Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By below_radar_00
EddieSpenser wrote:I'm glad your kids are happy with such low-quality toys. No pedal, no electronics and it's freaking 2016. It reminds me of the Jurassic World toyline which was nowhere as close as the first movie's toys.
Uhh, it's a $10 playset. Not a $130 replica by Mattel. Who's to say that they won't release a roleplaying trap in the future but I don't think this one is meant to be a roleplaying piece. Besides, when you factor in inflation, this type of toy would have sold for under $5 back in 1986. $5 didn't buy you a whole lot back then. Remember that ghost popper toy? The one that was fully rubber and you squeezed it and it popped out a piece of foam? Even that bad boy sold for $13 back in 86. I had that toy and loved that toy but let's be real here...it wasn't all that great. To a kid though, it was awesome.

I just don't understand why people are up in arms over these 2016 toys. I'm glad that my parents didn't think like some of the people on this board or I would have never had any GB toys growing up to enjoy. The RGB proton pack from back in the day that was basically just a piece of molded blue plastic with some stickers would sell today for around $50. It probably didn't look too impressive to an adult back then but that was one of my favorite toys ever. Heaven forbid they sell any 2016 toys for $50. Some of you would have to be hospitalized with emotional trauma.
zeta otaku, MasterOod, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
By 80sguy
below_radar_00 wrote:
EddieSpenser wrote:I just don't understand why people are up in arms over these 2016 toys. I'm glad that my parents didn't think like some of the people on this board or I would have never had any GB toys growing up to enjoy. The RGB proton pack from back in the day that was basically just a piece of molded blue plastic with some stickers would sell today for around $50. It probably didn't look too impressive to an adult back then but that was one of my favorite toys ever. Heaven forbid they sell any 2016 toys for $50. Some of you would have to be hospitalized with emotional trauma.
Funny how you mention the pack, as I keep hearing people say how crappy the new Proton Pack toy is compared to the RGB one. I think some people are too blinded by hate that they don't see the quality difference in the two toys. The RGB pack as you said was just a hollow piece of plastic, and the not greatest type of plastic either. It was sort of like the plastic you have from cheap coolers. The details being filled out with stickers has it's charm, but it looks lazy by today's standard. It didn't quiet look like how it did in the show either. It looked close enough.

I'm not a big fan of the 2016 Packs. It's in the middle for me, not bad, but not great, but I do think the toy looks awesome. It's more accurate in comparison to what it's duplicating, and it has one big difference over the RGB pack; there's actually paint for all the details. It would have been cooler if it had proton sound effects instead of just being an oversized flashlight though. Not that I'm trashing the RGB toys, I love them for what they are. But if I had to compare them side by side in terms of quality, the 2016 pack would rate higher.
Alphagaia, MasterOod liked this
By J10kmn
Kingpin wrote:You planning on lighting yours up?
Most definitely. Just haven't decided how to go about the faraday cage yet. I'll probably make a topic in Equipment when I'm ready to get started, would love people's feedback.

I think the pack is very detailed for a small toy (WAY more so in comparison to the Kenner pack). The plastic is surprisingly sturdy too. Granted, the functionality is lacking (after having an Extreme Ghostbusters toy pack growing up) but I appreciate the attention to detail more.

I wish they had the trap at my Toys'R'Us. I personally think its unnecessarily detailed for a mini-figure playset. I'll probably order one off of the website for a repaint as well.
pyhasanon wrote:My kids love the trap, so speak for yourself... and it's pretty well built, it will take a while till my kids destroy them...
Kids growing up playing with Ghostbusters toys. That's what its all about man.
Sp9543 liked this
By Tyrael
Big shout-out to emgamera for posting the reference codes for the mini figures. Came in very handy when they finally stocked our local stores!

On a side-note, I got the Jillian mini for me and the Kevin one for my wife. The Jillian one has the 2016 reboot pack, but the Kevin one has the 1984 pack. Odd little discrepancy.
By timeware
Anyone have any luck finding Ecto Cooler? Ive been to target, walmart, walgreens, albertsons, and no one has a clue of what i'm asking for much less knowing anything about the new GB movie. Go figure.
By ghostJAR
No luck in the area I live in Oklahoma. I had a feeling this would happen. Going to keep an eye out for it. I'm sure in the next few weeks we'll be seeing them pop up.

Tell then; I got the ingredients to make my very Ecto cooler.
By montclaire
Probably shipping on the 30th, I'm sure we will be seeing it at major retailers by the end of this week. I wonder how it is with white rum?
By SpaceBallz
Sony should be thanking Hi-C, it redirected the negativity from the reboot to the limited Ecto-Cooler availability. Twitter and facebook are blowing up, reminds me of the Pepsi Perfect fiasco.
deadderek, PattyTolen liked this
By deadderek
SpaceBallz wrote:Sony should be thanking Hi-C, it redirected the negativity from the reboot to the limited Ecto-Cooler availability. Twitter and facebook are blowing up, reminds me of the Pepsi Perfect fiasco.
I'm still pissed about the Pepsi Perfect incident. I hate scalpers with a passion. Hopefully we'll be flooded in Ecto Cooler soon, but today seems bone dry in MI or slim pickin's elsewhere.
By SpaceBallz
deadderek wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:Sony should be thanking Hi-C, it redirected the negativity from the reboot to the limited Ecto-Cooler availability. Twitter and facebook are blowing up, reminds me of the Pepsi Perfect fiasco.
I'm still pissed about the Pepsi Perfect incident. I hate scalpers with a passion. Hopefully we'll be flooded in Ecto Cooler soon, but today seems bone dry in MI or slim pickin's elsewhere.
Yeah I'm in northern Michigan and nobody is carrying it. They only listed like 5 retailers on the Ecto Cooler website and they're all stores I've never even heard of. Amazon is sold out.
By Alphagaia
You don't think it's low demand on purpose to get the talk going?
By timeware
I really hope this isn't another repeat of the Pepsi perfect or freaking Surge. Has there been any reporting on Feminist Activists chaining themselves to the Coke trucks about to leave the plants?
deadderek, kevinj319 liked this
By Kingpin
timeware wrote:IHas there been any reporting on Feminist Activists chaining themselves to the Coke trucks about to leave the plants?
Uncalled for and unnecessary.
By deadderek
Guys. Go take a look at Walmart.com because they've now got 9 pages full of Ghostbusters Classic and Reboot merchandise. Some not released yet but a damn fine look at some of the upcoming merchandise.
By timeware
Kingpin wrote:
timeware wrote:IHas there been any reporting on Feminist Activists chaining themselves to the Coke trucks about to leave the plants?
Uncalled for and unnecessary.
I admit it. It was childish. It was something that I could easily see the bloggers doing. Holding Ecto Cooler for ransom in exchange for ticket stubs. It's a conspiracy of epic proportions man!
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
...and you're just provoking the "feminist bloggers" to post even more about how some Ghostbusters fans are "petulant children", so "nice job". :sigh:
By Travis Burrell
I really wish everyone would stop their pointless bitching about the new film and products.

I have never heard so many people bitching about something so dumb. The amount of negativity I have seen in this forum in just the past few months about these 2016 topics, is completely ridiculous. I don't even have fun reading in these forums anymore.
Last edited by Travis Burrell on May 31st, 2016, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin liked this
By timeware
The bloggers are going to go after us no matter what we do or say. I'm sure they'll be overlooking my post completely.(Havent been quoted in their articles yet) I can see them putting out articles such as crying man babies whine about release of Ecto Cooler or was there something in the original ecto cooler that gave birth to a sexist generation.

I have a very sarcastic sense of humor, I speak my mind, and i'm a constant smart ass. I try not to be insulting but you can have fun every once in a while!
deadderek liked this
By montclaire
Looks like the cans are Amazon only for right now. I just noticed that if you scroll through the Ecto Cooler site on a desktop, Amazon flashes over "Avail Now," while the other retailers (Walmart, ShopRite) say coming soon. Didn't see this on the mobile site. You may be able to find the juice boxes though.
By pyhasanon
Both Amazon and HEB have restocked on cans twice since yesterday (HEB just sold out their second stock about 5 minutes ago)... Not sure when Walmart and ShopRite are stocking...
By Jangonate
Got my order in for three cases at HEB. The boys are very excited. Too bad they're not drinking any. To Ebay!!!

That last part was a joke. Drinking the mess out of these and making sure we have enough to sneak into the theater on Wednesday.
Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]