Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By ecto1matt
Here is the river of slime flow effect in a B&W picture. I'm sure they had another one for the overflow where they most likely had a model in a similar shape as the matte painting that they lowered to get the effect. Like the SG1 episode of them in the Goa'uld ship going under the ocean they submerged set for the room of water filling up & down when needed.

http://singlemindedmovieblog.blogspot.c ... of-24.html
By Alphagaia
It's an interesting read. How a few frames and (lack off) fade to blacks can build up a trailer joke the right or wrong way.
Savc, are you on the penny arcade forum as well?
Sav C liked this
By featofstrength
pyhasanon wrote:
Thanks, but I already knew that when it comes to blending CGI and traditional effects, Fury Road is the new bar... and we should expect no less moving forward.

Oh, hey, did you guys see Civil War ye... oh, snap, I've gotta get my TMNT 2 tickets!!
By gboy6
Mod Edit:

Discretion is advised with the UK TV spot, it contains one of the cameos for the film.

Thanks to Proton Charging's facebook page: This new trailer, from UK, shows that the trap is stored on the bottom of the pack and it has wireless activation, the device that's strapped to Holtzmann's left arm. https://youtu.be/gedEQr9HFZI
Last edited by Kingpin on May 28th, 2016, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added note about spoiler
Alphagaia, Kingpin, zeta otaku and 1 others liked this
By pferreira1983
pyhasanon wrote:Here's a question - if the original didn't exist, with nothing to compare to, would everybody still think the same of the ghost special effects?
It would probably be seen as just generic. In regards to the UK trailer
This Post Contains Spoilers
By pferreira1983
d_osborn wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:
I think their "complaint box" is pretty damn full.
Which reminds me, I've seen a lot of hater backpedaling after the new trailers. It'll be interesting to see opinions shift the closer we get to release.
Don't worry, you'll be happy to know I haven't backpedaled and I still don't like the new movie. :wink:
By SpaceBallz
gboy6 wrote:Mod Edit:

Discretion is advised with the UK TV spot, it contains one of the cameos for the film.

Thanks to Proton Charging's facebook page: This new trailer, from UK, shows that the trap is stored on the bottom of the pack and it has wireless activation, the device that's strapped to Holtzmann's left arm. https://youtu.be/gedEQr9HFZI
Ugh...part of me just died a little on the inside.
DaveLister liked this
By pyhasanon
I support the reboot AND believed the Reddit leak, and I'm still looking forward to it... people are allowed to have opinions, especially if there's no credibility behind the source, no need to mock people with "I told you so" mentality...
Kingpin, zeta otaku, JurorNo.2 and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
Sav C wrote:I'll wait till I see the full movie on Bluray.
Sadly, given it's already been used in on TV spot here in the UK, I would not be surprised of it cropping up in America.

I'm genuinely surprised they went and put it in the spot.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
It's not surprising to me, the marketing is all over the place in panic mode. If there was a proper strategy from marketing day one then I'm sure there'd still be embargos on anybody spoiling the cameos like there were when they were filmed.
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote: I'm genuinely surprised they went and put it in the spot.
A lot of fans I know were confused about whether the actors would be making cameos. Clarifying this was a good move. And most casual fans don't watch trailers or spoiler clips over and over, it will still be fresh when seeing the entire film for the first time.
Raystantz Italy wrote:Funny how no one believed the Reddit Leak.
With the amount of spoilers/leaks popping up online these days for most bigger movie releases, I expect most of them to be true. Gone are the days of releasing jack to the public and waiting to see it in a theater. Hell, studios themselves release 20+ TV spots as of late, showing a LOT of the film in the process. If it's a major release that I'm actually looking forward too, I tend to avoid anything released before the premier. This however, I just laugh sarcastically at everything I see/read.

Hollywood need to look at JJ Abrams for how to keep a lid on things before release. I didn't even know 10 Cloverfield Lane was coming out until a few months before hand (granted it may be the advertising in Australia) but still, lack of spoilers meant for a better viewing experience on the big screen.
By JurorNo.2
It's not the leaks were "lies." It's that they ultimately revealed very little. They stated certain scenes in the movie. After that, it's up to the individual person to decide whether that sounds good or bad to them. Simply saying, "It's not funny" isn't a leak or a spoiler. Plus, again, movies are a visual and auditory experience. You can't get a complete idea of a scene just by reading about it. You have to see and hear the actors' performances, not to mention editing choices, etc.

Furthermore, most fans do know this. It's just that the leaks provided cheap fuel to use against a movie they'd already decided to hate.
Alphagaia liked this
By DaveLister
gboy6 wrote:Mod Edit:

The 2016 6" figures have a lot of empty space where the trap could sit. Hope someone does a trap mod piece.
Well...I am starting to see the Reddit synopsis leak slowing become truth. Besides Wiig screaming "Ghosts are Real!" Into a camera did anyone else happen to notice the vaporous green mist recklessly driving the Ecto -1 around a corner? Now i am scared of the most terrifying aspect this movie...a female slimer with hair and a bow.... :walterpeck:
SpaceBallz liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:Im carefully leaving here a little toldyaso. :)
And so begins the childish "I told you so" comments...
pyhasanon wrote: And so begins the childish "I told you so" comments...
Not as childish as this still from an amateur Japanese bukake video:

What? WHAT? I'll see myself out...
SpenglerTrance liked this
By Jangonate
I fail to see how this lining up with the Reddit leak means it's instantly terrible. It was simply a plot outline with him insterting 'it sucked' and 'it wasn't funny' into certain points. All of that being subjective, of course, and doesn't mean it actually sucked or isn't funny. Doesn't help that he mentioned in the comments that he had a job with Sony that he doesn't care if he loses over the leak because he isn't happy with it. In other words, we're putting faith into a vengeful employee.

Plus, cuts of the movie have changed since then and Feig is getting much better test screenings. Who knows how much of tgat is left on the cutting room floor?

So in short, Reddit leak being true doesn't mean the movie sucks or will fail, just that one mad employee didn't like the cut he saw.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, lozbloke and 1 others liked this
By SpaceBallz
Jangonate wrote:I fail to see how this lining up with the Reddit leak means it's instantly terrible. It was simply a plot outline with him insterting 'it sucked' and 'it wasn't funny' into certain points. All of that being subjective, of course, and doesn't mean it actually sucked or isn't funny. Doesn't help that he mentioned in the comments that he had a job with Sony that he doesn't care if he loses over the leak because he isn't happy with it. In other words, we're putting faith into a vengeful employee.

Plus, cuts of the movie have changed since then and Feig is getting much better test screenings. Who knows how much of tgat is left on the cutting room floor?

So in short, Reddit leak being true doesn't mean the movie sucks or will fail, just that one mad employee didn't like the cut he saw.
There's a guy over at the SHH forums that saw the same screening as the negative review and this guy enjoyed it. He said everything matched up with his version except the negative review failed to mention the stay-puft float (assuming since he was working at the time he missed that quick scene).
Alphagaia liked this

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]