Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By timeware
Well see once the scene is in the movie. if done tasteful like the mask i have no issue with it. Mask is one of my favorite films. Now if it's done to be mean spirited like having mindless zombies running into walls, and acting like morons then i'll have an issue with the dance number.
By Alphagaia
I actually liked the Cuban Pete part in the Mask! Now since it's the closest comparison people will think it's a tonal copy of that scene, but that's judging LOTR by watching a scene of Game of thrones. Both great movies/books with similarities in a fantasy setting, but altogether very different in story and tone.
By castewar
SpaceBallz wrote:Not giving the nickname "Peckers" to anyone that doesn't like the idea of the reboot.
Well, seems a good time to clarify and reiterate my position, since so often people just make assumptions and go from there;

"Anyone that doesn't like the idea of a reboot."
I have no nickname for these people. They are a wide range of fans with a wide range of opinions on the matter. I disagree with most, as I don't think judging a movie prior to seeing it makes sense. But c'est la vie, it's their opinion. These people are all over Proton Charging.

"Haters"
These are the fans who want to repeat their opinion constantly. Bit of a grey overlap with the wider pool of fans that aren't happy, but at the other end it's guys beaking off at every opportunity ad nauseum. Mostly they roam free on PC, but due to their constant complaints they tend to get challenged a lot, which they chalk up to their opinion and not how they're sharing it. Forcefully on an audience that's heard it already.

"Peckers"
This is a new one. It does not apply to unhappy fans in general. It can be applied to the most egregious of the haters, but mostly because at that point they become exactly whom the term is aimed at; those that want to cause havoc and distress. Like, say, a guy that DMs me to tell me I'm a paid shill and I'll die from diabetes.

Now, if you don't like the term Pecker, relax. It's probably not aimed at you. If you want to be upset about it on behalf of the people calling Paul Feig a f** on Twitter, or calling Troy a poseur, or using Patton Oswalt's recently deceased wife to hurt him, well, that's your hill to die on if you so choose. I wouldn't.

But I'll meet you there if you want.

:love:

PS I'm not Troy's sock-puppet on Twitter. He's totally mine.
By Alphagaia
Also, Spaceballz calls GB16 a 'repoop' on several occasions but takes offence when someone else coins 'peckers'.

Maybe both groups should stop inventing names to belittle each other preference.
It's insulting.
JurorNo.2, Kingpin liked this
Holy sith!!! I just saw the italian dubbed trailer. It is far far far far far worse. They worsened all the jokes. Example: the line about "sad women" turned into something like" they're ugly as shit (the exact italian word is "cozze", mussels. A word we use to describe a very ugly woman). Think of one of your worse and vulgar comedians and that's the humor Gb16 will have here.

The ruined The Holy Grail. The knights who say Ni turned into The knights who say f*** you.
weepel wrote:
pyhasanon wrote: I guess it's because they're trying so hard to fight the race and gender argument, but kind of contradict themselves with this joke... which may have been the intention, to poke fun at it, but it doesn't work for me... and I'm probably not the only person who thinks that...
I just think the whole thing is way too cliche and I've seen it way too many times. People crowd surf failing has been done to deathNd the joke the same. If you're going to give me the same thing I've seen a hundred times before than at least put an interesting spin on it. There's been times in shows where people have used racism for great comedic effect. Like Curb Your Enthusiasm. There's an episode where a girl says Larry never hired her to be on Seinfeld because she was black and the whole conversation and response from him is hillarious.
I get it with the crowd surfing but I can't think of any examples where it has been used as a set-up for a racism and sexism combined joke.
By SpaceBallz
Alphagaia wrote:Also, Spaceballz calls GB16 a 'repoop' on several occasions but takes offence when someone else coins 'peckers'.

Maybe both groups should stop inventing names to belittle each other preference.
It's insulting.
I used "repoop" twice before someone kindly asked me to not use it anymore in which I complied. I got a chuckle out of it after seeing the word used on a facebook comment section when one person asked if the movie was a sequel and someone replied "No, it's another repoop." Most reboots end up being poop. "Repoop" was used to describe reboots in general, "Peckers" is used as a derogatory name to a group of people that don't share your opinion. Huge difference.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Also, Spaceballz calls GB16 a 'repoop' on several occasions but takes offence when someone else coins 'peckers'.

It's insulting.
I used "repoop" twice before someone kindly asked me to not use it anymore in which I complied. I got a chuckle out of it after seeing the word used on a facebook comment section when one person asked if the movie was a sequel and someone replied "No, it's another repoop." Most reboots end up being poop. "Repoop" was used to describe reboots in general, "Peckers" is used as a derogatory name to a group of people that don't share your opinion. Huge difference.
By calling it a repoop, you are basically telling the people who are looking forward to it, that they are looking forward to shit. That may be different then calling a group "Peckers", but it's not as huge a difference as you make it out to be. It's still insulting for anyone who is curious or wants to like GB16.

I'm glad you stopped doing it, I was not aware you decided to put a pin in that remark.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote:Not only that some of us don't want it to appear anti military, ant cop. Making them look stupid as a result.
I don't see the scene in the reboot as anti-military or anti-cop, or somehow painting them as stupid. Intelligence is not a barrier to being possessed. Kevin may get possessed, but the much smarter Yates does as well. It's not a cop or a soldier's fault if they get manipulated by Rowan, whose powers are growing, they're not prepared for that sort of fight.
timeware wrote:Not necessarily. You could have them team up with the 1975 crew, have the rift throw them in different time lines then base the animated movie on a 3d filmation/classic Ghostbusters team up.
Let me put it another way, I don't want to see the reboot team joining forces with two guys whose third teammate is a bloody Gorilla. Fortunately, I can remain safe in the knowledge that such a pairing will never happen in the films because I just don't see Columbia/Sony working with Filmation in that sort of capacity.
By timeware
I don't see the scene in the reboot as anti-military or anti-cop, or somehow painting them as stupid. Intelligence is not a barrier to being possessed. Kevin may get possessed, but the much smarter Yates does as well. It's not a cop or a soldier's fault if they get manipulated by Rowan, whose powers are growing, they're not prepared for that sort of fight.
I get what your saying. Let's just pretend that Hollywood doesn't have a history of being anti troop anti cop. They don't need to turn it into an Oliver Stone, Michal Moore type of thing. There's been a lot of animosity towards the cops lately. They can have it be fun like Cuban Pete.
By Kingpin
Indeed, Hollywood hasn't always been kind to Police and soldiers (and in the 1980s, the FBI were often the butt of jokes and moronic decisions, in the 2010s it's the CIA).

I believe concerns about the scene playing to be anti-cop, anti-soldier will prove to be like the concerns the film will play to be anti-men: thankfully unfounded.
Alphagaia liked this
By subtrendy

This week, the subtrendy new team discussed the new Ghostbusters trailer. For the most part, our opinions are pretty mixed on it, but we tend to agree that regardless how we feel about the film (and we aren't particularly all that excited for it), the mob mentality of the response to it seems a bit extreme.

One thing I noticed exploring the forums here is that the tone here seems substantially more positive, which I guess makes sense all things considered. It's interesting reading more optimistic things from you guys!

To skip our first topic on the Dark Tower film and get straight to Ghostbusters, fast forward to 11:37.
SpaceBallz liked this
By timeware
It looks like a few of the troops behind them are giving the GB's the california howdy. I'm sure it's not the middle finger but maybe a sign of Rowan or something like that? I really hope it's not the Disco. Please let it be not the Disco. :sigh:
By d_osborn
Kingpin wrote:It looks like a couple of mistakes have been made with the National for the time that Fists of Fury came out, but all in all a reasonable recreation of back in the day:
HA! Great find! Maybe we'll see Cannibal Girls on a seedy theater marquee.
Troy liked this
By lozbloke
I thought the most recent international trailer was a vast improvement and I'm quietly optimistic for the movie. I think the problem is that a lot of the stuff shown in the trailers, particularly some of the gags, have no context behind them - so we seem to be shown the punchline without the build up, which of course leads to the joke being not funny or making no sense. E.G. I found the vomiting ghost scene funnier now it has the "That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen" line afterwards. Add this to the fact that - again as with a lot of trailers - the scenes shown isn't necessarily in the chronological order it appears in the movie.

I've gone back over a few Paul Feig films that I've seen and enjoyed (Bridesmaids, The Heat, Spy) and looked at their trailers, and it does seem to be an inherent theme.
Kingpin, Troy, JurorNo.2 liked this
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Anti cop? Anti military? I...can't....even........anyways. I always liked that scene from The Mask so count me in on the dance number!
In retrospect the scene kind of suffers because the police just stand there while Carrey goes off on one. At the time the scene was funny.
Alphagaia wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:

By calling it a repoop, you are basically telling the people who are looking forward to it, that they are looking forward to shit. That may be different then calling a group "Peckers", but it's not as huge a difference as you make it out to be. It's still insulting for anyone who is curious or wants to like GB16.
You can't blame people when nearly every remake ever made has been inferior to the original.
SpaceBallz liked this
Kingpin wrote:
timeware wrote: Fortunately, I can remain safe in the knowledge that such a pairing will never happen in the films because I just don't see Columbia/Sony working with Filmation in that sort of capacity.
Kingpin Sony have plans to merge the comedic 21 Jump Street with MIB. Don't put it past them.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:It looks like a couple of mistakes have been made with the National for the time that Fists of Fury came out, but all in all a reasonable recreation of back in the day
So, where does that place the Mercado Hotel in theory, on -- West 43rd? 7th Avenue?
By Kingpin
pferreira1983 wrote:Sony have plans to merge the comedic 21 Jump Street with MIB. Don't put it past them.
I'm happy to go on the record, and to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson, in that that plan by Sony is a stupid-ass idea.
mrmichaelt wrote:
Kingpin wrote:It looks like a couple of mistakes have been made with the National for the time that Fists of Fury came out, but all in all a reasonable recreation of back in the day
So, where does that place the Mercado Hotel in theory, on -- West 43rd? 7th Avenue?
The Mercado appears to be between West 46th and West 47th on 7th Avenue (listed as 1525 Broadway - Address gleamed from this photo: link), located just two blocks North of One Astor Plaza (which appears in one shot of the Mercado), and replaces a cluster of small buildings East of Hotel W.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:The Mercado appears to be between West 46th and West 47th on 7th Avenue (listed as 1525 Broadway - Address gleamed from this photo: link), located just two blocks North of One Astor Plaza (which appears in one shot of the Mercado), and replaces a cluster of small buildings East of Hotel W.
Thank you, Kingpin. I'm glad to see you had a lock on that already.
By SpaceBallz
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:Anti cop? Anti military? I...can't....even........anyways. I always liked that scene from The Mask so count me in on the dance number!

The dance number worked in "The Mask" because Jim Carry's character turned into a live-action cartoon (the mask enhanced the person's inner desires). What's the point of Rowan making the military/cops dance to a disco song if he's trying to rule the world? NONE. NONE, WHATSOEVER. It's OKAY to not like at least ONE aspect of this project ya know. I don't support the reboot but I did enjoy a few things from the recent trailer.
By pyhasanon
Why would Rowan do it? To humiliate them, that's why... same reason why the Mask did it...
Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
pyhasanon wrote:Why would Rowan do it? To humiliate them, that's why... same reason why the Mask did it...
The Mask did it as 1. a getaway and 2. because he was having fun. Making someone dance to disco is very weak in the humiliation field. That's like, a 10-year old dare.
By pyhasanon
Nobody said this movie had a high maturity level... were you expecting it to? I highly doubt it...
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]