Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Scuba Steve wrote:
Nassik wrote:The women in my Franchise are already starting to quote this movie and it's cool to hear them running with new quips and references. :)
Can I legitimately ask you; what are they quoting? I can't remember more than a couple quotes, and one of them is just a line from another movie.
I've used "that's sad - you're a scientist!" on my friend already. Slighty modified from the movie line but still very usable in many situations.
I saw it for the second time last night, and enjoyed it on second viewing.

The theatre was about a third full, not great, but not too bad for twelve days after release in my town, and despite the audience numbers, there were plenty of laughs throughout, with Holtzmann and Kevin proving the audience favourites.
Sav C, Ivo Shandor liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:
CPU64 wrote: GB2 did get an Oscar...
Oh my gosh I actually fell for that and looked up IMDB for visual effects. :evil:
You aren't the first, even though I hate to admit it, I had to google "Ghostbusters II Oscar" to figure it out. Of course it should've won an Oscar for VFX, but that's a different story...
pferreira1983, CPU64 liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:
Sav C wrote: You aren't the first, even though I hate to admit it, I had to google "Ghostbusters II Oscar" to figure it out. Of course it should've won an Oscar for VFX, but that's a different story...
I agree, it should have. Did The Abyss win?
I wouldn't know. It should've won best costumes also. Heck, it should've swept them all ;)
pferreira1983 liked this
Ivo Shandor wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote: Can I legitimately ask you; what are they quoting? I can't remember more than a couple quotes, and one of them is just a line from another movie.
I've used "that's sad - you're a scientist!" on my friend already. Slighty modified from the movie line but still very usable in many situations.
My friends and I have used a few quotes from the movie so far:
"I'm not going into that room of nightmares."
"You spell science with a Y."
"Never compare me to the mayor from Jaws."
"I know God doesn't make mistakes, but he was probably drunk when he made -insert friend-."
AND
"I see you car!"

That last one doesn't count though since it was from a Leslie Jones car commercial before the movie. I consider this a win for me as the only Ghostbusters quote they used before was "There is no -insert friend- only Zuul."
elsoldao7 wrote:Seen it 3 times already & still lovin it. My oldest daughter is crazy about the movie, even my wife liked it!
(& I think I've fallen in love with Kristen Wiig! Oddly enough, she's my wife's least favorite [emoji28] )
I liked Wiig on SNL but never loved her movie characters...

Erin Gilbert is a big exception!
Ivo Shandor wrote:
elsoldao7 wrote:Seen it 3 times already & still lovin it. My oldest daughter is crazy about the movie, even my wife liked it!
(& I think I've fallen in love with Kristen Wiig! Oddly enough, she's my wife's least favorite [emoji28] )

Erin is friggin hot! Even her dancing is sexy! I got the clip when they're at the Jimmy Kimmel show, I want to take Kristen out to party in San Juan!
Sav C, Ivo Shandor liked this
elsoldao7 wrote:
Ivo Shandor wrote:

Erin is friggin hot! Even her dancing is sexy! I got the clip when they're at the Jimmy Kimmel show, I want to take Kristen out to party in San Juan!
Oh I agree! She was good in Bridesmaids but I never really cared for her other movie characters. But when she was on SNL I always considered her very hot.

I love Erin's personality in ATC. She reminds me of Ray, who has always been my favorite Ghostbuster.

Erin's reaction when Holtzmann is dancing around with the blowtorches is fantastic.
Just got back from seeing it, so the answer to the topic question is now "Yes!"

The friend of mine who wanted to see it went (it was kind of a birthday present for her, since it's her birthday) and so did her husband, the movie fanatic who was kind of blase about seeing it previously. My brother Ogre actually paid for their tickets.
Kingpin liked this
ENOUGH!!!!

Putting down my Reboot Hater Hat and putting up the Curious Gb Fans one.

I was (still i'm) against the very notion of this reboot. This wasn't a franchise that needed a total restart. It needed an awakening of the (ecto) force ;)

I don't like how it was conceived, semi stolen from Reitman's hands (yes, Alpha, emails can be twisted and interpreted).
Didn't liked the trailer.
BUT.

But then Reitman began doing press interviews. I saw every article.
He sounded like a man who regained some control over his baby.
The way he talked about Ghost Corps, the future projects. Heck, a new live action movie!!!

He hinted about possibilities of a crossover with the old team. He defended Feig and his work.......and defended the fans who didn't liked the reboot idea.

It's thanks to Ivan Reitman if i'm now curious to see the movie. I want to see this in order to fully appreciate what Reitman & Aykroyd will give us in the future. They are steering the franchise again.

Still, I'm not paying for it. This wasn't a Ghost Corps production, even if the logo is at the beginning.
It was produced by Feigco and Montecito.

My sister has two free ticket for her birthday, so we'll use them to see the movie.

I'm afraid of the dubbing. Just saw some clips in italian. They sumper dumb-ized the whole movie. Not only with the translation, but also with the voice actresses. They all sounds like Pinky from Pinky and the Brain. Patty sounds like a female Homer Simpson. Saw the Rowan transformation in the final battle. Seemed like a scene from Rock-a-Doodle by Don Bluth.

Here in Italy it will not be a success, that's granted.

But, the important thing is: guys, my faith in the franchise is restored. Beaten, lightly injuried but recovering and still here.

Nice working with you!
Sav C, Kingpin, Alphagaia liked this
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/27/gh ... ry-clinton

I had hoped that this was satire or an undiscovered April Fools joke. I still plan on seeing this movie but it's one sided crap like this that prevents me from enjoying the new Ghostbusters movie. I would say the same if they endorsed Donald Trump, or Bernie Sanders. Did they endorse Ronald Reagan? Would Dan have endorsed Jimmy Carter if Ghostbusters was released a few years earlier?
timeware wrote:http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/27/gh ... ry-clinton

I had hoped that this was satire or an undiscovered April Fools joke. I still plan on seeing this movie but it's one sided crap like this that prevents me from enjoying the new Ghostbusters movie. I would say the same if they endorsed Donald Trump, or Bernie Sanders. Did they endorse Ronald Reagan? Would Dan have endorsed Jimmy Carter if Ghostbusters was released a few years earlier?
Dan probably would have endorsed Walter Mondale and then spent the next 30 years trying to assure us that eventually it would happen. ;P
timeware wrote:Would Dan have endorsed Jimmy Carter if Ghostbusters was released a few years earlier?
Jimmy Carter? You mean this guy? :-D

Anyway, I don't think Dan can vote in US elections. How do you feel about Justin Trudeau? :)
Don't get me started on Carter. I dont think Kingpin would appreciate nine pages of obscenities. Lol. I hadn't heard the name Justin Trudeau until you mentioned it. I don't really pay attention to politics in other countries unless it's something like Brexit or one of the British Princes coming down to support our troops.
timeware wrote:I hadn't heard the name Justin Trudeau until you mentioned it. I don't really pay attention to politics in other countries unless it's something like Brexit or one of the British Princes coming down to support our troops.
It's OK, I had to look it up first myself, hehe. :oops:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
timeware wrote:Would Dan have endorsed Jimmy Carter if Ghostbusters was released a few years earlier?
Jimmy Carter? You mean this guy? :-D

Anyway, I don't think Dan can vote in US elections. How do you feel about Justin Trudeau? :)
timeware wrote:Don't get me started on Carter. I dont think Kingpin would appreciate nine pages of obscenities. Lol. I hadn't heard the name Justin Trudeau until you mentioned it. I don't really pay attention to politics in other countries unless it's something like Brexit or one of the British Princes coming down to support our troops.
Ivo Shandor wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote: Can I legitimately ask you; what are they quoting? I can't remember more than a couple quotes, and one of them is just a line from another movie.

WE PUT A GHOST IN A BOOOOOXXXXXX!!!

The hat is too much, right? Is it the wig or the hat...?

Nobody ordered a Clark Kent Strippergram...

You just got HOLTZMANNED!

You know, an aquarium is just a submarine for fish.

That man went through the wrong door.

Safety lights are for dudes.

Books can't fly, and neither can babies.

"Uhh, why am I the one operating the untested nuclear device...?"
"...You have the longest arms."

Does it make it more or less disgusting if I tell you it came from the front?

"I don't mean to ~DeBarge~ in..."
"Was that DeBarge...? I thought it was Devo."

Ah, I forgot about my new toys. ....lez gawh.

I have probably said "You try saying no to these salty parabolas" about sixteen times since I first saw it....
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
timeware wrote:I hadn't heard the name Justin Trudeau until you mentioned it. I don't really pay attention to politics in other countries unless it's something like Brexit or one of the British Princes coming down to support our troops.
Then you've gotta check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbowgate

Note: I didn't watch this whole video specifically, so I'm not completely sure it's what I intended to post.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Sav C wrote:
Then you've gotta check this out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbowgate

Note: I didn't watch this whole video specifically, so I'm not completely sure it's what I intended to post.
Wow, see, this is the kind of thing that would make C-SPAN more entertaining!
Sav C liked this

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]