Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By DSTZach
darthsmozers wrote:Hmm, even DS didn't know when the wave 2 was going to hit TRU. Then weird, they suddenly appeared. Not criticism - I'm interested in retail goings-on and shipping - I wonder how there was such a short gap between no one knowing and then they appeared.
TRU does not notify us when figures are shipped to stores from their distribution center, or when each individual store puts them out. We knew we'd sent them to TRU at around the same time we sent them to comic shops, but beyond that it is out of our hands. We found out they were in stores when everyone else did.
By darthsmozers
DSTZach wrote:
darthsmozers wrote:Hmm, even DS didn't know when the wave 2 was going to hit TRU. Then weird, they suddenly appeared. Not criticism - I'm interested in retail goings-on and shipping - I wonder how there was such a short gap between no one knowing and then they appeared.
TRU does not notify us when figures are shipped to stores from their distribution center, or when each individual store puts them out. We knew we'd sent them to TRU at around the same time we sent them to comic shops, but beyond that it is out of our hands. We found out they were in stores when everyone else did.
Informative - thanks!

Can we expect any GB2 characters in the future? Maybe a courtroom diorama? :-)
By Sinje
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:
Sinje wrote:I think that was my initial thought before trying out just ungluing the pegs. The first one I tried was Winston and snapped the first peg.
How did you unglue the pegs? Just work it until it comes out, or did you use some kind of solvent?
Yeah just work at them. May need to use needles or something tiny to kind of pry the paint/glue apart when you get to the edges of the hole around the peg.
By DSTZach
darthsmozers wrote:Can we expect any GB2 characters in the future? Maybe a courtroom diorama? :-)
GB1 will take us to 2017, no plans are set beyond that. People have certainly expressed an interest in GB2, but I'm not sure a courtroom would make for the best build-a-diorama. Just a personal opinion, of course.
By darthsmozers
It would have to be something iconic with most characters. I think the slime river only had them in their messy clothes, not uniforms. ALTHOUGH how cool would it be to provide a can of pink slime to simulate in the diorama!?!?

Besides courtroom: Vigo room in the museum with the table where the baby lay. Or the head of the Statue of Liberty.
By christphern
Personally, if you think about it, the museum would be kind of bland. Vast expanses of nothing but floor with side clutter and a wall or two. The Statue of Liberty also wouldn't give much In terms of display options. The Courtroom is a busy enough setting with an action set piece to boot, which lends to better display possibilities. Particularly if you have alternate destroyed bits that could come with, say, variant figures. Just my opinion, however. My big question is if it will be in scale with the DST figures, or if it will continue the first diorama's trend of fitting in more with the Mattel line? As someone who collected the Mattel line, that's fine with me, but I imagine there will be more than one person that will be annoyed once they realize the size discrepancy.
By Havoc0213
christphern wrote:Personally, if you think about it, the museum would be kind of bland. Vast expanses of nothing but floor with side clutter and a wall or two. The Statue of Liberty also wouldn't give much In terms of display options. The Courtroom is a busy enough setting with an action set piece to boot, which lends to better display possibilities. Particularly if you have alternate destroyed bits that could come with, say, variant figures. Just my opinion, however. My big question is if it will be in scale with the DST figures, or if it will continue the first diorama's trend of fitting in more with the Mattel line? As someone who collected the Mattel line, that's fine with me, but I imagine there will be more than one person that will be annoyed once they realize the size discrepancy.
My point exactly. The museum would be extremely bland and wouldn't be up to par with the current diorama. There just isn't anything special about it that would make it worth buying a bunch of figures of build. At least a section of the courtroom would be much more detailed and would be more visually pleasing. Maybe make the diorama a tad bit shorter though. As cool as the rooftop set it, it's so big that I don't have much room for it. :/
joeghostbuster wrote:a build-a-courtroom set would be totally pointless unless there were also scoleri bros ghosts to go along with it, right?
Scoleri brothers would definitely be a must. There could be plenty of room for them in the line if they shoot for another set of 15 again.

GB2 Uniform Egon
GB2 Uniform Peter
Slime Blower Ray
Slime Blower Winston
GB2 Janine
GB Uniform Louis
Dana and Oscar
Courtroom Ray, Egon, Peter
Judge?
Nunzio Scoleri
Tony Scoleri
Janosz Poha
Vigo

Could be a good set I think
By RedWithEvil
I 2nd the Statue of Liberty head. I don't think a museum, or court room would be able to be done justice, but who knows? I think a GB2 series would be fantastic, Diamond's already done so much better with the first movie then MATTEL.

Janosz is a must though. I lmao when I saw the art for the Titans vinyl version they're doing.

I'd be fine if it didn't even come with collect and connect pieces. But, if it did.. it doesn't HAVE to be diorama. NECA did some neat stuff with Hellraiser, like the pillar of souls, leviathan, and even the box.

Even though, I've yet to find any of these at Toys R Us, and I think Slimer's arms look distractingly massive. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2rJhvYiccXg/maxresdefault.jpg

The banks, and pizza cutter doesn't represent him like this. I know they have to be big enough to hold on to Ecto Cooler but sheesh.

I hope for good things. I feel Diamond can make a great success with this line.
By darthsmozers
910dohead wrote:How come nobody has mentioned the first floor of the firehouse? Very easy collect and connect in my opinion for GB2.
Brilliant! Now if they'd make an Ecto to fit in it.... :-)
By Havoc0213
What part of the firehouse first floor are we talking? Just a segment or the whole floor? Just imagine how big that would have to be to accommodate an ecto-1 and still be in scale to the figures. No one has shelf space for that. lol

I'd say Janine's and Peter's desk area would be the best section to do. It would give the Janine and end of shift figures something to do and it would still be a decent size without being too overwhelming.
By LUDY
It's been a while since I've posted, but I just had to say how impressed and happy I am with these figures! They have their flaws, no doubt, but I'm VERY pleased with these overall. The attention to detail shows the love Diamond Select have for this property, and they hit almost all the notes. The articulation makes for some excellent poses. There are some quality control problems, but I've been modifying them anyway with some paint apps and swapping parts from the Matty line. Take a look!

Finally got a NICE looking set of the founders.

Ghost or not, I thought this one was pretty fun! I love that Blair Thing pose, and I def prefer the Matty proton streams.

Capturing Eleanor Twitty...on my desk...lol

I think the Matty glasses work pretty well. Much better than what it came with. I wish they had sculpted Egon without the smile (that would've been more appropriate for a GB2 figure), but it's leap and bounds over the Matty sculpt.

Gloves attached to the belt and hanging out of the pocket...

Some weathering and cyclotron light mods...

And then there are these two. They're a little underwhelming on their own, but I think they look pretty good together. Gotta get 'em posed just right to not look goofy.

More to come later, I'm sure!
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
I finally picked up series 2 for my birthday this past Wednesday and am very happy. The figures really do look great when you get all 4 GB's together. My only legitimate complaint comes from Dana. The lack of upper leg articulation is a little frustrating. There is no swing joint at the hip or thigh swivel. I can understand the logic that went into making the decision to leave those options out being that the dress sculpt would inhibit movement anyway (at least that is my guess at the logic behind it). But even though you wouldn't get much movement from those extra joints you would still be able to get enough movement to get better poses and allow the figure to stand easier. But still it's a nice figure over all and I am very happy to have her in the collection.

Aside from that I am really, really happy with the line. I am loving the diorama, can't wait for series 3!

By JCRJr3
What figure stands are people using for these? My busters are having trouble standing on their own and my Dana for sure can't stand without assistance. Any recommendations?
By ObiHahn
joeghostbuster wrote:if I had to guess I'd say they came off one of the MattyCollector Egon figures, maybe the GB2 variant
Exactly, that's what I did. I forgot to write where I snagged the new pair of glasses.
Poor Matty GB2 Egon now wears the DST glasses, but it was the right choice to make that swap.

Since I wrote my little review, Pete Venkman fell down twice a day (or at least it feels like that often). ;)

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]