Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By GBfan77
pferreira1983 wrote: But considering how many remakes there's been and how bad they've been as well what hope can a Ghostbusters fan have? It's like putting Michael Bay in charge of adapting a Shakespeare play. The bard's fans would go crazy.
They could've expressed their disapproval in any number of mature adult ways, instead they choose the one that makes look like that kid you see screaming in the toy section in Walmart. Nobody made them attack the director or the cast with body shaming and racial slurs. Nobody said they had to troll sick kids just because the remake cast took the time to visit them. They did that all on their own and for that they won't get any sympathy from me.
Kingpin, jconover82 liked this
By pyhasanon
pferreira1983 wrote:...what hope can a Ghostbusters fan have?
What hope can a fan have? They can just be a good representation of the community! My franchise (Ghostbusters, Virginia) are pretty much split in regards to support of the reboot, and the majority are actually either fully against it, or pretty much "meh"/neutral... but it doesn't keep us from doing what we do best - representing the fandom in a positive light, welcoming all fans and supporting charities, and catering to fans at cons, whether they be in khaki flightsuits, or orange striped jumpsuits - a fan is a fan, no matter what... as long as they respect each other...
By pferreira1983
GBfan77 wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote: But considering how many remakes there's been and how bad they've been as well what hope can a Ghostbusters fan have? It's like putting Michael Bay in charge of adapting a Shakespeare play. The bard's fans would go crazy.
They could've expressed their disapproval in any number of mature adult ways, instead they choose the one that makes look like that kid you see screaming in the toy section in Walmart. Nobody made them attack the director or the cast with body shaming and racial slurs. Nobody said they had to troll sick kids just because the remake cast took the time to visit them. They did that all on their own and for that they won't get any sympathy from me.
Yeah but you're taking into account a small percentage of annoyed fans. You can't paint everyone with the same brush right? :-?
By pferreira1983
pyhasanon wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:...what hope can a Ghostbusters fan have?
What hope can a fan have? They can just be a good representation of the community! My franchise (Ghostbusters, Virginia) are pretty much split in regards to support of the reboot, and the majority are actually either fully against it, or pretty much "meh"/neutral... but it doesn't keep us from doing what we do best - representing the fandom in a positive light, welcoming all fans and supporting charities, and catering to fans at cons, whether they be in khaki flightsuits, or orange striped jumpsuits - a fan is a fan, no matter what... as long as they respect each other...
I totally agree with you. :)
By Alphagaia
I like how he looks all wrinkly when he moves as if he is made out of white cloth.
I think he is an suit enhanced with cgi just like Slimer if I look at the clips.

Could the red sign be the fabric he wears as a bow?

Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
No real proof either way, but yeah I do think it's intentional whatever is the case. For such a simple design I like the details like that, on top if the burns we know and love from Mr Puft.
Sav C liked this
By mrmichaelt
I think Rowan will be a legitimate criticism of the movie but it is a criticism that is common with these 'geek' movies, the bad guy wasn't as developed as the protagonists. If you think a too much about the villain's plan, the logic train screeches. A little like Zemo's plan if you've seen Captain America: Civil War. The Holder novel does spend some time from his POV but I doubt it will be in the movie and it was more something she added in, imo.

Also, the two novels indicate his full name is
This Post Contains Spoilers
devilmanozzy liked this
By Alphagaia
I have read in Ghost of our Pasts a bit how his plan manifests,
This Post Contains Spoilers
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:Image

I really liked this sequence!
I liked that scene, it was creepy and unexpected. It was actually more unsettling than the actual ghosts, watching this cute, cartoony character going bad. Hollywood shouldn't be afraid to occasionally stray away from the CGI "look."
Alphagaia, Sav C, zeta otaku liked this
By Alphagaia
Yeah, it was an epic start to the finale. I hope the extended cut gives the ending a bit more umpf, but the design and idea of Rowan was great. I actually liked the bigger version as well. Just wish he did more then losing the GB in a few seconds.

Totally called the bowtie being the stopsign, btw.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote:Image

I really liked this sequence!
See, if they had gone with the happy Ghostbusters II logo ghost (instead of the angry first movie logo ghost,) this whole fiasco probably wouldn't of happened :D

Yeah, that sequence is really cool. Can't wait to see the film.
By Terrace
pferreira1983 wrote:Yeah but you're taking into account a small percentage of annoyed fans. You can't paint everyone with the same brush right? :-?
Feng certainly tried.
By Sharky58
Interesting.... Paul made the logo to be a ghost with... a bow tie... on it. I did see that toy in Target one time and I even remember Wikipedia said that Rawman turned into a large ghost from the logo.... So I was at target last month looking for Ghostbusters stuff which they didnt have much. Well I see this Rawman ghost as what they call it. It has this red bow tie on. and I wonder whats with this bow tie? Then I come here and see it was one of Paul's crazy ideas. I always loved to watch this guy in the RGB. After Ghostbusters 2, Slimer got his own cartoon show. And the 4 Ghostbusters didnt have much ghostbusting jobs here. Well that ghost after getting the no sign. was burnt down by Prof Dweeb as he looks from left to right looking for Slimer. That idiot with a crazy female dog that bites him. I didnt see much of the Extreme Ghostbusters so I didnt remember the intros.
By Alphagaia
Terrace wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Yeah but you're taking into account a small percentage of annoyed fans. You can't paint everyone with the same brush right? :-?
Feng certainly tried.
Well, the haters wanted to make it look this way. There are plenty of videos and articles that show Feig responding to valid criticism with valid response, but somehow people forget that and feel they are lumped in by the trolls and misogynists when Feig brushes away that very vocal group as not important.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By TheDreamMaster
Despite my dislike of the literal cartoon Rowan, the big ghost logo really came off better than I expected. The main problem is that Rowan as a villain was pretty bland and uninteresting until he powers himself up and takes this form. Funny how things sort of flipped around after I saw the movie and liked it, since I was expecting the worst from the destructor-form scenes.
By pferreira1983
Terrace wrote:
Feng certainly tried.
I know and angered a lot of fans in the process.
Alphagaia wrote:
Well, the haters wanted to make it look this way. There are plenty of videos and articles that show Feig responding to valid criticism with valid response, but somehow people forget that and feel they are lumped in by the trolls and misogynists when Feig brushes away that very vocal group as not important.
The thing is Alpha, nearly all interviews or comments I've heard from Feig have been him taking a pop at the general fanbase. Firstly he should have been more clear in his targets, secondly he should have embraced the fans from the beginning instead of creating a movie, leaving them out of the loop for the whole production process. Look what Disney did with The Force Awakens, most of that fanbase are on their side.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:Firstly he should have been more clear in his targets, secondly he should have embraced the fans from the beginning instead of creating a movie, leaving them out of the loop for the whole production process. Look what Disney did with The Force Awakens, most of that fanbase are on their side.
TFA didn't embrace the fans, it manipulated them. They did a remake of Star Wars (1977) with new characters, and then awkwardly shoved in the old characters hoping no one would notice. A remake in sequel's clothing.

Fans need to get over this idea that they're in charge. They're just being pandered to.

But anyway, I hope your vacation went well! :)
By MagicPrime
JurorNo.2 wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Firstly he should have been more clear in his targets, secondly he should have embraced the fans from the beginning instead of creating a movie, leaving them out of the loop for the whole production process. Look what Disney did with The Force Awakens, most of that fanbase are on their side.
TFA didn't embrace the fans, it manipulated them. They did a remake of Star Wars (1977) with new characters, and then awkwardly shoved in the old characters hoping no one would notice. A remake in sequel's clothing.

Fans need to get over this idea that they're in charge. They're just being pandered to.

People trying to dig on TFA keep saying that. But outside of a few loose beats I have yet to see what they are talking about.

Outside of a Desert Planet (which would make the third canon desert planet in the movies) and them blowing up a third Death Star (which is NOT a big deal seeing as how many super weapons had been developed and blown up in the Legends novels since RotJ) I have yet to see what they are talking about.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:]

Maybe it was manipulation, I never said I liked the movie but generally people liked the movie so...maybe it worked?
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:]

Maybe it was manipulation, I never said I liked the movie but generally people liked the movie so...maybe it worked?
I don't think it's the worst movie of all time or anything. Just the usual case of over hype and fans filling in a lot of blanks.
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:
I don't think it's the worst movie of all time or anything. Just the usual case of over hype and fans filling in a lot of blanks.
I guess you could say that listening to the fans helped rake in fantastic Box Office sales but in this case it was what was the right thing to do with the franchise. It doesn't make me optimistic for future movies from Disney because the new Star Wars movies seem to have been made by committee.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
I guess you could say that listening to the fans helped rake in fantastic Box Office sales but in this case it was what was the right thing to do with the franchise. It doesn't make me optimistic for future movies from Disney because the new Star Wars movies seem to have been made by committee.
It is a long way from the independent spirit of the OT.
pferreira1983 liked this
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]