Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Sav C wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Did The Abyss win?
Just checked Wikipedia, and yeah it did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_A ... ects#1980s Ghostbusters II didn't even get nominated :evil:
Just so you know I'm dislking your comment not because I'm blaming you but because of the bad news you quoted. The sequel should have at least got nominated for visuals.
Sav C liked this
Honestly, no. The idea of a reboot was good, until they said it would be female actresses. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it doesn't stick to the original that's what bothers me. I haven't seen it, but a good plot would be a bunch of guys finding the originals and having them trained by them to be the new Ghostbusters or something like that. That's my opinion.
I don't have a problem with the busters' being female. I think I would've enjoyed the film
more if one of the busters' were the daughter of one of the originals and we would have to
figure out which one. S. Weaver would tell the busters' at the tail end of the movie which one
was the heir, thus leading us into the next sequel.
Then, finding a blueprint that would up their game in containing the ghost
with really cool weaponry with high-tech imagination in the 21st Century.
But what the heck do I know, I'm just a fan enjoying the show! LOL
Alphagaia wrote:I never got why the GB need to 'train' people. It's point and shoot. If Peter and Winston can do it (and he gets hired on the spot) wasn't the point of GB anyone can be a GB?
Yes it was. This is one of the reasons why a lot of people wanted a mixed team, myself included. This is an ideal that the fem bloggers will never understand less likely acknowledge, even though you have mixed teams in the comics and Extreme Ghostbusters.
Ghostsmashers would be a good example of this. You have the men and women of Ghostbusters working side by side in the IDW comics and they don't need to depict men as bumbling idiots. For the most part it's mutual respect.
pferreira1983 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:I never got why the GB need to 'train' people. It's point and shoot. If Peter and Winston can do it (and he gets hired on the spot) wasn't the point of GB anyone can be a GB?
It would be a nice way of showing the transfer from the old to the new. It would make a good story.
Sav C wrote: If I could I would dislike my own comment too.
Yeah, no worries. :mrgreen:
Sav C liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:
It would be a nice way of showing the transfer from the old to the new. It would make a good story.
A good story that still would have been banned in China.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
The movie has come and gone at my local theater and I didn't see it. I am usually against remakes cause I want the old movies continued and expanded upon, not ignored. I can make exceptions when all of the main cast members are dead or if the ending was so conclusive there is no where to go but start over.
Roger Rabbit wrote:The movie has come and gone at my local theater and I didn't see it. I am usually against remakes cause I want the old movies continued and expanded upon, not ignored. I can make exceptions when all of the main cast members are dead or if the ending was so conclusive there is no where to go but start over.
Well good news, the originals were anything but ignored. :)
zeta otaku, Alphagaia, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Roger Rabbit wrote:The movie has come and gone at my local theater and I didn't see it. I am usually against remakes cause I want the old movies continued and expanded upon, not ignored. I can make exceptions when all of the main cast members are dead or if the ending was so conclusive there is no where to go but start over.
The events of the previous films seemingly were, making a bunch of references to them is not the same as following the continuity.
Roger Rabbit wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
The events of the previous films seemingly were, making a bunch of references to them is not the same as following the continuity.
Have you ever heard of the term "spiritual successor"?
"A Spiritual Successor is a type of sequel that is not part of the same world or story as its predecessor, but is nonetheless considered to be a successor because it's made by the same creators; shares common themes, styles, or elements; or, most likely, both. In other words, it's a sequel "in spirit"." http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lSuccessor
zeta otaku, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Roger Rabbit wrote:
"A Spiritual Successor is a type of sequel that is not part of the same world or story as its predecessor, but is nonetheless considered to be a successor because it's made by the same creators; shares common themes, styles, or elements; or, most likely, both. In other words, it's a sequel "in spirit"." http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lSuccessor

So it's neither a spiritual successor. It's not made by the same creators nor have the same style. Plus, by asserting that they have same themes and elements you reinforce the notion that this reboot is useless.

A spiritual successor doesn't expand upon the old movies like Roger (and me) wants.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Roger Rabbit wrote:
Who are these "same creators" you speak of? Reitman has a producer credit on the remake which doesn't tell how involved he was in the actual making of the film. The returning cast members had cameos and nothing to do with the writing or directing as far as I know.
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?