Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Doctor Venkman
Heroic35 wrote:
Liquidphoenix wrote:Spoiler, Male buster with the original pack is not just a head swap and wand swap. It's a totally different mold and just a bit larger scale then Classics figures. Man...it would be awesome if all along they have been lying to us or added our "real" Ghostbusters into this film. I'm still 90% not sold on new film but time could change that.

So far I've picked up all the classic ecto mini figures(12) and 4 of the new buster mini wave figures (ones not found in 3pk). Also, Hot Wheel 2 pk of new Ectos and classic Ecto and A1.
From the classic Walmart wave. Peter, Ray and the real Stay Puft not that balloon stunt. My search is showing me Puft goes fast, and classics are gone soon as someone finds out they are there. New busters are left on the pegs along with Rowan. I'm hoping to find Egon and Winston in my travels tomorrow. Walmart toy guy told me their reset happens tonight if not tomorrow.
Not the balloon Puft...? Am I missing something? I thought that was the only Puft toy that came out?

I'd guess the hook on the Vick is for either the trap or blaster. Makes it easy to grab for kids.
There's a Classic Stay Puft as well.

By RedWithEvil
This is probably obvious, but is there any difference between Stay Puft and balloon ghost aside from the different head and some battle damage? Is the body mold the same? Does the classics stay puft still have the balloon seams?

And aside from that, I finally picked up some of the classic ecto minis. Granted, I know Cryptozoic or whatever is going to have blind bags, and Titans vinyls are coming out with some stuff later in the year, etc. But, I think the ecto minis are neat little cheapy things. Kudos to those who put the codes up for those! Very cool!

I saw a YouTube vid about someone hoping they make a classic Ecto-1 for the minis, and/or a classic ghost trap playset. Those would be interesting items, but I still think a classic proton pack would of been cute. I think it's awesome there's 2 versions of new GB merch.
By Liquidphoenix
Classic Puft has no balloon plastic mold lines, has a different head, and a BD paint job.

New Puft is a balloon, different head, arms, and legs each with balloon lines. His core looks like the only part between the 2 figures that were shared.
By gold333
I live in Europe, NL to be specific.

Could someone be bothered to buy and ship us the rerelease of the classic GB figures with the parts set of the original no ghost logo?

If I pay in advance and pay you $15 for your trouble?
By Heroic35
gold333 wrote:I live in Europe, NL to be specific.

Could someone be bothered to buy and ship us the rerelease of the classic GB figures with the parts set of the original no ghost logo?

If I could find them, I would definitely take you up on this.

I JUST found the girls tonight and picked up a Holtzmann.
gold333 liked this
By RedWithEvil
I think the classics stay puft would be kind of cool. Altho, I've always been sorta "meh" about battery figures that are carded. That isn't very collector friendly.

I don't why people are getting excited about the classic busters though. The 30th anniversary 2 packs are the definitive versions of these characters in my opinion.
By Doctor Venkman
RedWithEvil wrote:I think the classics stay puft would be kind of cool. Altho, I've always been sorta "meh" about battery figures that are carded. That isn't very collector friendly.

I don't why people are getting excited about the classic busters though. The 30th anniversary 2 packs are the definitive versions of these characters in my opinion.
While I sort of agree, that the 30th Anniversary 2-packs were better (due to the stands and streams... otherwise the figures are identical)... I think people are excited because the Build-A-Figure No Ghost logo is pretty awesome. I was fortunate enough to find someone who wanted the figures but not the logo, so I chipped in on shipping and we made a good deal, and I got the logo. It's a really neat figure and the glow-in-the-dark feature works really well.
By Doctor Venkman
gold333 wrote:I live in Europe, NL to be specific.

If I manage to find another set I'll let you know. I just sent a set over to the UK for someone.

The Walmart by me only has Ray and Venkman right now (as they're the ones that are packed two to a case... someone grabbed the Egon and Winston already).
Kingpin, gold333 liked this
By henz
RedWithEvil wrote:I don't why people are getting excited about the classic busters though. The 30th anniversary 2 packs are the definitive versions of these characters in my opinion.
For me, these releases are significant for being released to stores. Avoiding Matty Collector and ebay is a fantastic thing. The figures themselves are nothing special.
Kingpin liked this
By Oozerboozer85

I'm new here. And I've been kind of a semi fan of Ghostbusters from the movie to the TV series though I can barely remember any memories since it seemed so so short-lived now I'm a big fan of the original films and cartoon I'm also very open-minded with the new Reboot film I'm actually pretty happy with the new action figures and all the merchandise that's coming out espeespecially ecto cooler.

Anyways I ordered these two figures last week from Toys R Us and I got them today on Friday and yeah they're pretty awesome in my opinion
By CaptCyan
henz wrote:
RedWithEvil wrote:I don't why people are getting excited about the classic busters though. The 30th anniversary 2 packs are the definitive versions of these characters in my opinion.
For me, these releases are significant for being released to stores. Avoiding Matty Collector and ebay is a fantastic thing. The figures themselves are nothing special.
You're both wrong...and both right!

Red is right that the 30th Anniversary figures were the definitive figures as far as Matty Collector fare was concerned. He's wrong because these are the exact same figures only with a Build A Figure instead of Stands and Streams.

My friend Henz is right that you avoid eBay and the Matty Collector / Digital River clusterpussbucket. He's wrong because these are the Gloved Figures with Removable Packs that took years of P&M over at Matty Collector to finally get them made and not cost you $50.00 a pop for only 2 (plus shipping). That makes them special.
By CaptCyan
With Holtzman and Tolan being the short pack figures, it's not much of a surprise that the price on Gabler dropped. I would have expected Yates to do the same, unless she's the "Venkman toy" of the group.

For those who don't remember, the short version is, Matty Collector said that the only figure that sold to expectations was Venkman. All the other figures undersold which lead to the demise of their Ghostbuster line.
By petesapie
Kingpin wrote:Gabler? Silly Walmart, he name is Gilbert.
I think amazon has her listed as gabler too. Gilbert was 13.47 on walmart.com just the other day, managed to order two at that price.
By dudeurock
This kills me. I've searched about 5 local WalMarts and none of them have the Ghostbusters merchandise. Completely sold out for weeks. I'm not sure if this is something they are likely to restock or not.
By B-Rad
Most of the stores around me now have a spot for the merchandise it's just either they haven't got anything to put out yet or they have very little with still empty pegs. So it may be that your Walmart just hasn't received any stock yet or they are going out as quickly as they put it out due to fans or ebay scalpers
By tommyb345
your list is completely accurate
emgamera wrote:Here is a list of codes for the 2016 and the Classic Ecto Minis.
Notes: I found these at Wal-Mart. As with other coded mini blind bags, the codes may vary by store as well as by production run. Therefore, use this guide knowing that your mileage may vary.
These codes are embossed on the back of the package, along the bottom edge, to the left of the seam. They can be awfully hard to read, but if you catch the right light, you can make them out just fine.

The first series of numbers does not seem to mean anything. It's the two letters following the numbers that correlate to each character.

CLASSICS:

07060B AA -- Venkman
06860B AB -- Egon
07060B AC -- Stantz
07060B AD -- Zeddemore
06960B AE -- Slimer (Translucent)
06860B AF -- Terror Dog (Translucent)
07060B AG -- Venkman (Glow)
07060B AH -- Egon (Glow)
07060B AI -- Stantz (Glow)
? AJ -- Zeddemore (Glow)
06860B AK -- Slimer (Solid)
06706B AL -- Terror Dog (Solid)

2016:

07860B AM -- Abby Yates
07860B AN -- Erin Gilbert
07860B AO -- Jillian Holtzman
07760B AP -- Patty Tolan
? AQ -- Kevin
07760B AR -- Slimer
07860B AS -- Running guy in red clothes
07460B AT -- Yellow splitting ghost
07560B AU -- Blue animal ghost
07460B AV -- Yellow bee bug ghost
07460B AW -- Trap ghost
07460B AX -- White female ghost

The two bolded ones are figures I did not find. So I don't know the numbers, and am assuming the letters in sequence. I presume that I missed them because I and J looked alike, and O and Q looked alike.

Having said that, if anyone has an extra Kevin or Glow Winston, I sure would appreciate a PM!

I hope this helps someone out there.

Happy hunting!
By Demon Vice Commander
Kingpin wrote:That's very true, although getting to grab them from a physical shop means you can check them over for any obvious imperfections, like the "crazy eye" error posted earlier in this thread.
Given the very irregular paint applications, this is definitely a line that I would never order online; the same goes for the DST figures. Of course, there's a certain joy in having ten of the same figure lined up on the floor and carefully examining each one while drawing stares from the straights. :)
By Jcleverly76
In Denver it's been impossible to find the classics. In my experience toysrus doesn't stock the classic figures for some reason. They have diamond select Dana's but that's it. I've seen two rays in the wild at different walmarts. classic ecto minis also seem to only be available at Walmart too. Target and TRU both have the newbusters only. Are there other stores people have seen the classic figures at besides Walmart? And any tips on talking to someone there about when they get toys in at all? At all the ones I've gone in to I always look for someone in toys to ask but there's never anyone there.

I've only got classic Ray right now. Still looking for all the others.
By Doctor Venkman
Jcleverly76 wrote:In Denver it's been impossible to find the classics. In my experience toysrus doesn't stock the classic figures for some reason. They have diamond select Dana's but that's it. I've seen two rays in the wild at different walmarts. classic ecto minis also seem to only be available at Walmart too. Target and TRU both have the newbusters only. Are there other stores people have seen the classic figures at besides Walmart? And any tips on talking to someone there about when they get toys in at all? At all the ones I've gone in to I always look for someone in toys to ask but there's never anyone there.

I've only got classic Ray right now. Still looking for all the others.
You kinda hit the nail on the head. The Classic figures are Walmart exclusives. So no, you're not going to find them anywhere else.
By gold333
If anyone could pick up the 4 classics to ship to NL I'd pay in advance and pay you for your trouble. Let me know if anyone has found them!
By goldenhawk
Hey Phil, I remember you gloating about how ALL the GB stuff is selling. Well, not all of it.

At my local Target stores:

Never heard of the toys going on sale BEFORE a movie is released. Well, so much for that. I guess Fritz was right after all. After all the collectors got what they wanted, the GB stuff just sits there. Hell, my local TRU stores have all this GB stuff just sitting there collecting dust.
Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]