By travisccook
Reviving an old thread a bit with a question regarding the ribbon cable. I've got a trap on the way to me and I want to do the ribbon cable mod as a start... Do i need the 20-pin cable or 26-pin cable from the shop to fit the Matty hole, and what sort of systems did you guys use to secure the ends of the cable in the slot (to ensure the pedal can hang safely)?

Thanks!

[Edit: Changing search criteria and using Google found me what I was looking for! http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =3&t=27978 for future adventurers.]
So hopefully not a repeat questions (can't seem to find an answer to my question), how do you keep the cartridge of the matty trap from falling out? I was at my first gig a couple weekend ago , wearing my matty trap quite a bit, and I noticed the cartridge was slightly dislodged after walking around awhile. I probably only noticed at the time because I was asked to demo the trap for someone, and had to finagle with it for a minute before it powered on.

Just wondered if you thought of a work around for this? My thought was to strap them together discreetly somehow, so I was sure it wouldn't fall out. Or, another option could be putting the trap on backwards, so that the cartridge is always sitting on the rest of the trap, letting gravity do the work.

How are the "pros" do it? :-)
Huh... that's odd. I've worn my trap at cons for literally hours and not have that happen. If this is an on going problem, I'd suggest thickening the inner walls of the trap body to keep the cartridge in there snug, but still removable. I'd recommend layering strips of tape until you get a nice balance of the cartridge still being removable, but isn't going to pop out unless you WANT it to.
Funny thing for me is that I had the trap for a whole year and didn't even know the cartridge came out...ha! If that happened to mine, my solution would be to add some of the Neodymium magnets like the ones use for the leg hose mod. It would certainly hold and would probably make a nice solid click sound when you put it back together.
PJCGB98 wrote:Has anyone replaced the hose or wire loom from the pedal to the trap yet for any reason? If so if there a thread on it with photos? Thank you.
I keep mine as a display piece. The original cable fits real snug on both, so I tend not to plug that in and out too much so it won't get loose over time.

To mess around with it myself I just use a female to female stereo audio lead, it works fine.

One day I'll mod a realistic cable with the movie accurate length (15-20 ft).
I know there was a post where someone replaced it with an XLR cable of the appropriate length and was able to rewire it with XLR plugs on both ends to maintain functionality. I am thinking of drilling out the pneumatic fittings and running a wire inside an air hose. I don't know if I can make them quick connect and functional but I think it will look more realistic. I am not shy in trying things out on my matty props because I bet you they will be doing a re-release with the new movie. Then I will kick myself for paying what I did for mine...lol.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]