Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By eightbitflash
The whole family enjoyed Ghostbusters quite a bit last weekend. Have a weird threory to float and will attempt to do so without any spoilers.

The cab that drops off Erin at the university beginning of the movie is the same cab that the dismissive yet knowledgeable cabbie is driving at the very end. How do we know this? The advertisement on top is a really distinct "Food Bank for New York City" graphic. Bright orange can't miss it. It's also in the Mayor of Jaws scene and probably a few other places I missed. The three listed here are solo Erin scenes.

So my theory is that this cabbie is the same in all scenes, and is perhaps guiding Erin through her whole transformation into a true Ghostbuster. I know this is just a crackpot theory or simply a string of coincidences, but I kind of like the concept of a secret mentor hiding in the movie.
ghostJAR, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Kingpin
The counter to that theory is:

Outside the universe: they just reused the same taxi cab prop multiple times.
Inside the universe: multiple cars in the fleet were carrying that advertisement, like adverts on busses.
By JurorNo.2
I'll go with it! If only because it's a little strange that Erin never uses the subway. I mean I don't get the impression she's exactly loaded, lol.
By mrmichaelt
JurorNo.2 wrote:I'll go with it! If only because it's a little strange that Erin never uses the subway. I mean I don't get the impression she's exactly loaded, lol.
Yeah, the novelizations, maybe based on early drafts or just the author noted Erin only had $21,000 in her savings account and she used that to help fund Ghostbusters.
By JurorNo.2
mrmichaelt wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:I'll go with it! If only because it's a little strange that Erin never uses the subway. I mean I don't get the impression she's exactly loaded, lol.
Yeah, the novelizations, maybe based on early drafts or just the author noted Erin only had $21,000 in her savings account and she used that to help fund Ghostbusters.
Ouch, yeah, which means the last thing you should be doing is taking cabs, lol.
By Scum

It's been this guy the whole time!!!
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Scum wrote:Image

It's been this guy the whole time!!!
Oh yeah that guy, so was he just on hiatus from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride?
Scum, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
mrmichaelt wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Ouch, yeah, which means the last thing you should be doing is taking cabs, lol.
Yeah, but it's a New York thing isn't it?
For people who can afford it.
By JurorNo.2
Ivo Shandor wrote:Why would her "hidden mentor" abandon her just when she needed him most?
What? He told her not to be afraid of no ghost. ;)
By shhhhquiet
Ivo Shandor wrote:Why would her "hidden mentor" abandon her just when she needed him most?
Mentor figures disappear at the climax of the plot all the time so the hero can defeat the villain on their own.

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]