Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Here's our preview of Ghostbusters International #8:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/20 ... ational-8/
HauntedWallflower liked this
Wow, Dan pretty much redesigned the second floor to mimic the layout seen in the stylized versions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
Kingpin wrote:So #8's purported to be out next Wednesday?
Yes, so far it is.
JayTigran wrote:It looks to me like...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Indeed.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on August 19th, 2016, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am getting absolutely spoiled with this series. ;). Seeing them utilize their portal this way makes me think that maybe someday, in the event of a supernatural outbreak so massive that all the franchises in their universe can't stop it, we can see them outsourcing to other Dimensions for back up. Like both The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters at the same time. The mere thought just blows my mind. ;). The team at IDW has me convinced that absolutely anything is possible. I am just enjoying the heck out of this Ark, I am really hoping we can see the Ghostbusters fight Krampus like Erik had teased wanting to do. I am just now hoping for these books to never end they are just so much fun. Sorry for being long winded just got myself worked up. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote:What's left to see now is
Looks like they're between episodes, imo, but the landscape is definitely based on "Cry Uncle" Central Park, imo. Maybe even that hot dog cart, too.
philmorgan81 liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:I am getting absolutely spoiled with this series. ;). Seeing them utilize their portal this way makes me think that maybe someday, in the event of a supernatural outbreak so massive that all the franchises in their universe can't stop it, we can see them outsourcing to other Dimensions for back up. Like both The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters at the same time. The mere thought just blows my mind. ;). The team at IDW has me convinced that absolutely anything is possible. I am just enjoying the heck out of this Ark, I am really hoping we can see the Ghostbusters fight Krampus like Erik had teased wanting to do. I am just now hoping for these books to never end they are just so much fun. Sorry for being long winded just got myself worked up. :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

We should be very grateful that this comic series got another chance at life giving us even more chances to see Erik and Co. keep expanding and exploring the GB mythos with more story arcs, characters and ghosts to bust; can't wait to see what happens next and what surprises the comic series has in store. ^_^
philmorgan81, Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
HauntedWallflower wrote:What's left to see now is
Looks like they're between episodes, imo, but the landscape is definitely based on "Cry Uncle" Central Park, imo. Maybe even that hot dog cart, too.
Oh yeah I always wanted to know what I was missing between episodes. :):):) There were so many spirits in the containment unit that we never saw them capture. :):):)

*NormalGamer* wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:I am getting absolutely spoiled with this series. ;). Seeing them utilize their portal this way makes me think that maybe someday, in the event of a supernatural outbreak so massive that all the franchises in their universe can't stop it, we can see them outsourcing to other Dimensions for back up. Like both The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters at the same time. The mere thought just blows my mind. ;). The team at IDW has me convinced that absolutely anything is possible. I am just enjoying the heck out of this Ark, I am really hoping we can see the Ghostbusters fight Krampus like Erik had teased wanting to do. I am just now hoping for these books to never end they are just so much fun. Sorry for being long winded just got myself worked up. :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

We should be very grateful that this comic series got another chance at life giving us even more chances to see Erik and Co. keep expanding and exploring the GB mythos with more story arcs, characters and ghosts to bust; can't wait to see what happens next and what surprises the comic series has in store. ^_^
Oh believe me I am incredibly grateful. ;) It is especially awesome to come back to the original continuity after all the Reboot hype. I am really looking to seeing just how far the IDW crew can go. :):):)
November solicits. Too bad there's no way to save an image from a PDF-looking document (Unless that's just me).
We're back in the City That Never Sleeps for the final battle between the Ghostbusters and a rogue immortal who wants nothing more than control over the legions of Hell and dominions over the whole world! (Which sounds like Tuesday to us.) If they save the world, will the Ghostbusters ever venture beyond the five boroughs again without a massive retainer? Find out here in the GHOSTBUSTERS: INTERNATIONAL terrifyingly fun grand finale!
So this'll be like The New Ghostbusters then, reverting back to just Ghostbusters at the end of the arc?
Here's a screen grab of the solicit if anyone wants it.

Woof. What a cover. Takes me back to Displaced Aggression #4.

Hmm, could be interesting now that the big bad is known to be an immortal -- certainly complicates things since he's not a ghost, demon or god.

But since this is the finale... this possibly means we'll get that Krampus story in December after all? :D
mrmichaelt wrote:Well, I figured that was Rookie on the #11 cover with Ray, Winston, and Peter. I think that's his pack. Will get a better look when the solicit drops this week presumably.
Actually if you Zoom in you can see RGB Egon's pony tale and the pack has a ghost trap attachment and 3 lights instead of 4. With that I am even more excited, fighting the Legions of Hell and RGB Egon is along for the ride. What more could you ask for? :):):).
Part of what Evensen's doing in #9 will be in Japan. :D
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 7544186880
philmorgan81 wrote:Actually if you Zoom in you can see RGB Egon's pony tale and the pack has a ghost trap attachment and 3 lights instead of 4. With that I am even more excited, fighting the Legions of Hell and RGB Egon is along for the ride. What more could you ask for? :):):).
Oh, yeah. I can see the silhouette of his hair do, now.

I'm a little on the fence about RGB Egon being around for 4 issues but once I read #8 and well, if it boosts sales numbers -- it's all good.
So, not related to the International arc, but very much about the comics:
I was going back and reading the TMNT crossover and verified what I already knew: There are meanings behind the Renaissance names Peter picked for himself and the others just to mess with the Turtles. Botticelli (Ray) painted a blonde Venus, Signorelli (Winston) painted the Last Judgement, Titian (Egon) painted mostly redheads (establishing Titian hair) and El Greco (Peter)....OK, I'm stumped on that one.

Anyone else notice?
Bottom left also has two symbols, one I don't recognize, but the one that is two asterisks the second one with what looks like a lowercase "e" attached to it is from the reconstructed Grey Skin grimoire of Icelandic magic or Seiðr. It's a stave used "to cause fear in an enemy".

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]