I'm sure I'm in small company on this but I wanted to cosplay as Jillian Holtzmann for Halloween this year (after a few decades as a classic GB) if only to example to my daughter that a male can have a female screen hero and dress like them. It's easy enough to do the new jumpsuits via Rubies or various custom sources and I have a line on a pretty stellar reboot pack replica. But I was actually looking to emulate Holtzmann's pre-GB garb -- be it the coveralls and duffle or the biker jacket with cropped pants, etc.

I'm just a total noob when it comes to how to find these things and though I'll likely be hunting alone I figured if anyone else was looking I might start the thread in case others wanted to compare findings.

This deeply comprehensive list on the character's style (with many helpful links) was incredibly helpful, though nearly all the items linked to were for female fits only, and I'm too big at a chest size of 42 and a hip size of 38.

http://www.autostraddle.com/style-th...tzmann-345692/

Her Necklace is all over Etsy and Redbubble but a cheap official is coming to EntertainmentEarth and others who carry Rubies

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...2#.V51d4a72HnI

There are various options for goggles/glasses though the prime cut right now seems to be this pair by O'Riginals (but they won't ship until Nov)

https://originalstradingco.com/produ...ng-23-spectre/

There's a rubies wig that is mostly sold out at any sites I visited - it doesn't look that good anyway, was hoping I might find some better suggestions.

If anyone is a thrifty fashionista who can translate to male fits, I'd love to know. Meantime I've posted at the RPF and in the comments of the style thief thread listed above.

My thanks!
Lucifan, Bakermouse liked this
If you're considering dude!Holtzmann stuff that isn't the tan coveralls uniform, I would try thift stores (before you go to vintage shops, try straight-up thrift stores) for things like:

- fitted buttondowns: Alternatively, button downs with moderate stretch could be tailored to fit nicely. Also consider just looking at women's shirts.
- non-conventional ties (ascots, silk scarves, etc.)
- too-big matching vest and pants - you can probably tailor the vest to be a little more fitted; the pants should be about as high-waist as is comfortable and maybe bootcut-ish of flared and/or looser around the calf and ankle
- science-related t-shirts ( v. good with vest or denim-type jacket)
- a solid pair of leather(ish) fingerless gloves: I think the design is kind of important; I would definitely get the short ones with the back of the hand open and the holes for the knuckles. I feel like those details are pretty important to the relevance of the item.
- multi-tone Oxford shoes: these may need to come new, as I'm sure vintage ones have been snatched up from thrift stores and whatnot.

What is your hair like? You might consider doing something Holtz-inspired rather than getting the wig (which I feel is just-off enough for me to really dislike it). Also consider watching Kate McKinnon's Justin Bieber sketches from SNL. The way she delivered her "making magic" line after catching the ghost from the metal concert reminded me of those sketches, and I feel like a gentleman-type Holtzmann may have some of those faux-Bieber-ish quirks.

Honest to god, though, if I saw a guy rocking the cuffed overalls/leather jacket/cutoff gloves/ one tall sock/boots look, I'd lose it. Crop top not required.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I love this idea, go for it!
For Dragon Con, I've made my own fun cosplay twist on Holtzmann since I didn't have time to build the whole rig/coveralls in time this year.
As an idea for the Holtzmann 'mop top' of hair; depending on how long/how much hair you have on top, you might be able to get a partial hairpiece and pin it on with bobby pins. They make filler pieces (like toupees) for women that have longer hair, much of the time made of human hair so it can be curled and styled. Even dyed if needed.
A quick Ebay search came up with this:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?[url]_od ... r&_sacat=0[/url]
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]