Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Doctor Venkman
JCRJr3 wrote:What figure stands are people using for these? My busters are having trouble standing on their own and my Dana for sure can't stand without assistance. Any recommendations?
I use the ones that were posted earlier in the thread.

Even they don't get Dana to stand up though, which is becoming pretty frustrating. I'm either going to have to glue her to the stand and stop her ankle from bending or use a lot of putty or something.
By Doctor Venkman
DST is going to have an SDCC Exclusive Marshmallow Venkman figure this year.

Perhaps DSTZach will be able to shed some light on if there will be any left over to sell elsewhere (like MattyCollector in the past).

Or, if not, I will need someone who can hook me up with one or two of these!
By toby88
For anyone who's ordered directly from DST, how have your figures card's/packaging arrived? Were they bent, torn, ripped, dented, etc? I'm a stickler for this kind of thing, so far I have purchased my figures from GameStop and Walmart.com, and have not been able to get my figures MOC.
By DSTZach
We intentionally did not make our exclusives necessary to complete the diorama. And there will be no exclusive new characters. if we had more unique characters we thought would sell, we probably would have just put them in the main line.

Not 100% sure how Peter will work, I believe Diamond sells to attending retailers first, but we will have some there, and if there are any left over afterwards we'll put them online.

There will also be a Ray, to be announced.

Sorry if people feel cheated having to buy a Quittin' Time Ray and Slimed Peter to build the diorama. It's a small price to pay for an additional part, IMHO. And it helps the line get placement at retailers who would otherwise balk at an assortment of secondary characters.
By grantofkings
While I'm glad the exclusives aren't needed to complete a set, is there a reason for two additional Ray's and Peter's, instead of a second Egon or Winston? Or non-possessed Dana and Louis? I get that the slimed Peter is pretty iconic, but an extra pair of both seems odd (unless there's a slow trickle of marshmallow variants coming over time).

I'm glad it's not something like two Ready to Believe You versions with diorama pieces and a third as an exclusive though.
By Havoc0213
grantofkings wrote:While I'm glad the exclusives aren't needed to complete a set, is there a reason for two additional Ray's and Peter's, instead of a second Egon or Winston? Or non-possessed Dana and Louis? I get that the slimed Peter is pretty iconic, but an extra pair of both seems odd (unless there's a slow trickle of marshmallow variants coming over time).

I'm glad it's not something like two Ready to Believe You versions with diorama pieces and a third as an exclusive though.
Mattel packed an extra Ray and Peter per case in the classics line. Perhaps the popularity of those characters are expected to draw in more sales than Egon and Winston.
By DSTZach
We have all four marshmallow variants designed, and they will all come out eventually. I think we went with double Ray and Peter in the main line because they are the most popular characters, and they were the first marshmallow figures for the same reason. But if they sell well, Winston and Egon are ready, yes.

Alternate versions of Louis and Dana would be completely different sculpts, head and body. If we thought there was a need for both, we probably would have included them in the main line, but then you've got the duplication of characters again.

Before trying eBay, check with the usual retailers, as they may be able to order them.
By Kingpin
featofstrength wrote:I would jump all over the quittin' time variants if they had cigarettes hanging out of their mouths, or at least a lit one in a hand sculpted to hold it.
Not having cigarettes wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, as we see both Ray and Peter without them while in their "off the clock" look, it'd be a easily forgivable omission if it helps make sure cigarettes don't look "cool" any more.
By godgundam23
I go to sleep for the day cause i work 3rd shift, wake up to find a bbts newsletter saying "oh hey we got sdcc pre-orders up". Only to find that Venkman's pre-order is already sold out. Prob gonna be ebay or pass for me =/
By featofstrength
Kingpin wrote:
featofstrength wrote:I would jump all over the quittin' time variants if they had cigarettes hanging out of their mouths, or at least a lit one in a hand sculpted to hold it.
Not having cigarettes wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, as we see both Ray and Peter without them while in their "off the clock" look, it'd be a easily forgivable omission if it helps make sure cigarettes don't look "cool" any more.
Did I say "deal breaker?" My opinion: it would make it that much better... at the least, unique.

one of the best "adult collectibles" to date:

Even the Real Ghostbusters were allowed get tipsy on bbbb.
By Sallah
Long-time lurker, first time-poster... I finally took the plunge on signing up just to talk about these figures. :)

I will post reviews of each one at my youtube/website over time, but I will say right now that I really can't get over how much better these are than the Mattel figures (and at a fraction of the price if you get them at TRU). Really, REALLY awesome figures.

Sallah
By ObiHahn
Sallah wrote:Long-time lurker, first time-poster... I finally took the plunge on signing up just to talk about these figures. :)

I will post reviews of each one at my youtube/website over time, but I will say right now that I really can't get over how much better these are than the Mattel figures (and at a fraction of the price if you get them at TRU). Really, REALLY awesome figures.

Sallah
Great pictures! IMHO these figures turned out better than Mattel's version in all aspects but joints (loose on DST figs, tight on Mattel figs), leg hose material and Egon's glasses. ;)
By Sallah
Thanks very much! I should have a full gallery and video review up for Peter in the next few days... The video ended up being way longer than expected as my sons and I just started geeking out on Ghostbusters for most of it. :)

I actually didn't have any issues with loose joints on mine so far. Fingers crossed!

Sallah
By Doctor Venkman
Starting to get kind bummed at how often the figures fall over, even with the stands that I bought. Venkman's ankles are so loose that he basically just falls all the time. Dana never, and I mean never stood up. So she's just laying on the bench at this point.

I still love the figures, but I gotta figure out how to get them to stand up and not fall over every day or so (or less for some of them).
By ShiftyHenry
DSTZach wrote:We intentionally did not make our exclusives necessary to complete the diorama. And there will be no exclusive new characters. if we had more unique characters we thought would sell, we probably would have just put them in the main line.

Not 100% sure how Peter will work, I believe Diamond sells to attending retailers first, but we will have some there, and if there are any left over afterwards we'll put them online.

There will also be a Ray, to be announced.

Sorry if people feel cheated having to buy a Quittin' Time Ray and Slimed Peter to build the diorama. It's a small price to pay for an additional part, IMHO. And it helps the line get placement at retailers who would otherwise balk at an assortment of secondary characters.
Zach, just to clarify. The TBA Ray is also a SDCC16 exclusive?
By Sallah
Buckynohair wrote:I've just ordered some Kaiser doll stands 1101. I'm hoping they're a good fit. Any chance of pictures of yours sallah?
Here ya go! I went with the Kaiser 2075 stand due to all the gear the figures have. A small clip would have trouble getting around the utility belt/ proton pack stuff. I also went in from the side of the figure, so that one part of the clip is between the figure and the pack-

Sallah
below_radar_00 liked this
By Sallah
Our Diamond Select Toys​ Ghostbusters Series 2 Peter Venkman review is up if anyone would like to check it out. :)

Full gallery of pics & a beefy video review here: http://www.actionfeatures.net/2016/06/t ... elect.html

Our video reviews start with a full look at the figure followed by a sit down discussion with my sons and I about that figure/toyline. When we like something, we tend to spend extra time on the discussion portion. So this one is a little long. ...

Sallah
featofstrength liked this
By Dr.D
So far the only problem I've had is the hose connecting the pack to the proton gun has pinched on two of the figures and yesterday Winston's finally tore off. Any suggestions on repair/replacement for that hose?

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]

Hello all, Since the Haslabs Proton Packs are n[…]