on my Proton Pack last year, I haven't touched anything in an engineering perspective for almost 10 years... I'm insanely rusty...
By zeta otaku
On a slightly brighter note, my dad informed me of a spare remote doorbell we have. I figure I can remove the digital chime and wire into where the button on the trap pedal activates the trap. With luck, I can make everything fir inside the trap, otherwise I'm building some of the video game add on gear to house this ^_^
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
Thinking of this setup for mine:

• - YouPro YP-860 E3 2.4G Wireless Remote Control Shutter Release
    - Smallrig® Cold Shoe with 1/4" Screw Slot
    - 2.5Mm Metal Audio Coupler
By zeta otaku
So, ordered the Yongnuo, but first I'm going to try out my original idea of an electronic doorbell. My dad managed to find an old one (still works!) in his basement, so this weekend I might be ripping into those guts and seeing what I can rig up. Worst case, I just fall back on the remote flash plan :D
By zeta otaku
Got the Yongnuo in today... gotta make a Radio Shack run to get a cable or something. There's a mini-stereo jack on the device which then leads to a proprietary male connection which I presume is for a camera. I'm wondering if I can just get a stereo cable and just run it to the trap and have it work... otherwise I'm out $30... not a huge deal, but still...
By zeta otaku
It's definitely dual channel, so I'll stick with that. Still haven't gotten to Radio Shack, but at least I know what I need: a short stereo cable, a 3/32 to 1/8 adapter and a coupler. I'm debating on just MAKING a 3/32 male to 1/8 female cable if this setup works. We should have an answer in a few hours :D (long day at work, I need a nap...)
By zeta otaku
progress delay until AFTER a full night sleep. I'm going to have to make my own wire for this since the Radio Shack near me is crappy with stocking components. Update (hopefully with a successful video) tomorrow.
By zeta otaku
That's actually what I'm going to end up doing. After opening the trap body AND the receiver, I COULD in theory, internalize everything by wiring in the receiver to the trap's battery pack (well, half of it) and replacing the trap's power switch with an actual DPST toggle (something I've been wanting to replace on my old one for a WHILE now...), but I'm honestly not very good with soldering... like, at all. I can do it, but it's a mess and these littler transmitters are all printed circuits and I KNOW I'm going to end up shorting something out.

What I WILL do is attach the square clip I removed from one (they could interlock for some reason...) and attach it to the angled side of the rear of the trap so I can completely remove it if I want (leaving a 1"x 1" square).
By zeta otaku
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I'll be totally honest, the wire I built was CRAP, so what I did was I bought a female/female adapter and used the stock wire it came with. There IS a little glitch I'm finding with this set up. You can't just CLOSE the trap right away. Turn everything on, activate the trap... and let it sit for a few seconds, THEN press the trigger again and it'll close fine. I'm trying out another model of remote flash trigger this weekend which will hopefully not have this issue (and if it does, oh well, back it goes and I'll stick with what I have :D )

This is the female/female adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited- ... ge_o02_s00

Also, just checked my trap. You have to wait for the 5th hum before hitting the trigger for it to close normally.
By zeta otaku
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

OKAY! FINAL UPDATE!

I had some time and replaced the Yongnuo devices with this set up:

http://www.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-Wire ... ge_o02_s00

WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! Set the receiver to CAMERA and the remote works JUST as well as the physical pedal. 1000% better! I am absolutely thrilled!

Now, I'll upload a video later or tomorrow... I need to get to the theater to see Civil War :D

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]