By Gozerhead
I have a Stantz name plate sewn on, but I'd like to be able to use different name plates. Has anyone come up with a clean way to do this? I was thinking of adding velcro to the suit and ordering name plates with velcro?

My mom, who is great with a sewing needle is coming next week, so I am hoping to order asap and have it done for me.

Thanks!
By gboy6
Most suits already have velcro where the name tag goes. So all you have to do is sew the name tag to the velcro.
By GozerDrew
Alternatively you could try sewing snaps onto the suit and name tags. I used to do this to secure patches for hockey and never had an issue with one coming off by accident. Just use small (1/4"?) snaps from a craft store and make sure they're correctly spaced and the patch should be held pretty tightly to the suit.
By Chris Brewin
Velcro is probably going to be the easiest and cleanest way to swap name tags. One concern might be the length of the tags. Usually the tags are based on the length of the name; short name, short tag. You may find you have to change the patch on your suit to match either the longest name (and thus have exposed loop side (soft side) of Velcro with shorter names) or go with either a small patch on the suit (meaning the rough hook side on longer names might chafe the suit where the shorter loop side doesn't reach).

Alternatively, you might be able to use magnets. I think the cleanest way to do that would be to make a little pouch the size of the name tag in question that would have the name tag sewn to it, and have a very thin piece of magnet-friendly metal (also cut to size of the tag) inserted into the pouch. Go online and get some of those crazy strong magnets and put them on the inside of the flight suit and bam. Now, this would mean that you've got a solid plate on your chest which might make wearing the proton pack or slime blower really uncomfortable.

Just a couple of other thoughts for you.
By ccv66
I second the Velcro. My first suit was a a rothco but I upgrade over the year's and bought two more. Flights suit aren't that much on ebay I would consider buying another suits before un sewing Your stantz.. My thought's were to have a decent suit for myself than I got 4 name tags and velcro for my rothco. So if I had a buddy that wanted to borrow it or I wanted dress up as Egon, I could. Rubies used Velcro on their costumes and I think some military have Velcro patches too.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]