This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Ryan The Ghostbuster
Thank you for posting and showing me the other side..now I can get to work ha ha.
I know their gear isn't all perfectly accurate but it is all pretty well with in the ball park at Madame Tussauds, they have had access to reference for a while we don't have yet it seems. Any way I've been trying my best to get some better reference of Rowans device on display there but it is often overlooked since it is in a side room (near Holtzmann) and not something recognizable as Ghostbusters gear (yet) any way here is the best shot I have found of it and it shows the other side pretty well.Image
Hope this helps
By Ryan The Ghostbuster

and my favorite the missing side!

Now all we need is about $100 in copper pipe and fittings, $120 in 24v relays, some uv leds, a $25 gauge, a ceiling lightning fixture for the base, a painted domed squirl baffle and some bolts and paint....easy?
By gold333
I never understood the 19th century thick panel beaten riveted copper steampunk look and transistor tubes in the direction they chose for this.

Did I miss something in the movie, or where did Rowan get these 19th century technology looking items?
By Ryan The Ghostbuster
gold333 wrote:I never understood the 19th century thick panel beaten riveted copper steampunk look and transistor tubes in the direction they chose for this.

Did I miss something in the movie, or where did Rowan get these 19th century technology looking items?

I thought the same thing a first glance, that the steampunk look (although I love steam punk gear) seemed a little out of place but the more I thought about it the more it started to make sense.... I mean as much as any of our gear makes sense.

The man works, possibly lives, in the basement of a grand vintage hotel. He's am overlooked genius getting by as a maintenance man relegated to the boiler room and his build style reflects this, much as Holtzmanns lab-rat lifestyle and engineering background come out in her gear . All the parts and assembly techniques appear modern just stuff cobbled together from plumbing and what he can find in an old hotel and at a hardware store. Also apparently some "chromium alloy" which can appear copper or brass (I checked) although I would have used aluminum but that's just me.

There is also the theory that he intentionally made them look this way to better fit in at locations like the subway..however this doesn't really make since in all the locations he used them.

Or heck maybe the dude just liked steampunk.... I mean characters can have side interests.

Now back to trying to bribe people in New York to take better pictures of the relays and that gauge so I will have a sense of scale and a few real components to get this started.
gold333, Azgbfan, Kingpin liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]