Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By justkelly
I'm hoping to. Caught it opening night, but the day after our local arts festival started up so I'm eyebrow-deep in live theatre stuff til the end of the month. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it after this whole thing is done. Still wanna see it in 3-D.
Sav C liked this
By Van_Dam
I saw it once, spent $5.75 on my ticket and viewed it in the theater's leather recliners. The bar in the theater even had a Ghostbusters themed drink where you ended up getting a free Crystal Head Vodka shot glass if you purchased it. To answer the question if I would see the film again I would say no. I thought the movie was so poorly done that I left the theater feeling like they should have given me my $5.75 back. The ongoing wanton soup thing, excessive use of "Let's go!" and the traveling time portal thing at the end was just too much for me. That mixed with the horrible acting of Rowan left me rolling my eyes in disgust. If I enjoyed anything about the movie at all I would say it would have been the opening scene, after that the movie dropped off the charts for me entirely.
MagicPrime, deadderek liked this
By ibadger
Saw it twice, one time in 3d. Second time wasn't as good as the first time, mostly because I knew the jokes already. Realized that I didn't like Kristen Wiig as much as I had before but only slightly. Somehow Kate McKinnon was better (and she was my least favorite the first time), and Leslie Jones, who was my favorite, dropped down a notch. Caught some things I missed. Certainly enjoyed it again, though. Great movie. Not perfect by any means, but I'd buy it on dvd. I rarely buy dvd movies so if I get the feeling I want to get something on dvd then it's a special case.

I realized the reason I liked Jillian more this time is because she had some lines that seemed spiritually similar to the original movies. Like her line about the smallest bow tie, it's a kind of smarmy GB humor that the others seemed to lack. Abby sort of has it a bit and Patty kind of overdoes her performance. I think they should have kept Melissa McCarthy in the Patty role now that I see it again.
By J10kmn
Went to see the movie again but with my brother (16) today. Still very much enjoyed it. He really enjoyed it and admitted that he while he understands why the original is a better movie, he liked the more cartoony comedy of this one. I do feel like I caught smaller things the second time that made me like it slightly more. I still really enjoy the cast. While I knew the villain was the weakest point of the movie the first time, I think that Rowan actually did disappoint me this time around primarily because I feel like this type of story had much more potential for a "reverse side of the same coin" aspect. Every time I see him it just reminds me of that. The gear continues to be a high point for me. Looking forward to buying it on blu-ray for the extra scenes and extras.
Alphagaia liked this
By gbgl2k16
I saw it on preview night, two days later for IMAX 3D, and then the next week to bring my family. I'm thinking either tonight or Saturday will entail another viewing.
Herring14 wrote:
I'm from the UK and saw it in Crawley Cineworld, West Sussex. It was really good fun! Getting sprayed in the face with water during the ghost vomit scene had the whole cinema laughing.
What else do they do to you during the movie? Kind of sounds like torture, not the movie itself I mean the 4D interactive experience. :-D
TrickOrTreater wrote:God no. Once was too much.

Wouldn't even see it again for free.
And that's why I'll see it online. :wink:
By Sav C
I saw a 4D nature film once. There was an eagle in it, and it went to snatch a fish with it's talons. The moment it grabbed the fish a little stick like thing came out of the seat and poked my back. I hate to admit it made me jump :)
By portugueseGB
Seen it for the third time and I still want to go see it again because i am still finding new stuff that had escaped me before. And still laughing from the jokes :). It's normal but the more I watch the more I like the characters and want to see them together again. What I like most about it is that it has so many busting scenes and how their equipment evolves over time. I love the scene where Holtzmann proudly introduces all the updates to the pack. Lots of respect there for a part of what we love about GB - the tech. Makes me dream about building a replica of each proton pack to show that evolution ;).

And I like to think that Martin Heiss, the Cab Driver/Aykroyd and Patty's uncle are all alternate universe versions of Venkman, Stantz and Winston, and that Spengler got more than just part of a Slinky when he was a kid and so grew up to become a respectable scientist in Columbia U. Venkman somehow had his family name changed. And maybe that cab driver really IS our own Stantz.

I disliked the 4D version. I kept feeling like saying "stop shaking my chair and let me watch it!"
Sav C liked this
By robbritton
Saw it for the sixth time on thursday. Will likely go again if I get the chance! Have a set of three friends in the UK who i would never have called ghostheads before who have been going every other day since they saw it, so that's lovely to be around! Have seen varying audience turn outs from full to just me and a handful. Have ALWAYS heard big laughs from the people, though.

Oh, and the sixth time was while on holiday in Malta for my wedding anniversary! It's safe to say the new team has found a fan in me (plus my wife and five year old loved it, which was so cool as a former six year old ghosthead back in 84 blathering on to MY mum! :) )
By GhostFan1
I saw it 2 weeks ago and won't be watching it again. Although I almost never watch a movie more than once at the theater, I think the last time I did that was one of the Star Wars movies. Overall I didn't think it was bad but it's my 3rd favorite Ghostbusters movie. :wink: I do hope it does well enough so that more movies get made.
By Jangonate
I'll be seeing it again today. Just three times for me. With 2 kids and a pregnant (and due any moment) wife, getting to the movies is tough. I sometimes don't even see a movie once in theaters. So three is a big number for me.

Taking the whole family this time. It'll be three times for my wife, twice for my five year old and a first for my three year old. We debated taking him, but the kid is just straight up obsessed with Ghostbusters AND Patty.
By lozbloke
Off to see it for the 4th and final time at the cinema here in the UK, with my sister who has been away performing on a ship. Gutted as it seems the local 3D showings have stopped to make way for newer 3D movies, so seeing it in 2D!

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]