So about a month ago while working on my studio creations shell, which since of you have seen my thread, I decided I wanted to take my pack all the way and purchased the gbfans shell and motherboard. I've been spent gathering other parts from various sources. This site and its for sale forum, Amazon, etc.

What I really liked about the movie packs was that they were all different, they all had little touches that made them stand apart and have that have crafted touch. That's what I will be doing with my pack. It won't be accurate to a particular movie or pack. Instead I'm aiming to make it mine by going with individual favorite parts.

Well the motherboard arrived today and I decided it was time to begin.
Here we have the collected parts so far. A throwing chicken thrower kit, metal injector tubes, Vac tube, beam line and filler tube from Ejgunth87 and some resistors I found online.

Here we have the gbfans motherboard.

And here you see it attached to the ALICE frame. Just bolted it on using the bottom holes, marked through the top hope with a silver sharpie, checked it, marked again. Remove the frame and drill the hole. Started with a 1/8 bit and worked up to 1/4. Tapped it and put a 1 in spacer and some washers on each side of the spacers.

Put the straps back on and just couldn't resist wearing it did a second.
There we are the old MySpace pic.

That concludes today's post. It'll be a few weeks yet to the shell arrives but I'll be able to work on the thrower in the meantime. I've got a pre-order in for all the gbfans electronics and will be getting a metal ion arm and booster tube to go with all the nice stuff I have so far.

Just want to give a big thank you to everyone here for the inspiration, awesome stuff you guys sell to make it easier on us builders and to the people that have been answering my questions abs helping me along. Until next time.
jacklawyer liked this
Looking good. You're going to have a blast building your pack. Enjoy every minute.
Thanks guys, I really can't wait for my shell to get here.

Today brought another package from Nick a tron. These parts are well worth the wait.
I got a resin Clippard from him as well but I am thinking of using the real deal instead. I did take a minute to put the spacers on. This seems more line the real deal now.
I still need to pick up a bumper, I'm thinking the screen used cast that Nick a tron sells is the way to go. Other than a few odds and ends I have pretty much everything in hand or on order so once the shell is here it is go time.
Started work on the thrower, these parts are from Ejgunth87. Just had to dremel and file down the inner ring of the trigger tip to get it to fit, this thing isn't going anywhere. No glue needed.
Added the metal banjo from gbfans, fit perfectly.
Here it is with the other banjo attached to throwing chicken's front handle assembly. Still deciding how I want to attach the acrylic tube to the handle.
I was able to squeeze in a little more work today.
I got the gun track on the thrower body. I tightened the screws by hand because last time I drilled in screws to resin I think I over did it and stripped everything. This time it all went well.

I also got my ion arm in the mail from CPU64 today. Very well made aluminum piece here, awesome quality.
Started putting parts on.

Then I realized, I'm not sure how the Dale resistor goes on. This way:

Or this way:
I've seen it done both ways on packs so how do you guys do it?
jacklawyer liked this
CPU's Ion Arm is awesome. I grabbed one also and am very happy with it. The accurate mounting of the resistor is without the nut (last picture). TC's Thrower looks badass also
So it's been about a month since I've posted an update on this build. Mainly because I was waiting on this:Image
Now that the hero shell has arrived I can really get going on this build. This is a pretty amazing piece of work so big thanks to AJ and everyone involved in making this shell.

Here is the dry fit I did when I got home from work tonight. The resin Clippard is just a placeholder. I have a real one placed next to the pack.

A few shots of test fitting things on the ion arm. Got the end cap mounted as well as the elbow and the yellow tubing that runs to the resistor.

Also got a little more on the thrower. Mounted the rear cylinder. This thrower is super well made. However, I have to say, I prefer working with aluminum over resin so far. If the funds are there I could easily see myself going for an aluminum thrower.

I have a completely free day Wednesday so I'm hoping to get some things mounted and get this bad boy on the motherboard. I cannot wait to wear it for the first time.
The dimples in the shell made the mounting part much easier. Drill then out, get the bracket mounted and use the home in the shell as a guide. Tap and done.
I decided to use bolts since I don't have any experience with rivets, these are Phillips head as a placeholder but I'm using button head socket screws to get the look right.
Mounting of the booster tube and holes drilled for the frame.
Here is the frame mounted with the cable clamp.
Here we have the bumper mounted, along with the shock mount. The bumper and shock mount are from Nick-a-tron. I went with his screen used version and left the rough spots there because it gives the pack done character.
I decided to go with the cast in N-filter. Drilled out the holes, the ones on the top side were a bit more difficult to get to.
I totally drilled out the wrong hole for the hose... oops. I'll come back and putty over it later.
There's the hole for the loom cable.
Legris straights and holes for the PPD.
Now to continue my work on the Throwing Chicken thrower. Here is the clippard mounted.
The back plate for the instrument panel.
The trigger box attachment.
And the trigger box itself.

Now here's a neat little trick I figured out with nylon spacers and the hat lights. Image
These spacers fit perfectly into the holes the hat lights to over. A little super glue and there we go. Image
Here's a pic of the electronics going in.
The LEDs fit in nicely.
At this point I got on a roll and forgot to take pictures. This is where I got after all that. I did remember to take on afterwards however.
jacklawyer liked this
Now that everything is assembled I can begin painting and putting on decals for some parts.
PPD
HGA
Ion Arm, this will be getting replaced with a GB1 style arm. I tried to do it myself but something went wrong.

The beam line, filler tube, injectors and the hose tube.
Booster tube
Bumper
Next up is mounting the speaker and electronics to the mother board. After that painting the shell, thrower and mobo. This is the home stretch.
Time for more updates!
The last thing to do on the shell was very this bad boy fitted and cut to size. Done. Now the shell can be cleaned and primed.
In the meantime I went to finish the thrower, here is the ceremonial stuffing of the wires. For the ear switch I drilled a hole at the base of the handle (the handle, grip and gun ear are all one piece). Ran the wires through it and covered them with electrical tape.
Lights and switches in.
Another view of the whole thing.
Attach the knobs, clippard and stick on the decals. Get the tubing on there as well.
More decals.
Side view.
Lights!
Throw it!

That's a full day's work there. It's really coming together now. Just a couple more days till this bad boy is done.
Things got rolling pretty quick here.
I changed up my mount for the power cell lights, coupling nuts with 2 1in extensions and 1 .5 in extension each.
Power cell is good to go.
Reflectors for now but those will be replaced eventually.
After that I put it all back together. I'll post more pics of the insides later but it's 99% finished.

Still needs the 1/4in loom on the PPD and injector tubes,then a few upgrades I have planned. A metal shock mount, GB1 style ion arm end cap, charging plate for the back is what I'm doing to this thing next.

It's been a fun ride and I'm literally just walking around the house with this thing on. I owe thanks to so many of you guys; AJ, Ejgunth87, Spongeface, Throwing Chicken, CPU64 and Nick a tron for parts.
Countless people for build threads that I stole ideas from like Venkman's Swagger, GohstTarp, Alan Hawkins (speaker template!), PssdffJay, bishopdonmiguel (magnets, hell yes), pyhassanon and probably a hundred others. Y'all the Real MVPs.
And finally you the reader, I hope my thread was helpful in some way if you wandered in here for that, or if you just came to support! Thanks all of you!
Very well done. Now you need to drag it through some dirt and make it look beautiful.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]