By EmberFyre
So I've already purchased a few of the parts for my reboot pack with the intention of welding them together but unfortunately my mother seems to have completely vetoed that idea saying it was"way too dangerous".

So it is back to the drawing board for adhesives and I really have to stick with the stuff I've already bought so has anyone put theirs together using adhesive and if so what kind?
By Krenzy
Seek out a putty called FasWeld Epoxy Putty, which you can mold and press into different shapes, in this case, to resemble beads of a weld. It both adheres and is STRONG.

In my signature, go to my Spengler pack link, there's a picture and example on the bottom of page 4. ;)
By Lowberg
Are you inquiring about welding for attachment purposes or for cosmetic purposes?

For cosmetic purposes check out this link:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=21693

That putty also works great for attaching parts pretty permanently together, just be sure to wear rubber gloves while kneading and using it as it's pretty sticky and not good for your skin.
You can find it at most hardware stores or Walmart. JBWeld Epoxy Putty for Plastic/PVC, or Loctite Epoxy Putty
By deejeerie
Two thoughts from me;

In many cities they have collectives called Makerspace. My local one is Akron Makerspace. They might have a craftsperson that would be willing to do the welds for a fee. I am joining mine and will do my own welds.

I was thinking that a hot glue gun might create an acceptable alternative to the weld bead. You could do some custom shaping with it, then use a hot air gun to smooth it.

Or what about a silicone sealant like used on tubs? Idk about that one.
By GBfan4life88
On my build I've been using silicone as "welds" for cosmetic welds, and as long as you do it right it looks good once it is painted.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]