Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Welcome to the forum, theweecrow!

Anyhow, as many times as I read #8, I just couldn't see Kevin. Looks like they didn't have time for that panel after all.

Other than that, I'm in over my heels in giddiness!
This Post Contains Spoilers
GBI #8
Main Story
Haunted America
Easter eggs so far
theweecrow wrote:Bottom left also has two symbols, one I don't recognize, but the one that is two asterisks the second one with what looks like a lowercase "e" attached to it is from the reconstructed Grey Skin grimoire of Icelandic magic or Seiðr. It's a stave used "to cause fear in an enemy".
Ah yes, the Hræðigaldur. Good eye.

The other one, I guess is some Satanic perversion of the Triumphant Cross or something.
LandoSystem wrote:Does anyone know what the gun in Egon's apartment next to the reboot trap is from?
Because we've yet to have a good resolution view of it, hard to say. I'm leaning to it being Egon's shotgun mod from RGB "Loose Screws"
HauntedWallflower wrote:Anyhow, as many times as I read #8, I just couldn't see Kevin. Looks like they didn't have time for that panel after all.
In private, Erik told me he meant to say Issue #9. He wrote #8 and #9 at the same time so there was a little mix up with that tease.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on September 4th, 2016, 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mrmichaelt wrote:In private, Erik told me he meant to say Issue #9. He wrote #8 and #9 at the same time so there was a little mix up with that tease.
In that case, Kevin better be the only one in the NY office, cos I wanna see Janine running around in a proton pack again.
HauntedWallflower wrote:In that case, Kevin better be the only one in the NY office, cos I wanna see Janine running around in a proton pack again.
Considering things - multiple locations that have to be searched asap across the globe - probably just Kevin and Jenny. But even that is leaving NYC in a tough spot... if something else big were to happen...
By mrmichaelt
Two more things from #8

1. page 14: The post it note on the check list clipboard by the Containment Unit lists off the parts Egon and Peter check off in "Citizen Ghost"

2. page 18: Kaia's envelope is the Lou's Cafe envelope Marty uses to write the message to Doc Brown to open in 1985 at the end of "Back to the Future"
HauntedWallflower wrote:Welp, looks like you were right, mrmichaelt, the date's been pushed to Sep 28th. It says December 28th, but that's an obvious typo.
Yeah, I sent Diamond an email about that date error last Wednesday. Never heard anything back from them. Maybe if more people email them...

webmaster@diamondcomics.com
By zeta otaku
So, this might be highly premature, but... after Ghostbusters International wraps up (loving this story arc by the way), will the line continue (either under the GB International name or another volume with an issue #1)?
By mrmichaelt
zeta otaku wrote:So, this might be highly premature, but... after Ghostbusters International wraps up (loving this story arc by the way), will the line continue (either under the GB International name or another volume with an issue #1)?
Unknown. But for Volume 2, it eventually transitioned back to just 'Ghostbusters' -- so it could be the same case here. But with all the publicity of seeing Ghostbusters around the world, other countries and clients would surely take notice... but then again Peck brokered the deal with the bad guy's lackey that got them into this mess in the first place.

We'll see in a few weeks when the December solicits are released.
*NormalGamer* liked this
zeta otaku wrote:So, this might be highly premature, but... after Ghostbusters International wraps up (loving this story arc by the way), will the line continue (either under the GB International name or another volume with an issue #1)?
We still have the annual to look forward to, but other than that there is yet to confirm whether another series will be greenlighted. Everyone's making plans so far.
By theweecrow
Met and spoke with Dan this past weekend at Fan Expo (he is super nice and also sketched me a gorgeous and very detailed commission, seriously, if anyone meets him and he's open to commissions, his art is worth every penny), and he said that they are still waiting to see if IDW will continue the series after International. There is definitely an Annual coming after International wraps up with #11, though.

They are thinking, if it continues after International and the Annual, of bringing in more guest artists. Dan does spend on average 13-14 hours per page, including inking. It's a HUGE amount of work. He sounds like he definitely loves the job, but it also sounds like it's very time-consuming.
By zeta otaku
Well... I mean... in that case... someone needs to tell Dan that they make IV drips and catheters for a reason! To make awesome artists work longer with fewer breaks!

But no, really... yeah, I can definitely see him needing a break with more guest artists and I REALLY hope they continue the series after the second annual. Hell, I'm hoping they do a second comic based off the new movie too... but I might be hoping for too much ^_^
By theweecrow
zeta otaku wrote:Well... I mean... in that case... someone needs to tell Dan that they make IV drips and catheters for a reason! To make awesome artists work longer with fewer breaks!
Hahaha, poor guy. He looked exhausted but happy by the time I went to get my sketch back. I'm still in awe of what he accomplished in the time he had. Mind you, at this point, he can probably draw his own designs in his sleep.
zeta otaku wrote:But no, really... yeah, I can definitely see him needing a break with more guest artists and I REALLY hope they continue the series after the second annual. Hell, I'm hoping they do a second comic based off the new movie too... but I might be hoping for too much ^_^
They've had a good lineup of guests, so far. My favourites are Rachael Stott and Erik Evansen, I welcome their line art anytime, but as long as Luis continues colouring and/or they don't suddenly get RGB hair colours, I'm happy. I hope they continue, like I told Dan today on Twitter "As long as they keep making the comic, I'll keep buying it!" I would love a series based off the new movie, too, but I think it's currently off-limits for that. I know Erik Burnham is interested in writing it, as is Gail Simone.
*NormalGamer* liked this
theweecrow wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:Well... I mean... in that case... someone needs to tell Dan that they make IV drips and catheters for a reason! To make awesome artists work longer with fewer breaks!
Hahaha, poor guy. He looked exhausted but happy by the time I went to get my sketch back. I'm still in awe of what he accomplished in the time he had. Mind you, at this point, he can probably draw his own designs in his sleep.
zeta otaku wrote:But no, really... yeah, I can definitely see him needing a break with more guest artists and I REALLY hope they continue the series after the second annual. Hell, I'm hoping they do a second comic based off the new movie too... but I might be hoping for too much ^_^
They've had a good lineup of guests, so far. My favourites are Rachael Stott and Erik Evansen, I welcome their line art anytime, but as long as Luis continues colouring and/or they don't suddenly get RGB hair colours, I'm happy. I hope they continue, like I told Dan today on Twitter "As long as they keep making the comic, I'll keep buying it!" I would love a series based off the new movie, too, but I think it's currently off-limits for that. I know Erik Burnham is interested in writing it, as is Gail Simone.
@ *referring to bold*

This sums up my feelings about the comic, too; The GB mythos still needs to be explored and so many story arcs to be told. ^_^
By mrmichaelt
*NormalGamer* wrote:This sums up my feelings about the comic, too; The GB mythos still needs to be explored and so many story arcs to be told. ^_^
So so many. Like Kevin getting certified to bust some ghosts. ;)

But I don't know how many more times my heart can take it when they say the ongoing will end temporarily. lol.
mrmichaelt wrote:
*NormalGamer* wrote:This sums up my feelings about the comic, too; The GB mythos still needs to be explored and so many story arcs to be told. ^_^
But I don't know how many more times my heart can take it when they say the ongoing will end temporarily. lol.
Ditto. Friggin' ditto. I DO NOT want this comic to end at all. Especially since Sony hasn't let up on creative constraints that allow for *ahem* major character development. *cough* egonandjanineforever *cough*
HauntedWallflower wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:But I don't know how many more times my heart can take it when they say the ongoing will end temporarily. lol.
Ditto. Friggin' ditto. I DO NOT want this comic to end at all. Especially since Sony hasn't let up on creative constraints that allow for *ahem* major character development. *cough* egonandjanineforever *cough*
@ *referring to bold*

Yeah, I see what you mean; holding back character development for the characters isn't cool, but honestly, even if they don't end up together as an official couple, i'm not gonna complain about it; that's what fanfiction is for, anyway. It's like one forum user said in the IDW forums (which dosent exist anymore):

"The Rookie": So... Wait. It seems like you're frustrated by the lack of cliched and lazy conflict resolution because it doesn't fit your ideal romantic scenario for these two characters? As M. Thunder suggests Eric, by the mere act of addressing the possibility of a relationship, is clearly creating tension for when the direction of the relationship is revealed and I like it. If they get together, great. If not, great. If they both die in some parallel dimension, great. Life is just a string of uncertainties, and no one is guaranteed anything, especially love. We as readers want what we want and if that's a happy ending, groovy because that is an ever-persistent fantasy that EVERYONE has and strives for, but life just doesn't work that way sometimes. Do they happen? Of course they do. Is there any guarantee? Not at all. But seeing the final resolution, the final climactic moment where things come together or finally irreparably break apart, isn't that worth sticking around for?
Here's another from a different user:
"M.Thunder": I'll third what Rookie said: nothing is guaranteed, especially not love. We don't know what will happen or why, but the story itself isn't here exclusively to fulfill our self-indulgant fantasies. Unless you count the fantasy of even having a continuing Ghostbusters series. That IS what it's here for. Everything else is just icing on the cake. :)
I just saved some of these quotes when the forums were going haywire.
*NormalGamer* wrote:@ *referring to bold*

Yeah, I see what you mean; holding back character development for the characters isn't cool, but honestly, even if they don't end up together as an official couple, i'm not gonna complain about it; that's what fanfiction is for, anyway. It's like one forum user said in the IDW forums (which dosent exist anymore):

"The Rookie": So... Wait. It seems like you're frustrated by the lack of cliched and lazy conflict resolution because it doesn't fit your ideal romantic scenario for these two characters? As M. Thunder suggests Erik, by the mere act of addressing the possibility of a relationship, is clearly creating tension for when the direction of the relationship is revealed and I like it. If they get together, great. If not, great. If they both die in some parallel dimension, great. Life is just a string of uncertainties, and no one is guaranteed anything, especially love. We as readers want what we want and if that's a happy ending, groovy because that is an ever-persistent fantasy that EVERYONE has and strives for, but life just doesn't work that way sometimes. Do they happen? Of course they do. Is there any guarantee? Not at all. But seeing the final resolution, the final climactic moment where things come together or finally irreparably break apart, isn't that worth sticking around for?
Here's another:
"M.Thunder": I'll third what Rookie said: nothing is guaranteed, especially not love. We don't know what will happen or why, but the story itself isn't here exclusively to fulfill our self-indulgant fantasies. Unless you count the fantasy of even having a continuing Ghostbusters series. That IS what it's here for. Everything else is just icing on the cake. :)
I just saved some of these quotes when the forums were going haywire.
I too know where to find the long-gone IDW forums and have read these quotes before. I don't hope for anything cheesy, in fact, I mould my headcanons to fit with the plot whenever a new issue comes out. But I do wish something close to a huge hint (like, a seed of somewhat wishful hope) comes along and it doesn't end on an unsatisfactory (My word for it) note like when we all thought Vol 2 was the last. And in this ongoing arc, I see something worth sticking around for btw.

And I do like more icing on my cakes. Make it chocolate icing.
By mrmichaelt
I fine with breaks but definitive breaks are better (i.e. right away they way, 'we're ending at #11 in November and the series will start again in February')

In terms of relationships, hmm. I do appreciate they resolved Peter and Dana in Volume 2. I'm glad they left some hope for Winston and Tiyah. I love that Ray and Jenny are an item. Egon and Janine, well, I'd settle for them having a 2 page long conversation at this point. :P

On one hand you can look at GBI as just volume 3 of the ongoing series or you look at it as progress. Essentially, it is an 11 part arc, not the traditional 4 parters the crew was beholden to for a while then there was the 8 part Mass Hysteria capping off Volume 2. And to boot, they've increased the length of the trade paperbacks. The first GBI one was five issues and looking at Amazon's pre-order page, the next one will be six issues long.
mrmichaelt wrote:I fine with breaks but definitive breaks are better (i.e. right away they way, 'we're ending at #11 in November and the series will start again in February')
Agreed. IDW ought to make the deal that they pick up the series on either Jan or Feb after the annual. In fact, IDW should keep this series going for two or three years tops.
In terms of relationships, hmm. I do appreciate they resolved Peter and Dana in Volume 2. I'm glad they left some hope for Winston and Tiyah. I love that Ray and Jenny are an item. Egon and Janine, well, I'd settle for them having a 2 page long conversation at this point. :P
Thank goodness for the cleared air between Peter and Dana. That's one shadow down. I would really love to see Tiyah again. Maybe there should be an arc where her psychic friend in the wheelchair (forgot her name) is the only other person besides Winston, who remembers the marriage. Ray and Jenny should stay together for as long as everyone reads these comics. As for the only OTP that I would happily swap for my own parents....

2 pages?! TWO?! The elephant in that room is big enough to cover a whole ARC!!!! (Just kidding, they need four pages at least.).
On one hand you can look at GBI as just volume 3 of the ongoing series or you look at it as progress.
It's the former for me.
By mrmichaelt
Well, if it's any consolation, comixology now changed their Sept. 7 date for #9 to TBD. In the past, when it gets to TBD -- takes a week or so for them to get the final date down pat.
HauntedWallflower wrote:2 pages?! TWO?! The elephant in that room is big enough to cover a whole ARC!!!! (Just kidding, they need four pages at least.).
lol. Fingers crossed for something in #11 or Annual #2. Hmm, I wonder if we'll see Egon, wherever he is, in #9 or 10 before his presumed revival in #11.
mrmichaelt wrote:Well, if it's any consolation, comixology now changed their Sept. 7 date for #9 to TBD. In the past, when it gets to TBD -- takes a week or so for them to get the final date down pat.
By now I expect the delay. Almost every issue gets delayed. I expect #9 to come out the last Wednesday of this month., as with almost every issue before.
mrmichaelt wrote:Hmm, I wonder if we'll see Egon, wherever he is, in #9 or 10 before his presumed revival in #11.
According to theweecrow, Dan says yes (She asked him when she met him at FanExpo).
By theweecrow
mrmichaelt wrote:Well, if it's any consolation, comixology now changed their Sept. 7 date for #9 to TBD. In the past, when it gets to TBD -- takes a week or so for them to get the final date down pat.
HauntedWallflower wrote:2 pages?! TWO?! The elephant in that room is big enough to cover a whole ARC!!!! (Just kidding, they need four pages at least.).
lol. Fingers crossed for something in #11 or Annual #2. Hmm, I wonder if we'll see Egon, wherever he is, in #9 or 10 before his presumed revival in #11.
Previewsworld fixed their date to Sep 28th: http://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL160559.

And yes, I asked Dan directly if we'll see where Egon is, and he said yes. I want to say he confirmed we'd see it in the upcoming issue, but I'm not sure if it's going to be then. Things are a bit fuzzy, I was tired and dehydrated that entire day. I could barely gasp "That is perfect, thank you!" when I got my sketch back from him later that day, I felt like death warmed over. I am terrible at drinking fluids when they're actually needed. :P
By mrmichaelt
gboy6 wrote:By now I expect the delay. Almost every issue gets delayed. I expect #9 to come out the last Wednesday of this month., as with almost every issue before.
Yes... and hard to believe but I'm aware of that pattern. ;)
theweecrow wrote:Previewsworld fixed their date to Sep 28th: http://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL160559.
Cool. Took a week.
theweecrow wrote:And yes, I asked Dan directly if we'll see where Egon is, and he said yes. I want to say he confirmed we'd see it in the upcoming issue, but I'm not sure if it's going to be then. Things are a bit fuzzy, I was tired and dehydrated that entire day. I could barely gasp "That is perfect, thank you!" when I got my sketch back from him later that day, I felt like death warmed over. I am terrible at drinking fluids when they're actually needed. :P
Thanks for asking. No worries. He probably works on 2 issues at a time so things blend. Good to know Egon won't be totally absent. Gulp, but who knows what unspeakable horrors he might be subjected to... a world of white boards where no marker works! :sigh:
HauntedWallflower liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Good to know Egon won't be totally absent. Gulp, but who knows what unspeakable horrors he might be subjected to... a world of white boards where no marker works! :sigh:
Or even worse, no white boards AND no markers! He'd have to be sitting in one place trying to push the limits of his mind with smoke coming out of his ears!!!!

I imagine oblivion to be a big, black nothing (kind of like outer space with no stars, planets and other space paraphernalia) that only Thorsteinsson can come and go from.
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote: Or even worse, no white boards AND no markers! He'd have to be sitting in one place trying to push the limits of his mind with smoke coming out of his ears!!!!

I imagine oblivion to be a big, black nothing (kind of like outer space with no stars, planets and other space paraphernalia) that only Thorsteinsson can come and go from.
I imagine a pile of markers, and he tries each one -- only for each to be dry and unable to write anything.

Bit of a 2001..hmm, or a Matrix thing, that white room with the old timey arm chair. <cough>LessworkforDanandLuis<cough>
By theweecrow
mrmichaelt wrote:Thanks for asking. No worries. He probably works on 2 issues at a time so things blend. Good to know Egon won't be totally absent. Gulp, but who knows what unspeakable horrors he might be subjected to... a world of white boards where no marker works! :sigh:
He mentioned this past weekend he was roughly halfway through penciling/inking #10. Honestly, at this point, I practically expect them to take a couple of months off after International ends just to be able to have a good advance on work. It looks like there were delays in production too, not just in distribution.

As for Egon and the unspeakable horrors of oblivion... I actually had a mental image of him removing his glasses, dragging his hand down his face, and grunting an annoyed: "Not again!" in reference to when they were abducted by the Collectors. My mind amuses me.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Looking again at the #11 regular cover -- at first I thought it was just a nondescript demon but c'mon -- Dan Schoening. So against my better judgment, I let it bug me because it vaguely reminded of something. So at first, I thought it was a nod to the cover for Ghostbusters: The Return with Xathador in the background but he had no wings and no horns. But since the movie is still out there, the demon's silhouette better matches Mayhem. Hmm. So that could be the nod.
#11 cover
Xanthador
Mayhem

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]