Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Which is funny when you consider a few of The Real Ghostbusers episodes had female writers. But you know, that show was incredibly hated by everyone...oh wait.
Well, it did last longer then the Ferris Bueller television series.
Alphagaia wrote:He also just called Feig a homosexual (probably a closet one as he is married) in the thread about the writer getting a present from Dan. Montclaire also apperantly thinks females and homosexuals can't write ghostbusters because he is convinced it's a chickflick.

He is basically doing it to rattle up a shitstorm I guess.
Ridiculous as montclaire's remarks were, we don't need to bring it up in a different topic.
We are all entitled to an opinion, and that one is mine. Everyone can decide for themselves what is rediculious or not. As a side note, I thought it was well known that Feig is gay or bi, if he hasn't said so himself I will change my comment. I didn't think I was breaking any new ground there and didn't intend to.
montclaire wrote:We are all entitled to an opinion, and that one is mine. Everyone can decide for themselves what is rediculious or not. As a side note, I thought it was well known that Feig is gay or bi, if he hasn't said so himself I will change my comment. I didn't think I was breaking any new ground there and didn't intend to.
His wife of 20+ years might want to know if he is.
Troy liked this
montclaire wrote:I thought it was well known that Feig is gay or bi
Feig has been married to Laurie Karon since 1994, so whilst that wouldn't automatically rule out that he's bi, it pretty reasonably concludes that he is not gay.

As there isn't any real basis for the conclusion that he's gay, to say so is nothing more than subjecting him to stereotype.
As far as I know he was raised by women and didn't have a father figure growing up, which is why he is the way he is (whatever perception you have of him that is). He's straight, but comes off as a little flamboyant sometimes because he knows how to dress and works with mainly females (I was accused of being gay a few times just because I dressed nice and I was raised by my mother).
I quite like Feig, both his work and as a person. Not that I've met him personally, just in interviews and on shows he's appeared in. He seems like a good guy. I just think the trailers for the reboot depict the movie as a misstep, and I, perhaps unfairly as it was probably mostly Sony's fault, am not happy with with him because of how Ivan Reitman was treated during the negotiations of this project.
Was Ivan really treated that badly though? The leak mentions one dinner party which could be explained as a strategy talk for the upcoming dinner with Feig and Ivan. It makes sense for him nog being wanted there.

Don't forget emotions had run high because of the death of Ramis, loss of faith with years of stalemate and diminished returns for both Ivans and Ramis directed movies (year one for example). Sony had legit concerns if he was still able to do a new GB movie justice after all that time.

Of course this hits Ivans ego and the leaks did not help as to move things forward stuff had to happen in a certain order and it did not. Thx to leaks, not thx to Sony being a dick.

Even Amy admitted before the dinner party they needed to be respectful to Ivan to ensure the project going forward. Which it did after Feig and Ivan sat eye to eye talking reboot, veto's and callbacks. It was this diner that saved the project and had both Ivan and Feig emerging happy. Ivan would not veto it, and Feig had it's reboot.
montclaire wrote:Did you actually read my comment?
Yes I did and that response was a jest.
scythemantis wrote:While I know who the Angry Video Game Nerd is, why the hell is it newsworthy or even forum thread worthy that he's NOT going to see a particular movie? This is just more asinine politicizing. WHO. CARES.
The AVGN is an internet celebrity. He makes money off of making reviews. The AVGN is a huge Ghosthead like the rest of us. He was expected to make a video. People weren't happy about it.

Whether you like him or not pro feminist bloggers decided to go after him for releasing that statement. Celebrities felt the need to make leaud, sexual references about him when they didn't need to. What makes this news worthy is it's legitimate debate. You can not care about any of this that's your Stanz. That is why this topic is here so people can debate it if they chose to.

Some bloggers are so afraid that GB2016 is going to fail they have to shame you into seeing it, guilt you into their ideology. When they cant do that they resort to name calling and attacking you personally.
timeware wrote:
montclaire wrote:Did you actually read my comment?
Yes I did and that response was a jest.
scythemantis wrote:While I know who the Angry Video Game Nerd is, why the hell is it newsworthy or even forum thread worthy that he's NOT going to see a particular movie? This is just more asinine politicizing. WHO. CARES.
The AVGN is an internet celebrity. He makes money off of making reviews. The AVGN is a huge Ghosthead like the rest of us. He was expected to make a video. People weren't happy about it.

Whether you like him or not pro feminist bloggers decided to go after him for releasing that statement. Celebrities felt the need to make leaud, sexual references about him when they didn't need to. What makes this news worthy is it's legitimate debate. You can not care about any of this that's your Stanz. That is why this topic is here so people can debate it if they chose to.

Some bloggers are so afraid that GB2016 is going to fail they have to shame you into seeing it, guilt you into their ideology. When they cant do that they resort to name calling and attacking you personally.
That's why i posted this i think this a legitimate debate.
The fact that celebrities went at him is scary...
This could happen to anyone of us.
ThrowingChicken wrote:I think he was. They wanted to push him out before Ramis died, and I really think they used his death to their advantage.
I'm not that convinced really. We know Sony wanted Ivan to be a producer, because as a director he is hobbling the story. They discuss this a bit in the leak and to be fair, they are not wrong: he is not as great as he was in the good old days if you look at his box office numbers and Ivan, Ramis and Dan have failed to get an convincing script approved for 25+ YEARS. So I kinda get why Sony want some fresh minds to take a crack at it instead of the orginal trio. When the trio becomes a duo, it is even harder to create a script so Ivan agrees to take a step back. That's not using someone death, that's facing a sad reality.
ThrowingChicken wrote: There is also Reitman begging them not to call it a reboot the moment up to the announcement.
The press got wind of this via a leak which is why the term reboot was now known to the world. Technically they still waited for the dinner with Ivan and Feig, but the leak forced their hand.
Re: Source: 'Ghostbusters 3' to Be Reboot Focusing on Female Ghostbusters
Who even knows that's the pitch beyond us and JK? Ivan. Gregory McKnight. Paul. Anyone else?
Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2014 2:03 PM
To: Minghella, Hannah
Cc: Pascal, Amy; DeLuca, Michael
Subject: Re: Source: 'Ghostbusters 3' to Be Reboot Focusing on Female Ghostbusters
We have a problem.
On Aug 2, 2014, at 3:02 PM, "Minghella, Hannah" <Hannah_Minghella@spe.sony.com> wrote:
Really... how does this level of specificity just leak to the press?
Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2014 12:56 PM
To: Minghella, Hannah
Subject: Source: 'Ghostbusters 3' to Be Reboot Focusing on Female Ghostbusters
'Ghostbusters 3' Targets Paul Feig as Director
The Hollywood Reporter: Breaking News

'Ghostbusters 3' Targets Paul Feig as Director

http://link.hollywoodreporter.com/518927f8191b2a64
In the official announcement two months later the press f**** them over again and called it a reboot, because of the leak earlier. So, again, not Sony's fault.
Fwd: 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Lands 'The Heat' Writer Katie Dippold (Exclusive)This is not what we agreed on. I'm incredibly pissed.Ivan
Sent from my iPad
Re: 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Lands 'The Heat' Writer Katie Dippold (Exclusive)
I completely understand Ivan but one thing to keep in mind is the editor and reporters sometimes change language to suit their headline needs and we don’t have a lot of control over how they ultimately write these stories up.This stuff is just sideshow stuff, the real stuff is when you and paul get together, nobody who buys a movie ticket reads this crap anyway it’s all besides the point
So, if you want someone to blame, blame the leakers and the press for pissing of Ivan, which Amy had to calm down. Which is why she had the dinner party so they could talk strategy for the upcoming diner with Paul and Ivan. To calm his fears. Which we all know worked and he was on board for the reboot.
Troy liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:What about the talking points about Ivan stepback they were passing each other BEFORE sending them to Reitman?
what about it? You don't decide such a thing on your own. You discuss it with the board.
Raystantz Italy wrote: And Reitman still thinking he was gonna producing Cohen script when Sony was thinking of a reboot behind his back?
That did not go behind his back. He knew about the reboot as one of the possibilities, he did not know the Cohen script was dropped as a possibility. On the phone now, but let's see if I can find the quote.

Edit: too cumbersome. Did find this:
Ivan felt very positive after his lunch with Paul, said there was massive respect going both ways and Ivan liked all the creative ideas Paul pitched him, which we heard at dinner. Ivan had a few suggestions (have them end up in a firehouse at the end, etc. nods to original) and the debate on linkage to original film continues but Ivan was feeling good
Left word for Paul and McKnight haven’t heard back yet
Did not know the firehouse was Ivans idea!
Alphagaia wrote:
Raystantz Italy wrote:What about the talking points about Ivan stepback they were passing each other BEFORE sending them to Reitman?
what about it? You don't decide such a thing on your own. You discuss it with the board.
Raystantz Italy wrote: And Reitman still thinking he was gonna producing Cohen script when Sony was thinking of a reboot behind his back?
That did not go behind his back. He knew about the reboot as one of the possibilities, he did not know the Cohen script was dropped as a possibility. On the phone now, but let's see if I can find the quote.

Ivan felt very positive after his lunch with Paul, said there was massive respect going both ways and Ivan liked all the creative ideas Paul pitched him, which we heard at dinner. Ivan had a few suggestions (have them end up in a firehouse at the end, etc. nods to original) and the debate on linkage to original film continues but Ivan was feeling good
Left word for Paul and McKnight haven’t heard back yet
Ivan seemed pretty pissed in the emails when everything went down. He seemed "okay" after they told him they'd include him in a "producer role" but kept him at arm's length. They gave him and Dan a bigger role for "ghost corps" after the shit hit the fan on the internet.
SpaceBallz wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:

Ivan seemed pretty pissed in the emails when everything went down. He seemed "okay" after they told him they'd include him in a "producer role" but kept him at arm's length. They gave him and Dan a bigger role for "ghost corps" after the shit hit the fan on the internet.
Ivan was only very pissed about how the leaks gave the press information or warped the words as I described above.

Ivan would always have a producer role, the problem was Feig wanted one as well and Ivan thought it would Feig too much power and he did not know his ideas yet. Seeing as Feig would only do GB if he got producer rights, so he could not be out vetoed by Ivan, Sony needed Ivan and Feig to be on the same page. This is why they had the dinner at Amy's house, without Ivan. The day after the dinner at Amys house, Feig and Ivan had breakfast and agreed.
Greg said Paul is mostly just suspicious that lack of a producer credit signals he won’t have the creative autonomy he wants. From: <Wyman>, Mark <Mark_Wyman@spe.sony.com>Date: Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 8:26 PMTo: "Belgrad, Doug" <Doug_Belgrad@spe.sony.com>, ITPS <Michael_Deluca@spe.sony.com>Cc: "Pascal, Amy" <Amy_Pascal@spe.sony.com>, "Gumpert, Andrew" <Andrew_Gumpert@spe.sony.com>, "Kadin, Jonathan" <Jonathan_Kadin@spe.sony.com>Subject: Re: Ghostbusters 3/Feig/Dippold OfferTo elaborate a little, given the cards Ivan holds
This tells us what Feig wants and Ivan seems to have power (given the cards Ivan holds).
Would love some guidance before you leave.I know how invested you are in this happening. This is a mighty big counter.We're at 7+10 for directing and were planning to go to 1.5 v 2.5 for writing and will talk to Ivan about sharing producer credit.Do you feel like splitting the difference with them?Feels like 8+10 for directing and 2 v 3 for writing would mean 11mil in cash and a nice fat piece of of the back-end of an existing franchise.We can discuss.
This bit talks about the possibility of Ivan and Feig sharing producer rights.
> On Sep 25, 2014, at 5:05 PM, "DeLuca, Michael" wrote:
>
> Paul feig is now having breakfast with ivan the day after our dinner.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
Ivan and Feig are going to have a talk right after the dinner where Amy talks to Feig.
Is there anyway to get Paul to agree to simply say:A new original Ghostbusters with an all-female cast. Begin forwarded message:From: Ivan Reitman <Ireitman@montecitopic.com>Date: October 7, 2014 at 8:26:57 PM PDTTo: "DeLuca, Michael" <Michael_DeLuca@spe.sony.com>Cc: "Pascal, Amy" <Amy_Pascal@spe.sony.com>, "Belgrad, Doug" <Doug_Belgrad@spe.sony.com>Subject: Re: I disagree with the last phrase: "that is not a sequel to the original two films". Why is this necessary to announce today prior to anything being written? I'm also unhappy that I'm immediately being cast as antagonistic to Paul'sidea before we've had any substantive creative meetings.Let's start the creative work with a positive and open mind and see where it leads us. There is no need to give too much information at this time. Sent from my iPadOn Oct 7, 2014, at 5:55 PM, DeLuca, Michael <Michael_DeLuca@spe.sony.com> wrote:Pauls camp suggests this:A new original movie with a new all-female cast of Ghostbusters that
This bit talks about the press release. Ivan does not want the press to mention a reboot before he has spoken to Feig. The press does so anyway because of the leak earlier. Which makes him pissed. Ivan also mentions the diner (as a creative meeting) as he first wants to hear the ideas Feig has before he decides if reboot is the way to go. He stresses he is not against the reboot, (not an antagonist), he just wants more info before he decides. Which is why Amy thinks it's very important for everyone to know the stakes when Ivan and Feig meet. Which is why she is having the dinner and does not invite Ivan. (To talk strategy on how to convince him).

So the dinners happen and we know Ivan is happy after this.
We're drifting a bit from the topic now.

While the decision not to see the film is his right, and nobody can tell him otherwise, I personally believe his point actually would've benefitted from having had seen it, as he'd then have the fact he'd experienced the whole production to add clout to his verdict.
Sorry about that! When people use the leaks as reason to dislike the movie I always get a bit defensive as the leaks are a jumbled mess where it's easy to misinterpret intentions, status and stance from the parties involved.

Maybe this could need it's own thread as well if my latest post does not solve the issue?
Alphagaia wrote:Sorry about that! When people use the leaks as reason to dislike the movie I always get a bit defensive as the leaks are a jumbled mess where it's easy to misinterpret intentions, status and stance from the parties involved.
Plus movies are a visual and auditory medium. You can't possibly get all the information about a scene just by reading about it, you have to see and hear it! Plus these "leaks" often seem to fall back on "it's not funny." That is not a leak, that's an opinion, lol.
lozbloke liked this
ThrowingChicken wrote:I see what I believe to be a pattern of disrespect, but it's not really something I intended to nor care to dive deep into, so agree to disagree.
Aw, too bad. If I remember correctly you were the one who made the awesome write up of your interpretation of the leak, so I hoped we could get down to the bottom of this as I think you missed a few subtle things that can change your stance. I understand if you don't want to go through it again, though!
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Sorry about that! When people use the leaks as reason to dislike the movie I always get a bit defensive as the leaks are a jumbled mess where it's easy to misinterpret intentions, status and stance from the parties involved.
Plus movies are a visual and auditory medium. You can't possibly get all the information about a scene just by reading about it, you have to see and hear it! Plus these "leaks" often seem to fall back on "it's not funny." That is not a leak, that's an opinion, lol.

THIS! Absolutely this!!! Its a bit like when people read to much / the wrong thing, into a text message - and lets be honest, weve all been guilty of that at one time or another - you dont get the actual devil in the detail, just personal subjection. Its far easier to understand someone when you talk to them on the phone / in person than just by reading words
JurorNo.2 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Maybe this could need it's own thread as well if my latest post does not solve the issue?
I think it may be a case of not drawing any more attention to the emails than already has been, especially as there's still a question hanging over them due to the fact they are still technically stolen property.
The last articles in the news feed. Not only are they still going after Rolfe they are accusing him of participating in a vast right wing mob against the reboot. Who's the leader of this mob you may ask? It is non other then Donald Trump, who made a comment about the reboot more then a year ago. Good lord when will this madness end?
Why is is such a big deal when it comes to this movie that someone might go "I saw the trailer, I don't want to see this." when it happens CONSTANTLY with any other movie anywhere. The guy doesn't feel it's worth his time, he's not interested in it, and he's not going to review it. People are so butt hurt over him saying that it's ridiculous. I'm right there with him. I have no interest in seeing this based upon what I've seen in the trailers. No thank you.
pferreira1983 liked this

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]